Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!

Go down 
+18
Mitch
Aipom Fan
Pokémon Trainer Shane
aaron122894
ampharos181
Pokeyug
Geoffrey
Gligar13
szlemm
offkilter06
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
ker-plop
Tommy
Rocket Grunt
metfan5695
Trainer Rachel
PokemonTrainerLisa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:14 pm

I understand that you're just trying to play devil's advocate and protect us here, Rocket Grunt. And to be honest, I really appreciate you doing this! ^^

But really, there's no harm being done by this. We're just making one phone call to DuArt, afterall.

Unless of course, Tom Wayland is exactly like Larry, and he's gonna go berserk on us and then play the "I'm gonna sue you!!1111" card (when really they can't sue us for harrassment, especially just for making ONE phone call). Heck, we're not even a company in the first place, like TAJ believed!!

I could understand us actually being sued if we were a company, but we're a bunch of fans for crying out loud (and we actually live in different states and different countries). If you ask me, it'd be pretty difficult for anyone to actually sue us.

With that being said, most claims of "harrassment" that we've had so far were just scare tactics, people telling us they'd sue SOVA (thinking that we were a company) in the hopes that we would back off and stop contacting them.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 29th May 2008, 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:26 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
I understand that you're just trying to play devil's advocate and protect us here, Rocket Grunt. And to be honest, I really appreciate you doing this! ^^

But really, there's no harm being done by this. We're just making one phone call to DuArt, afterall.

However, don't forget if you call them. Make sure that you tell them you'll be recording the call otherwise there may be legal issues, we don't want to get ourselves in trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:34 pm

Hmm, I suppose you're right about that, Brian....

But since the person making the call(s) to DuArt would be telling us about the call anyway, I thought it would be okay to record the call and say that we found out by the person telling us what was said.

It's not like DuArt reads these forums or anything. But on the other hand, he might not be able to record the call, anyway. To be honest, it doesn't matter if we record the call or not, but I thought it would just be nice to hear/see what was said during the conversation.

Also, alternatively, NarutoUzumaki could listen to what Tom Wayland says and type everything up in Word Pad or something (that would work too).

Although, if he can record the call and he asks Tom Wayland if he still wants to continue, I have a feeling Tom would say no and hang up.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 29th May 2008, 5:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:36 pm

Phone calls such as the ones we are making are not at all harassment. If Sega can endure thousands of calls asking for Ryan Drummond back, DuArt can just as easily endure a few calls asking for Veronica back.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:39 pm

That was very well said, Rachel! : D
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 5:41 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Also, alternatively, NarutoUzumaki could listen to what Tom Wayland says and type everything up in Word Pad or something (that would work too).

Yeah, a transcript would work out very nicely. Not only would we be able to see the conversation typed out and it could easily be posted in this thread, but people on slow connections such as myself would have an easier time since loading wav files on my computer takes forever!!

Made thread an annoucement thread ~Brian
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:13 pm

Ummm, I'm not so sure about the phonecall seeing as I need a number and I'll ask my dad (and he'll give me a time limit probably.)

Yeah, not so sure about recording but typing what we say might work...I don't know.......
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:16 pm

Here's a suggestion... tape what he says. Then you can listen and type, then destory the copy of the audio stream when you're finished with it.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:19 pm

Yes! Speaker phone with audio camera ftw!!!
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:26 pm

Yay! XD

And I know I already said this but, good luck. I really hope your call to Tom Wayland goes well, for all of us! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:30 pm

I'd like to wish you good luck too Nick!! I hope that we get some answers with this call. Make sure that if you do the transcript that you post it in this thread when you are done.
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 6:33 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Phone calls such as the ones we are making are not at all harassment. If Sega can endure thousands of calls asking for Ryan Drummond back, DuArt can just as easily endure a few calls asking for Veronica back.

I've been saying that all along. Calling for (valid) requests and information is not harassment; companies should expect calls like that, and answer them professionally.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th May 2008, 7:01 pm

Wow. I'm surprised and appalled by PUSA once again.

Veronica is super special awesome for e-mailing you back like that!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2008, 4:14 am

Pokemon USA knows exactly how to make their own fans angry.. im sending more pokeballs cause im disgusted how pusa is treating their fans!!! I want veronica and all the va's back so now is THE PERFECT time to send pokeballs!!
im gonna send two waves this week cause i refuse to see ash withouth his voice!!!! rest assure we will win
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th May 2008, 1:49 pm

I just sent 2 letters. 1 to PUSA, 1 to DuArt. I wrote about the minor Hireings and how Sarah sounds.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:09 am

Mike Pollock was in today's episode, Luxray Vision.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:16 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Mike Pollock was in today's episode, Luxray Vision.

