Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!

Go down 
+18
Mitch
Aipom Fan
Pokémon Trainer Shane
aaron122894
ampharos181
Pokeyug
Geoffrey
Gligar13
szlemm
offkilter06
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
ker-plop
Tommy
Rocket Grunt
metfan5695
Trainer Rachel
PokemonTrainerLisa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 3:01 pm

Wow, Sarah did really good in this episode. At least in my opinion by the way.

NO! They ruined Ambipom's voice Sad Now I can't stand it's voice....I want Aipom back!!!

I just don't get it.... Is Pokemon USA toying with us!? They bring back an old minor VA from 4Kids each week and yet we see no main cast! I think they're thinking if they bring back a handful of old voice actors, then maybe we'll die down with SOVA.

Let's just hope we're the ones behind these changes and not just because they feel the need to...

A off topic question, why does Kenny always call Dawn "Dee-dee"? It's just stupid...

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

Male Number of posts : 365
User Title : 暁 ミッチ ザ 物堅い
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 3:17 pm

We should have a list of all the ex voice actors of Pokemon then we will x out all the onces that returned. I was watching watching Pokemon Johto in Toonami Jetstream and I never noticed that they used to have all those voice actors. They had like a two page credit screen in the credits with names for the actors.
Back to top Go down
http://raybound.com
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 5:41 pm

Personally, I think Sarah was a bit early DP/late Battle Frontier-ish today. She wasn't as good as last week or the week before, I can say that.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 8:39 pm

No way Lapras. I fully agree with Aipom Fan. Sarah blew me away today. I'm surprised more people aren't thinking that. Seriously, she was AMAZING in this episode. She sounded NOTHING like she did late Battle Frontier/early DP when her voice was unnaturally deep and forced. Her voice in this episode was nearly perfect and had a lot of Veronica quality to it. So yeah Aipom Fan, I definitely agree with you Wink This was her best performance to date, IMO.

Now, back to the 4kids VAs. Here's the deal. If they really want their jobs back, they are gonna have to get them back themselves. We can't do everything for them. DuArt is obviously showing that they have an interest in the 4kids VAs. But have any of the original VAs ever even showed interest in DuArt?

Veronica said (if this is legit) that other 4kids members are betraying her by going to DuArt. Well, apparently this means they are WANTING to work on Pokemon and are able to do so, so they are leaping at the chance. And what is Veronica doing? Is she just waiting around for DuArt to come knocking on her door? Isn't gonna work like that. She's gonna need to take the initiative and approach them.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 9:30 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Now, back to the 4kids VAs. Here's the deal. If they really want their jobs back, they are gonna have to get them back themselves. We can't do everything for them. DuArt is obviously showing that they have an interest in the 4kids VAs. But have any of the original VAs ever even showed interest in DuArt?

Veronica said (if this is legit) that other 4kids members are betraying her by going to DuArt. Well, apparently this means they are WANTING to work on Pokemon and are able to do so, so they are leaping at the chance. And what is Veronica doing? Is she just waiting around for DuArt to come knocking on her door? Isn't gonna work like that. She's gonna need to take the initiative and approach them.

Yeah. The old VAs should not sit around waiting for their phone to ring only to find out it isn't Duart or PUSA.

Someone here should email Veronica and explain to her that she would have to approach DuArt herself.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 9:36 pm

I agree with you Rachel.

But there's just one problem with your theory. I don't think the original cast can actually approach Pokemon USA themselves. I mean, I don't think that they would actually be allowed to do something like that. Because, if they could've done this back in the beginning, don't you think they would've already tried it?

This is why I really think that Pokemon USA has been under the belief of some "lie" about the VAs' contracts. Which could explain why they're suddenly hiring VAs from 4Kids now, cause the contracts have expired now....

I mean, really, I've been all over the topic of the VA switch and how it happened. The only thing that makes sense (besides everything the original cast has told us) is that Pokemon USA is either lying, or they were lied to by someone else.

Come to think of it, I remember Maddie saying the EXACT same thing on Bulbagarden at one point (about lies and such).

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 7th June 2008, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 9:40 pm

The fact that other 4Kids VAs have approached DuArt and been hired with them totally disproves any sort of contract theory. There is no reason why the original VAs shouldn't approach DuArt themselves if other 4Kids VAs are doing so. They're just regular 4Kids VAs like the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 9:51 pm

DuArt could have called them. You never know.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 10:00 pm

Maybe we should ask Dan Green?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 10:06 pm

If the original cast is just regular 4Kids VAs like the rest of them, then why doesn't Pokemon USA approach them in the first place?

Is Pokemon USA afraid they might actually make the fans HAPPY this time, and do something right for a change?

