Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Worst Voice Acting Ever

Go down 
+7
Gligar13
metfan5695
Nekusagi
Tommy
Ben_darkpikachu02
iEatPikachuForLunch
Geoffrey
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

Worst Voice Acting Ever Empty
PostSubject: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 10:52 am

I thought maybe we could discuss the worst voice acting you've ever heard besides PUSA's dub of Pokemon. The worst voice acting I've ever heard came from a game for the Turbografx16 called Last Alert. The game is dubbed so horribly, that's it's just plain funny. It's almost as if there was no voice director at all, as the actors constantly slip up on the scripts or sound very unenthusiastic. Also, check out Audio Atrocities. They've compiled voice clips containing the worst voice acting in video games ever, including Last Alert.

Also, I will NOT tolerate bashing of any kind. I don't want to hear stuff like "Ryan Drummond fucking sucks" or "Jason Griffith should die and burn in Hell". Keep it civil please.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 6:59 pm

I know it's not really voice but translation errors, the game Zero Wing. It has awful grammar. (i.e. "All your base are belong to us." or "Someone set us up the bomb.")
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 7:58 pm

The fan translation of the SNES Star Ocean has good voice acting for a SNES game. Here is Youtube video of the opening:

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 8:22 pm

Um, I hate to burst your bubble Ben, but this about the worst voice acting, not good voice acting.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 9:29 pm

xNarutoUzumaki9x wrote:
"All your base are belong to us."

I know. I mean first off what the hell does it even mean? And secondly if they got rid of the "are" in it it'd be fine. "All your base, belongs to us." That would make sense then. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 9:37 pm

Might wanna check your grammar Brian because that'd still be wrong. "All of your base belongs to us." or "All of your bases belong to us." would be more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 9:46 pm

Are you questioning my authority college boy? lol

But you're right Geoffrey. It would be more appropriate however All your base are belong to us makes absolutely no sense at all. That was the point I was trying to make. I was never to good in grammer to being with. XD
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 9:54 pm

Brian wrote:
Are you questioning my authority college boy? lol

Nope, just your ability to use grammar.

Quote :
I was never to good in grammer to being with. XD

Or spelling for that matter. Razz
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th May 2008, 10:02 pm

Yeah, I always forgot it's an a instead of an e. : D Besides, it sounds like it should be an A doesn't it?

Anyway, time to get back on topic now. lol
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime21st May 2008, 3:15 pm

Lunar Knights for the DS.

Love the game to death, but the voices are WAAAY off in that one.

That, and Voltron. HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE show is HORRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
metfan5695
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
metfan5695

Female Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime21st May 2008, 5:10 pm

When I play Spiderman on the Wii the voices are waaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy off. Right after the voice is played they still show the scene with the person "appearing" to continue to talk. It drives me up a freaking wall!
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime21st May 2008, 9:13 pm

i hate voices in spyro (psx). They sound awful.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime21st May 2008, 11:08 pm

Some of the voices in Mega Man X7, Command Mission, and X8... and definitely "Maverick Hunter X." Yeah, they're robots, but do they all have to cram as many syllables into every sentence as they can?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime15th June 2008, 9:10 am

i have found even worse: shadow the hedgehog. the voices sound weird and you keep hearing "Damn, Not Here."
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime15th June 2008, 1:10 pm

Shadow the Hedgehog was ok...
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime15th June 2008, 4:01 pm

Shadow the Hedgehog had pretty good voice acting. Personally, I find that Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 had worse acting.
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime15th June 2008, 9:33 pm

Shadow the Hedgehog's Sonic had the worst voice acting. Jason Griffith's Sonic just plain sucks. You should see the amount of posts that Ryan Drummond has gotten over at his MySpace page saying that Ryan is better. When it comes down to video games, Kung Fu Panda (PS2, PSP, PS3, DS, Wii, Xbox 360) isn't that great. They are using a poor quality Jack Black sound alike to voice Po.
Ben
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime16th June 2008, 4:15 pm

Licensed games always suck. Also, you've never played Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 have you Ben? Jason did the worst job ever as Sonic in the game. Thankfully, he's improved a lot since then. Also, Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 didn't allow you to change the voice acting, unlike Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime16th June 2008, 5:54 pm

I just bought my Halo Edition 360 a month ago and I am trying to wait to see if there is a hack/exploit that will let me run homebrew (apps, emulators) on it. I am hoping for a homebrew cheat device for it so I can screw around with Halo 3 (I have already beaten it).
Ben
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 5:55 pm

Now that I've been playing it a while, Soulcalibur II. The English voices in that game? Craptacular (Talim sounds like a five year old). I switched to Japanese shortly after getting it back in December, and hearing those fantastic Japanese voices reminds me why.

Also, and it's ironic I'm saying this, Pokemon Puzzle League. Not that the VAs are bad (obviously, I'm the last one who'd say THAT) but you can tell they were recording their lines for that game at some ungodly hour. James sounds... gayer than he should, Misty's kinda squeaky, Tracey sounds half dead, Blaine doesn't sound as psychotic as he should, Giovanni sounds completely drunk (and as funny/awesome as it would be, I doubt it was intentional,) and Persian sounds like he's dying. Among what I can remember. That's part of why I love the game so much. (It didn't help that their lines were terrible. "You're wasting my time"?)

I know I probably just broke our own rule, but Lisa and I were discussing it recently and I felt like it needed to be posted here.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 6:00 pm

Puzzle League voices were bad because the sound quality was like a phone call. If that were not the case, the voices would probably be good.
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 6:19 pm

I was playing Puzzle League on an emulator (I download the older console games for cheat device code hacking purposes, it is easier to do on an emulator) and the voices are bad. I was playing Resident Evil 2 N64 this morning and it had better quality voices. I have both the PS2 and GC versions of Soulcalibur 2 and the PS2 voices are a little clearer, but not by much.
Ben
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 8:12 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Puzzle League voices were bad because the sound quality was like a phone call. If that were not the case, the voices would probably be good.
Same with most sega genesis games such as Comix Zone or Pulseman. Their voice quality is so bad, it is distorted.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 8:22 pm

Dude, it's Genesis. Genesis is known for it's bad sound processor.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime17th June 2008, 8:25 pm

Puzzle League really doesn't sound that bad at all guys o_O
Not PERFECT but it doesn't sound like it's coming from a phone at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst Voice Acting Ever   Worst Voice Acting Ever Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst Voice Acting Ever
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next