Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Voice Director for season 11!

Go down 
+14
animeforever
MimiMeowth
offkilter06
Hidden Mew
Pokeyug
Aipom Fan
PokemonTrainerLisa
impactkhtennis_thewind
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Trainer Rachel
Lapras87
Nekusagi
ker-plop
Rocket Grunt
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 4:37 pm

offkilter06 wrote:
Maybe some people would. In my opinion, Zoppi isn't bad at Meowth at all. But it is hard to let go of a VA that you have developed this freaky almost stallkerish relationship with *knows she's failing at getting a cohesive point across*

^^; Well, I...HATE it, when he goes "Meowth, now DATS a name".... I mean, he sounds like he drank too much....

Else, I dunno... I just always stare at the screen and then I'd love to yell: "GIVE IT A LIL MORE 'MREEEOW'!" ...

*sigh* But he can't really get that. Maybe he should peel onions, before he starts, so he's crying to begin with....

Eh.... But I don't dislike him as a voice actor... He's just not a good Meowth....

*sniffles*

And Brock..... *shudders* I....dunno... He doesn't sound 'Rocky' anymore... Now he sounds like an 'uncut pearl'... He might've swallowed a bit too much chalk... HRM...

Hah...hah.... Oh, I just wish they could've left everything the way it was...T_T Man....

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:

Guys, I want to ask you something. If Meowth's original voice, Nathan (was that his name?), had continued up nutil the end of Season 8, and Maddie came in with her own rendition at that point, would most of you guys be obsessing over Nathan's Meowth voice and hatin' on Maddie's Meowth voice? Probably, to be honest.

To be REALLY honest here, I would probably love Maddie WAY more!

And my reason for that is that I fell in love with Meowth, because of Maddie's voice. I was born and raised in Germany, so I always had to deal with Meowth's german CAT-ASTROPHIC voice! I really couldn't STAND him!

Now, since I watched the old Episodes, heard Nathan and DIDN'T like him one bit, yeah... I'm SURE I would still prefer Maddie...

To me, actually, she's the best Meowth EVER! (The japanese one's cute, but to me, not the best...)
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 5:47 pm

Also *going on a little with Shane's devil advocate line because it is great fun* there is HUGE difference between one VA at a time and dealing with a new set. It's like dealing with trauma or something. You can handle a LOT of things over time but when handled all at once, it's crazy.

I mean....we halfway lost Ted, lost Nathan, and Hollingshead (who is WAAAY underrated in my opinion) but you deal with it because you can just cling onto what you still have.

...much like my waning sanity.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
animeforever
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
animeforever

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 2:22 am

Wow Trainer Rachel! What a speech Wink

I completely agree with everything you just said! Especially your second point! I really DON'T hate the new dub at all. As soon as Diamond and Pearl got going it has actually become quite enjoyable but, and most of us here would probably agree, there is just something missing from it deep inside and that is the touch that original voice actors gave to their characters.

Out of all the new voices I can safely say that I don’t hate any of them, just sometimes Ash, Brock and Meowth get on my nerves! I really do enjoy listening to Sarah’s ever improving Ash for the most part (which is a HUGE improvement over her Battle Frontier ‘dude’ ish voice) but sadly she is no Veronica. I don’t let this stop me from enjoying the show overall though and yes I do think to myself sometimes ‘oh, I wish Veronica was doing this part’ but what can we do.

I must admit that at points Sarah really does sound a lot like her but then again at other times I just cringe at what she does which brings me to my biggest iff with her performance. When she hits the high screams and the way she says Piiii-kachu drives me crazy! She needs to tone them down a bit but all in all I have no problem with the general sound of her voice.

For now I think that maybe it would be good idea for us to get a hold of this new voice director and ask him to possibly help Sarah fix these little problems so that we can at least put ourselves at ease for the time being until the day comes when we can maybe see Veronica and the others back on the show.

Last edited by animeforever on 29th February 2008, 4:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 6:30 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
It seems that for you, the only way she can portray proper emotion is if she SOUNDS like Veronica.
Yeah, that's pretty much the way my mind works.

I don't know. Maybe for some people, like those people who aren't in SOVA, they have fully accepted Sarah as Ash. So those people really like her portrayal of the character, and they also like every single line that comes out of her mouth. Because either they just don't care about VAs in the first place, or they don't care that the voice is different from Veronica's.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Listen to this:
http://media.putfile.com/Movie10Best

Now tell me, WHAT is wrong with that, emotion wise? Simply the fact that it doesn't sound like Veronica? (though the "You woke me up, didn't ya buddy" sounded a heck of a lot like her) That emotion was spot on. I admit that at some points, Sarah isn't as "clever" I guess at capturing emotions as Veronica did. But now, it mainly boils down to the actual voice in your case.
The emotion in that, to be perfectly honest with you - it was very good.

