Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!

Go down 
+18
Mitch
Aipom Fan
Pokémon Trainer Shane
aaron122894
ampharos181
Pokeyug
Geoffrey
Gligar13
szlemm
offkilter06
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
ker-plop
Tommy
Rocket Grunt
metfan5695
Trainer Rachel
PokemonTrainerLisa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:00 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

First of all, Veronica, Maddie, and the rest have been saying (the entire time) that the contracts didn't preventing from retaining their roles or working on the show. Where are you getting your info for Veronica claiming that the contracts prevented her from working on Pokemon? I spoke to Veronica during the VA switch, and she said pretty much the opposite - that there was nothing in their contracts which prevented them from working on the show.

I think Geoff is refering to how Veronica is talking about a "loophole" now. If there wasnt any contract problems in the first place, why would they need a loophole to get back on the show?
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:03 am

I'm sorry Lisa. I know you're trying to defend Veronica because you like her so much, but we can't just ignore what she said in your first post. Something's up and we need to find out what it is. If it turns out that the original VAs were lying, that would mean PUSA, TAJ, and DuArt have been in the right this whole time, and makes us look very, VERY bad.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:04 am

Maybe there is only a "loophole" available for these VAs who have played minor roles, but perhaps this "loophole" doesn't apply to the original cast for some reason?

Either way, there is no way that I'll believe that Veronica, Maddie, and the original cast have lied to us this whole time.

Heck, when Mistress Puff and xdeadpan went to New York Anime Festival, they got to speak with Veronica and Rachael for 45 minutes and they discussed the entire issue. I'm certain that the original cast isn't lying about this. They'd have no reason to lie.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:06 am

Maybe there is only a "loophole" available for these VAs who have played minor roles, but perhaps this "loophole" doesn't apply to the original cast for some reason?

That would just create another contradiction. Maddie has stated that all of the VAs contracts are the same. I know it's hard to admit Lisa, but we need the truth. We need to hear Maddie's opinion on this. As long as the possibility that the VAs have been lying to us exists, we can't continue with SOVA's cause.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:08 am

Maybe someone from Pokemon USA/DuArt were the ones who told Veronica that they hired Dan Green, Bella Hudson, and Sean Schemmel. Maybe when they told her about hiring those VAs, they said that they couldn't hire Veronica or anyone from the original cast back because of a loophole....

Wait a second, this "loophole" is only referring to something which allows those 3 VAs to work on 4Kids shows. Therefore, it's possible that this doesn't have anything to do with allowing 4Kids VAs to work for Pokemon USA though!

Geoff, I think you've misunderstood what Veronica was saying. That's my opinion though.

EDIT: I just had a theory. Now this might sound a little Farfetch'd (lol), but just hear me out. ^^

Suppose Dan Green, Bella Hudson, and Sean Schemmel (and possibly Mike Pollock) have had a plan to get the original cast back. This plan would involve them getting hired as VAs. Then, they somehow convince whoever's in charge of hiring VAs to hire the original cast.

However, part of this plan was that they couldn't let the original cast in on what they were doing, for if Pokemon USA/DuArt found out - they'd fire them.

What do you think? Could this be possible guys? Or maybe I'm just thinking up crazy theories now because I can't figure this situation out. XD

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 31st May 2008, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:14 am

Maybe someone from Pokemon USA/DuArt were the ones who told Veronica that they hired Dan Green, Bella Hudson, and Sean Schemmel. Maybe when they told her about hiring those VAs, they said that they couldn't hire Veronica or anyone from the original cast back because of a loophole....

I think you misunderstand what a loophole is. A loophole is a way to get out of something binding someone, like a contract. It doesn't prevent people from doing things. And if this so-called loophole exists, then it should exist for the main cast like Veronica too.

Quote :
Wait a second, this "loophole" is only referring to something which allows those 3 VAs to work on 4Kids shows. Therefore, it's possible that this doesn't have anything to do with allowing 4Kids VAs to work for Pokemon USA though!

Again, all of the voice actors have the same contract, so this shouldn't be a problem.

Quote :
Geoff, I think you've misunderstood what Veronica was saying. That's my opinion though.

That's the thing though. You really like Veronica Taylor, so you're heavily biased about this. I'm sorry Lisa, but right now, Veronica is looking really suspicious. But we need to hear from Maddie first.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:18 am

Okay, okay. I understand what your saying, Geoff.

I'm just disagreeing with you, on Veronica's behalf of course. ^^

And also, if you really wanna know Maddie's thoughts on the situation, I'd suggest you email her. Because I haven't seen her on the SOVA forums for a while.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:19 am

I need someone else to email her then. I don't use email.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:20 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Cause Ken was the ORIGINAL narrator, Lapras...

