Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!

Go down 
+6
offkilter06
Aipom Fan
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
Geoffrey
Pokeyug
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Empty
PostSubject: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 3:49 pm

OMG! I just recieved an email from Mike Pollock! This is what he said:

"You are correct that Pokémon's 4Kids cast-members can now work on DuArt's production of the series, but you are incorrect that the principal actors have not been hired. You will most likely hear many familiar voices in upcoming episodes, not necessarily in their original roles."

Do you know what this means? It means that Veronica and the others might have been hired and not just the people who weren't necessarily in the main cast! The only problem is that they are as different characters.

EDIT: I have just received another email from him. This is what he said:

"I'm just an independent contractor, not a spokesperson for DuArt or Pokémon USA, so I can't provide any more details. I'm not at liberty to say which, if any, of the principals you may or may not hear, but I do suggest you keep your ears tuned. I'm also not privy to the casting decisions.

Thanks for understanding.

--Mike Pollock"
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 4:31 pm

Well, this definitely is good news, but as I've stated before, the original VAs have said that there was nothing keeping them from working on the show before. The email from Veronica that Lisa received also said that they couldn't work on the show and only the minor actors could. So either the old VAs, including Veronica, lied to us, or somebody really, REALLY fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 4:47 pm

That sucks. Why the fuck are they doing this (whoops *gets FCC off my tail*)? It makes no sense that they CAN hire the old VAs, but not for their old roles. I am ANGRY at DuArt right now. Maybe I'll get out my eggs and put them on my head to fry them (XD). If dad were not home, DuArt would be hearing a little piece of my mind. They should learn that just because that they get the new VAs roles replaced doesn't necessarily mean they have to throw the new VAs out onto the curb. They can still do other characters, sheesh. But DuArt is doing the opposite of what I think, and what everyone else thinks. They're hiring the old VAs for new characters and keeping the new VAs for roles that should be played by the old VAs. They should let the old VAs voice their old characters and let the new ones do the new characters, not the other way around.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 5:11 pm

Ok so I left a message with Tim Werenko over at DuArt to ask if it this was true. If it is, that's great that we are making progress! Now all I have to do is wait for a message back...
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 5:25 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Well, this definitely is good news, but as I've stated before, the original VAs have said that there was nothing keeping them from working on the show before. The email from Veronica that Lisa received also said that they couldn't work on the show and only the minor actors could. So either the old VAs, including Veronica, lied to us, or somebody really, REALLY fucked up.

I completely agree with you Geoffrey. Somebody is definately not telling us the true explaination of this whole thing. Like you stated before, either someone is confused with the situation, or the original Voice Actors (i.e Veronica) has been lying to us the whole time. No

Lapras87 wrote:
That sucks. Why the fuck are they doing this (whoops *gets FCC off my tail*)? It makes no sense that they CAN hire the old VAs, but not for their old roles. I am ANGRY at DuArt right now. Maybe I'll get out my eggs and put them on my head to fry them (XD). If dad were not home, DuArt would be hearing a little piece of my mind. They should learn that just because that they get the new VAs roles replaced doesn't necessarily mean they have to throw the new VAs out onto the curb. They can still do other characters, sheesh. But DuArt is doing the opposite of what I think, and what everyone else thinks. They're hiring the old VAs for new characters and keeping the new VAs for roles that should be played by the old VAs. They should let the old VAs voice their old characters and let the new ones do the new characters, not the other way around.

Lol... lol!
I cannot agree more! The fact that DuArt "possibly" hired the original cast back, or just perhaps a handful means we have been doing something right. However, giving their main roles away to the new VA's just sickens me! It obviously seems as though they are either toying with us; or just not clear as to what message we are sending them in what we really want.

xNarutoUzumaki9x wrote:
Ok so I left a message with Tim Werenko over at DuArt to ask if it this was true. If it is, that's great that we are making progress! Now all I have to do is wait for a message back...

That's fantastic work xNarutoUzumaki9x! : D Although it is true that we are infact making some progress; it seems as though DuArt doesn't quite really get our whole organization that well. Neutral Let's just hope we get some feed-back from Tim soon. That way, we can lean closer as to which way to approach them next.