And now that I've listened to those lines again, I can tell you that they were each good, in some way or another. Though, you're right, the "You woke me up, didn't ya buddy?" was the best line, cause it sounded the most like Veronica. ^^;

Anyway, I didn't realize something until recently. I've had a new revelation, about my entire view of Sarah's Ash. You see, I've said all this time that I hate Sarah's emotion. Well, apparently, that isn't really my problem with her voice. I've found that what Sarah is really missing here, is that spark - that extra special thing that Veronica put into Ash. Ash's voice was something that was very unique to me. It was something that I couldn't hear from any other character, in any other anime series. Veronica's Ash voice was very special, and whenever I heard it - just hearing it made me happy, and gave me this incredible feeling. I don't know if this was because I'm an Ash fangirl, or not. But either way, I could tell there was something very special about Veronica's Ash voice. That was pretty much the sole reason I would watch every episode of Pokemon whenever it aired on TV (which means I have seen hundreds upon hundreds of reruns). It didn't matter to me that they were reruns, they still gave me the same amount of enjoyment as when I watched them brand new.

Anyway, going back to Ash's voice, upon hearing Sarah's Ash, it reminds me of either, male characters-of-the-day on Pokemon. Or, the typical voice they would give to any male main character of another anime or cartoon. Do you know what I'm talking about here? By the way, Sarah's "Hey, I wanna do that" is a good example of what I'm talking about. Instead of sounding like Veronica's Ash, the voice itself sounds more like some other male character from another anime series/cartoon. In other words, it just doesn't sound like Ash (but you were right though, that line sounded Veronica-ish, in terms of the emotion).

And overall what I'm saying is, that voice which Sarah currently has, just doesn't scream "Ash" to me (but obviously, whenever she has one of her rare instances of sounding near EXACTLY like Veronica, that is the exception). Half the time, Sarah's Ash doesn't resemble Ash's original voice enough for me to even recognize him as being the same character. Sure, the emotion may be great, but...without any hint of resemblance whatsoever, and without that truly unique "spark of life" that Veronica added to the voice, the only way he is Ash now is with his looks.

Heck, Ash's voice constantly changes in D/P, so I admit it's hard for me to judge as far as the pitch of Sarah's Ash voice goes (compared to Veronica's pitch, whether it sounds higher or lower I mean). And I really, really wish Sarah would keep him constant in D/P. That pisses me off more than anything!

Anyway, I don't know if Sarah would be able to add anymore "spark" or "uniqueness" to Ash's voice. But I can tell you one thing, she sure isn't gonna be able to manage that, as long as she CONSTANTLY changes her Ash voice every other episode.

If she ever wants someone like me to like her voice, then she will have to pick a voice (any of the dozens she has) and stick with it. Because seriously, her Ash voice is way too inconsistent. And that makes me sick, about as much as when she tries to pull off a scene where Ash is angry (like at the end of The Rise of Darkrai). I don't know why, but she really can't do those scenes. She doesn't seem to do crying-Ash very well either. So yeah, it's obvious she does have some problems with Ash's emotions. But at least now, I know that isn't my biggest concern with Sarah's Ash.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
I admit after watching it a second time, they weren't as good as I remembered. However, there were definitely some that were much better than normal, and some I thought were even as good as Veronica's (yes, I said it) And I LOVED how Ash sounded when he was gliding down off the balloon.
Well, I noticed some very good lines from Sarah, too. ^^

Though, personally, I wouldn't say they were AS good as Veronica would be. But yeah, some of Sarah's lines in the 10th movie were a lot better than what I've been hearing in D/P lately. I just wish she could peform like that in the episodes too.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
You need to admit that with Ash. That is the only reason why you are so displeased with Sarah week after week after week, because you want VERONICA and nothing else. If it doesn't sound exactly like Veronica, even if it has just as much emotion, it won't matter to you (and you yourself just admitted this). I can firmly say that if you continue with this, you will never ever enjoy the dub as much as you could be.

I already cannot enjoy the dub. Well, not as much as I'd like to enjoy it anyway....