Oh, I get it. Maybe Contesta will have his voice back, then.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 11:21 am

I would email her, but I'm going to the Darkrai event soon.

So I'll leave that up to someone else. ^^;

However, if no one else feels like emailing her, then I will have to do it myself. XD
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 3:23 pm

I'm still waiting on the ok to call DuArt/Tom Wayland. Also Geoffrey, I too was thinking that Veronica might be lying and she actually doesn't want to go back
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 3:28 pm

xNarutoUzumaki9x wrote:
Also Geoffrey, I too was thinking that Veronica might be lying and she actually doesn't want to go back

I hope that that is not the case. I would really be sad to hear that.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 3:37 pm

I'm starting to wonder if Veronica is lying to us so that we go after PUSA and their VAs. It seems like she's trying to manipulate us, although I certainly hope that's not the case. I don't mean to offend anyone, but there's something fishy going on here, and we need to get to the bottom of this. If it turns out that PUSA has been in the right all along, we're pretty much screwed.
Back to top Go down
metfan5695
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
metfan5695

Female Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 4:20 pm

I'm starting to think that 4Kids' contract expiring had nothing to do with the VA change at all.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 5:14 pm

I don't think it did either....

Because I honestly believe the whole "contracts" thing was just some lie conjured up by Larry Juris and TAJ. However, it was a lie which Pokemon USA believed, which explains why every time someone from SOVA asked about the VAs, they always gave us that contract excuse over and over.

However, the entire time, the original cast has been telling us that there's nothing in their contracts preventing them from working on the show.

Hmm, maybe it's some weird conspiracy?
Back to top Go down
metfan5695
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
metfan5695

Female Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 6:16 pm

I think all this time we were trying to fix the wrong problem. We've been trying to get back our voice actors, but that lies within the problem. If we figure out the ACTUAL reason, then maybe that could be the key to getting the voice actors back.
I don't know, I'm just taking shots, here. What does anyone else think?
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:00 pm

I think we need to get Maddie's opinion. This is all really confusing.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:07 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if Veronica is lying to us so that we go after PUSA and their VAs. It seems like she's trying to manipulate us, although I certainly hope that's not the case. I don't mean to offend anyone, but there's something fishy going on here, and we need to get to the bottom of this. If it turns out that PUSA has been in the right all along, we're pretty much screwed.
There is no way she is lying to us. I met her in person and trust me, she is definitely who would lie to her fans. She is just way too nice for me to think of her like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:12 pm

But someone has to be lying! I mean, who would change voices even when the show is a hit but ratings are getting worse? Put the show on a different channel but with the same voices!
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:15 pm

I don't think we should be pointing fingers. If Veronica isn't lying, then Maddie and the others have been lying. And if Veronica is so kind, why is she quick to point the finger at PUSA and the other VAs? Why is she so harsh as to call them traitors? It doesn't make sense. The only other possibility I can come up with is that this is not Veronica, but someone else, but we can't prove that at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:17 pm

xNarutoUzumaki9x wrote:
But someone has to be lying! I mean, who would change voices even when the show is a hit but ratings are getting worse? Put the show on a different channel but with the same voices!
The VA change had nothing to do with the fact that it moved to CN. It had to do with the fact that 4kids(who provided the voice cast) lost the rights to the show and PUSA's decision to hire sound-alikes (likely because they were cheaper).
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:17 pm

Think of Sherlock Holmes. The culprit is the person you least expect. Veronica???
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:19 pm

Lisa, what email did Veronica use when she emailed you? If it was a different one than usual, it might be fake.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:21 pm

I don't think this was an email. Check her first post again. It's her Guestbook.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:24 pm

I don't think it did either....

Because I honestly believe the whole "contracts" thing was just some lie conjured up by Larry Juris and TAJ. However, it was a lie which Pokemon USA believed, which explains why every time someone from SOVA asked about the VAs, they always gave us that contract excuse over and over.

However, the entire time, the original cast has been telling us that there's nothing in their contracts preventing them from working on the show.

Hmm, maybe it's some weird conspiracy?
Not to mention the fact that Larry said that the person who was playing Gary (Jimmy Zoppi) was different. This was obviously a lie because it was the same person. He also said the same about Kazie Rodgers.
EDIT:
Geoffrey wrote:
I don't think this was an email. Check her first post again. It's her Guestbook.
Lisa said it was an email as a response to a message she posted in her guestbook.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next