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 7:13 pm

Weren't we already told that they could not discuss "legal business matters" with us?

EDIT: I believe DuArt doesn't know what we mean by wanting the VAs back. We want them back as their original roles. They're probably getting the idea that we will accept the old VAs on the show and not care who they voice. Either that, or they're messing with us to make us angry.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 10:59 pm

Here's what this says to me:

DuArt sees no need to put the original VAs back in their original places. They don't see any problem with the current VAs.

I think it's our job to (VERY gently and nicely) remind DuArt of the quality difference between the two groups. We must be firm with our convictions, but NOT bash the new VAs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 11:30 pm

OKay well this is definatly big progress!!
ANd i agree with Offkilter06 that we need to gently remind Duart of the quality between the two groups of Va's!! So ill continue with the projects however this time ill be writing on thepokeballs which cast member should reprise their roles eg. Veronica Taylor As Ash Ketchum.

The reson i think they cant reprise their roles just yet is casue the other Va's are still signed onto their characters, maybe in the next season the switch will happen and the original Va's will get their roles back and the 2nd group of Va's will get the other characters...

Progress is fun isnt it Razz
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime18th June 2008, 11:58 pm

(Not sure Lisa if I can say anything, so.... Razz)

Szlemm, your theory actually makes a lot of sense (about the actors being signed to their characters).

Here's what I propose:
We contact DuArt each time one of the original VAs are on the show and tell them how incredibly GRATEFUL we are that they hired them, but mention how we would love for them to return to their original roles. (at least just focus on the main ones, such as Ash, Jessie, Meowth, etc. Don't get greedy with Joy or Contesta!)

Also mention how if they are afraid that it'd be a whole new voice switch fiasco, mention how it wouldn't be like that because a lot of the people watching the show began with the old VAs, so obviously it wouldn't be like a new cast coming, just like the old ones took a vacation. For people who tuned in after Battle Frontier, then it would be a new voice switch BUT hey, we loyal fans had to deal with one after 8 seasons. I'm sure the newcomers can deal with one too Wink
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 12:05 am

Quote :
However, giving their main roles away to the new VA's just sickens me! It obviously seems as though they are either toying with us; or just not clear as to what message we are sending them in what we really want.
They aren't toying with us. Obviously the original VAs that we'll be hearing agreed to this and WANTED to come back to the show, regardless of the role at the moment. They want to work on Pokemon, period (probably with the hope of being able to get into their old roles someday).
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 1:15 am

I believe they will get their characters roles again, just have to let sarah and the current va's finish the season their on, im all for sarah and the other va's to play other roles in the anime!! Im just soo happy rite now that were one giant leap closer to our goal!!
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 1:35 am

Now, don't get too excited guys. You have to remember, we haven't been confirmed of this; it's just an e-mail from "supposably" Mike Pollock. It could be true, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves.

But, you're right. This is progress, and I think we're doing a fantastic job! (Pat yourselves on the back : D) So, let's just wait a couple days (or possibly weeks depending on when they record their episodes) and we should hear someone familiar soon.

And again, congratulations everybody! : D

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime19th June 2008, 3:11 am

*laughs*

Oh, we'll hear someone familiar much sooner than you know, Aipom Fan. Wink

And with that being said, here is something which relates to this current topic. https://sova.forumotion.com/news-and-announcements-f1/important-news-regarding-rachael-lillis-please-read-t191.htm

And man, I love it when I receive good news!! XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime5th August 2008, 11:54 pm

offkilter06 wrote:
Here's what this says to me:

DuArt sees no need to put the original VAs back in their original places. They don't see any problem with the current VAs.

I think it's our job to (VERY gently and nicely) remind DuArt of the quality difference between the two groups. We must be firm with our convictions, but NOT bash the new VAs.
Yes!

I completely agree with you! ^^

Somehow, we have to show DuArt that there is a HUGE different in quality between the new/current voice cast and the original voice cast. The only question is, how we should go about doing this....

EDIT: Nevermind, I replied to this thread cause I thought it was a NEW thread. XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 12:30 am

XD Lisa. I'll just lock it to prevent any confusion.

Topic LOCKED
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!   Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Main Original Voice Actors Hired as Different Roles!
Page 1 of 1