I mean, I'd like to enjoy Pokemon USA's dub as much as I did with the 4Kids dub. But I know that can never happen for me. Because Ash's voice is different, and so are the voices of Brock and Team Rocket. Heck, if you wanna get technical, even the script is different (Ash dropping his g's ALL the time, instead of only once in a while - the script writers have made this special thing about the way Ash talks into something else, something he does all the time).

So yeah, you get the picture. Pokemon USA's dub really is like watching a different show for me. It's just too different from the 4Kids dub, and of course, it lacks the great quality in voice acting that the 4Kids dub had.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
The point I'm trying to make is really that you are displeased because you are expecting Sarah to sound EXACTLY like Veronica, every react, yell, line, etc. And you've admitted that no one can sound exactly like Veronica. I know this little talk of mine isn't going to change anything, but I feel bad that you aren't able to enjoy the dub as much as the majority of others due to this. Again, I feel bad saying this since I totally know how you feel, but Sarah sounded good in the movie. Very good, in my opinion. And even other Sova members here have admitted it. You are just so attached to Veronica's portrayal of Ash that anything other than that will be lackluster.
Hey, I can't help but expect to hear AMAZING voice acting come from Sarah. XD

Yes, my expectations are very high. But I can't help it if this is the way I feel. I want Sarah to sound like Veronica (not exactly like her, because that would be impossible - but I do want to see her sound MORE like Veronica), because her Ash is too different for me.

But to be honest, how could fans have anything but high expectations? With Pokemon, we have gone from an amazing, all-star voice cast, to having VAs that are....well, good, but not great. This new voice cast cannot bring the charactes to life the way the old VAs did. And so of course, our expectations are gonna be high. Mine are. But believe me, I want Sarah to improve as much as anyone does. It's just difficult for me to see Sarah's emotion and notice what aspects she's improved on recently. My expectations probably are too high, but I can't help that. I just want Sarah to be more Veronica-like. But heck, even if I only hear a few Veronica-ish lines from Sarah in any given D/P episode (or like she did in The Rise of Darkai), that's enough to satisfy me. Although, I would prefer it if Sarah would get rid of the inconsistency problem she has with her Ash voice. That isn't helping her at all.

And by the way, I'm glad that you feel bad about how I'm not enjoying the new dub as much as everyone else. It means a lot to me to know that you care about how I feel, Rachel! ^_^

But I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about that. I try to enjoy the Pokemon USA dub as much as I can. But sometimes, Sarah's Ash voice does prevent me from enjoying it to the fullest extent possible. But I'm okay with that. I'm okay with the fact that I don't enjoy the show as much. But when I don't get enjoyment out of the characters' voices or the voice acting, there are other ways I can get my enjoyment from watching Pokemon - and that's from listening to any funny lines, seeing what happens in the episodes with the storyline (because I don't watch the Japanese version, it's great for me to watch new episodes, cause I don't know what's gonna happen), and the music (I LOVE the Pokemon BGM). Very Happy

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Ughn... again, the only bad line was near the end. Yeah, there were some parts where I thought, "Hey, Veronica wouldve put a bit more into that" but that does NOT mean Sarah isn't getting Ash's emotions down. I thought she did a great job at a lot of parts. You need to realize that Veronica is NOT the only solution for Ash's emotions. THis is also something I need to realize with Sonic.
You're right, Rachel.

I can't even tell anymore, as far as Sarah's emotion goes. ^^;

Sarah has a different kind of "best emotion" when it comes to bringing Ash to life. For me, the voice is so different, that it is very hard for me to tell the difference between "decent" emotion and when Sarah's giving us her "best" emotion.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
but the way Sarah "calls out" for Pikachu is just....nothing like the way Veronica did it. It took everything I had, to keep myself from cringing at those lines.
This I do agree with. She has too much emphasis on the "PIIIII-kachu" part that it does sound bad. Veronica would pronounce it more smoothly and quickly, and yeah, definitely better, like, "Pi-kih-chu."
Yay!! ^_^

I'm glad that we can agree on at least one thing. XD

Trainer Rachel wrote:
You are so attached to Veronica's voice that it warps your view of Sarah. And once again, I feel the same with Sonic, but I'm trying to get out of that.
That's pretty much what happens with me, yes.

I guess, I was a bit harsh on Sarah's performance in my review of The Rise of Darkrai. Now that I think of it, she was actually pretty good with the majority of her lines (though, as usual, I couldn't help but cringe at the bad lines).