Matthew did sound like him, but Mike was not in the credits. Weird.

Also, the narrator was the regular Ken Gates.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:28 am

Wow, Mike was in there?!

DANG PEOPLE. We need to act fast!! This is TOTAL PROOF THAT THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO REHIRE THE ORIGINAL VOICE CAST, PERIOD.

But listen, I know the original cast wants to stick together, but they need to realize that it's much more realistic to come back one at a time. They aren't betraying anyone by doing so; they're just being logical.

Lisa, does Veronica know this? I mean, I'm really afraid that she'll be offered the job but then REFUSE because they dont rehire the whole original group all at once.
She needs to realize that they seem to be rehiring only ONE per week, so it's very doubtful that they would rehire the whole group in one go. It's one at a time.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:31 am

The character of the day, Matthew HAS to be Mike Pollock! I mean, he sounded exactly like him! O_O

Some guy named Herb Lawrence was listed in the credits. I'm assuming that is Mike Pollock and that he's using a pseudonym (just like Billy Beach).

Well, that adds 4 people who have betrayed the original cast now!

Not that it surprises me, seeing as how Mike Pollock has only voiced a few side characters on Pokemon (along with being the narrator, starting from Pokemon Advanced until the last episode of Advanced Battle).

But still, it sucks that Pokemon USA keeps hiring more and more VAs from 4Kids. =(

EDIT: *nods* I agree with you, Rachel! It's clear to me that the best way to go about getting the original cast back, is to get everyone back one-at-a-time. That does seem to be how Pokemon USA is hiring their VAs.

Unless, that is just how these VAs appear in the episodes, and maybe they do things differently....

As for Veronica, I am not sure whether she knows about Mike Pollock or not. She didn't mention him in her email to me, so I assume that she isn't aware of this.

However, since she found out about the other 3 VAs, perhaps she will find out about Mike Pollock the same way.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 31st May 2008, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:35 am

Okay Lisa, you're really thinking of this the wrong way. I know Veronica says "betrayed" but think of it:

1) how are they betraying them? If I worked at 4kids I would leap at the chance to come back to Pokemon. Why? Cause there's a very good chance that if they rehired me, theyd eventually rehire the others. Who knows, maybe I (assuming i was a 4kids va) could convince them to do so!

2) You should be HAPPY that Duart is hiring 4kids VAs!!! Seriously, this is AMAZING NEWS!!!! This PROVES that the original cast can come back, AND this proves that Duart actually has an INTEREST in 4Kids VAs. We just need to get them to rehire Veronica and the ones that matter. Who knows, this could be foreshadowing on their part though. Seriously, 1 new 4kids va each ep for the past 4 weeks? Dang. Gotta mean something.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:43 am

So you guys don't know what a loophole is?

A loophole is a way of escaping a difficulty, especially an omission or ambiguity in the wording of a contract or law that provides a means of evading compliance.

Basically, either PUSA or the voice actors have found a way to work for both companies without voiding the contract.

Now for the more serious issue. Somebody is lying. According to Veronica, the contracts were binding them to 4kids, however, that contradicts everything we've been told! Maddie (as well as some other VAs I believe) has been saying that the contracts aren't barring them from working with PUSA. So we have a serious dilemma here. Is Veronica lying? Or is it Maddie? Before we point fingers, I'd like to get some verification from Maddie first. It really seems odd that Veronica would be so quick to blame these VAs for joining PUSA, so I'd like to hear from Maddie first.

Also, I apologize Maddie if this offends you in any way. I'm just pointing out the glaring problem here. I bear no ill will towards you, nor do I suspect you of anything.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:46 am

Yeah, something definitely is fishy... :/
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:50 am

The strangest part is...

THE NARRATOR IS STILL KEN GATES.

This is really confusing me. If Mike can be a new character, why can't they just let him be the narrator again?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:59 am

Geoff, you're wrong about that!

If you had went back a page or two, you would've found information that I had dug up which is related to the contract situation. But anyway, here it is again: http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova/i_contracts.php

First of all, Veronica, Maddie, and the rest have been saying (the entire time) that the contracts didn't preventing from retaining their roles or working on the show. Where are you getting your info about Veronica claiming that the contracts prevented her from working on Pokemon? I spoke to Veronica during the VA switch, and she said pretty much the opposite - that there was nothing in their contracts which prevented them from working on the show.

Also, Maddie has said the exact same thing on Bulbagarden several times.

If anyone has been lying, it's Pokemon USA/DuArt.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 31st May 2008, 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st May 2008, 10:59 am

Cause Ken was the ORIGINAL narrator, Lapras...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next