Also, Rachel, don't forget - we are still unaware of whether or not the recently hired 4Kids VAs approached Pokemon USA themselves, or whether Pokemon USA came to them.

If we knew the answer to this question, then I suppose we could take the next step and convince the original cast to approach Pokemon USA, or the other way around.

But anyway, I still have no idea what's going on here, because now Pokemon USA has hired 5 VAs from 4Kids. This is getting ridiculous now! And personally, I don't know about you guys, but I sure won't settle for the new cast staying on Pokemon. Because the original cast made the characters who they were, and they really deserve to have a chance to work on the show again.

I mean, I have to get Veronica Taylor back, because no one can bring Ash to life like she can! She really is the true Ash Ketchum!
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 10:16 pm

Next weekend is Dawn's contest (I think), so we will find out if Joy (Bella Hudson) and Contesta (Mike Pollock) have their voices back. Otherwise this whole thing will confuse me. If the old VAs can voice new characters, why can't they voice their old characters that they did at 4Kids.

Anyway, for now, we should try and get hold of one of the hired 4Kids VAs to ask them if they were approached by PUSA, or vice-versa.

Last edited by Lapras87 on 8th June 2008, 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Whoops! I meant Joy, not Jenny.)
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 10:31 pm

Well then, now we play the waiting game.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime7th June 2008, 11:29 pm

Huh, good point. We'll have to see what happens...

Though I prefer the new new Jenny, cause she sounds a lot like the original Jenny before Hoenn.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:20 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Though I prefer the new new Jenny, cause she sounds a lot like the original Jenny before Hoenn.
I agree, I loved Jenny's pre-Hoenn voice and I think her new VA sounds a lot like that. I hated her Hoenn voice though. She sounded like a boy putting on a girl's during those seasons. Her voice is the only one I want to stay, unless of course they can get her first VA to play her. The rest need their original voices though, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:30 am

Yep yep, I agree :]
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:38 am

THE TRUTH HAS BEEN REVEALED!

Mike Pollock is a really awesome and reliable guy, ya know?

I don't want to post his exact message for privacy reasons, but basically he said that there was infact a two-year non-compete agreement in effect that kept the original actors from working on the show for the first two seasons. That has now expired and in Mike's case, DuArt called him, he auditioned, and was cast.

And there you have it :]
Finally any confusion is cleared. Now we know the truth and can take it from there.

Last edited by Trainer Rachel on 8th June 2008, 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:53 am

So should we write DuArt and request they offer jobs to the others, then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:54 am

Yup.
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 5:10 am

well if thats the case then that hopefully means the next season will be back to the good voices :D ill still send pokeballs just incase hahaha you never know what pusa has up its sleeve!!
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

Male Number of posts : 365
User Title : 暁 ミッチ ザ 物堅い
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 7:06 am

Smile Finally where getting into something. One day I'll just turn on the tv on a Saturday morning, wow Can't it really be? it's Veronica Taylor. I hope they return on the next season or before some specific episode. Don't want to spoil it.
Back to top Go down
http://raybound.com
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 10:11 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Huh, good point. We'll have to see what happens...

I edited my post to make it say Joy. I got confused between Jenny and Joy. Jenny is not voiced by Bella Hudson, but Joy is. So maybe Joy will have her voice back.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 10:19 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:

I don't want to post his exact message for privacy reasons, but basically he said that there was infact a two-year non-compete agreement in effect that kept the original actors from working on the show for the first two seasons. That has now expired and in Mike's case, DuArt called him, he auditioned, and was cast.

Finally any confusion is cleared. Now we know the truth and can take it from there.
If that's the case, then I think we should go back to calling and emailing DuArt. All we have to do now is convince DuArt to give the cast a call. If what he said is true, then we wouldn't even have to convince PUSA anymore! If DuArt is the one who contacted him, then DuArt is the one we should focus on for now.

If this works, we just may see them back very soon.

EDIT: Here are Tim Werenko's (DuArt's dubbing producer) contacts:
Phone: 917-522-5674
Email: timw@duart.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 10:40 am

Their main number is 212-757-4581.

Their address is:

245 W. 55th St., #1
NY, NY 10019
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 11:03 am

Oh hell yes! I'm so glad that I can actually make the call to them. I'm going to do it tomorrw to see also if I can reach Tom Wayland too.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:26 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:

... Now I'm even MORE confused! The original VAs did lie to us? Remember, they said there was nothing keeping them from joining PUSA. However, Mike Pollock said there WAS a contract! Also, this means that Veronica was lying too, or the email was a fraud, because this isn't a loophole, and Veronica and the other VAs can be re-hired. What the hell is going on here!? And have we gotten any response from Maddie?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next