But anyway, I'm glad that she did MUCH better with the emotion in this movie, than she did in the Manaphy movie. And with that being said, I did enjoy The Rise of Darkrai a lot more than the Manaphy movie. So it wasn't a bad movie at all. It just didn't have Veronica's Ash, lol (so of course, in my opinion, any movie dubbed by Pokemon USA would not compare to any of the 4Kids movies). XD

Trainer Rachel wrote:
You feel that Ash will never truly be the same unless Veronica is back voicing him, and that's fine. I feel Sonic will never be the same unless Ryan is back voicing him.
Does that mean that these character's will never be portrayed right unless these people are voicing the characters? No.
I get what you're saying here, Rachel. Really, I do.

However, if Ash was being portrayed correctly, I would've had no probablems with Sarah's performances in episodes like "Duels of the Jungle", "Battling The Enemy Within" and "Cutting The Ties That Bind".

Yes, those are all Battle Frontier episodes, and I know that Sarah has come a very long way since then. She's pretty much on the ball, as far as D/P goes, except when she constantly-changes-her-Ash voice (ugh, why does she keep doing that!?). BUT, those Battle Fronteir episodes (in my opinion) were Sarah's worst performances. Why? Because of the emotion! If you looked at how Sarah handled each of her lines, the delivery and the execution...it was all wrong! By the way, with "Battling The Enemy Within", I'm referring to the ending scene when Ash was thanking his friends for saving him. As for the other episodes, Ash was greatly lacking in emotion. He was completely-out-of-character in what he said in "Duels of the Jungle", and as far as "Cutting The Ties That Bind" goes, ugh....Sarah's version of emotion was so awful, I cried during that episode. It was heartbreaking for me to sit through that episode, and know that Veronica would've done so much better with bringing Ash's feelings to life.

As far as D/P goes, no, I haven't seen Sarah have a performance that was quite THAT bad, or anything that reminded me of how she was back in Battle Frontier (at least not yet anyway).

However, I was greatly disappointed in the scene from one of the tag battle episodes, where Ash was telling Chimchar he could join his team (before Team Rocket tried to steal it). I felt that Ash really did not have enough emotion in that scene, and that Veronica would've handled Ash's emotions a lot better overall.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 29th February 2008, 8:22 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 8:09 am

Sorry Rachel, but to me Sarah has a long while to go before she sounds anything like Veronica. I'm not saying I don't respect the fact that you prefer Sarah, but I myself think Sarah needs to improve greatly before she even gets close to Veronica in Season 1.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 8:59 am

Actually, it's not that Rachel prefers Sarah over Veronica. I don't think that's the case at all, because Rachel has always loved Veronica's Ash voice....

Anyway, it appears as though she likes both VAs. It is possible for people to like both, afterall. But even so, I think a part of Rachel still greatly admires Veronica and loves all of her work on the show, so she probably does prefer Veronica over Sarah. I could be wrong though (and Rachel will correct me, if I'm wrong).

Trainer Rachel wrote:

One more thing I wanted to add is that Lisa, along with all of us really, need to start trying to look for the POSITIVE aspects that the new cast brings to their characters (which is what I'm doing for Sonic in Brawl). It does no good at all sitting around cringing and thinking, "Oh, Veronica woulda done this" or "He woulda done better" blah blah blah. No, that doesn't mean you have to like every line they say, but just look for the positives when you can. For the moment, we are stuck with these VAs. Who knows, the old ones maybe will come back sometime.

But for now, you have two options:

1) Dwell in the past like you have been for the past two years, never enjoying the new dub or
2) Make the most out of it and appreciate what you can, and actually enjoy Pokemon. And of course you can continue to fight to get the original VAs back.
Yeah, that is EXACTLY what I've been trying to do - look at the postive aspects of the new VAs voicing their characters.

Also, when I'm watching Pokemon, I don't normally think of Sarah's voice acting or let it bother me, I try to watch the show like I would with the 4Kids dub. I mean, to myself, I might think "Wow, Veronica would've done a much better job there!" at a few of the lines. But that's pretty much it. I don't constantly dwell on Sarah's Ash voice throughout episodes, because I have other things to think about like what's happening in the episode and of course the music.

Anyway, comparing Sarah's Ash voice and her acting to Veronica, that's what my video tapes are for - because I record all the episodes so I can rewind certain scenes later and then make a good voice "comparison" for Ash. XD

And by the way, the only new voices I have problems with are Ash's voice and Meowth's voice. Thankfully, Brock, Jessie, and James don't bother me now, seeing as how they are very close to their original voices (in my opinion).

Of course, even though I dislike Meowth's new voice, sometimes Jimmy Zoppi is capable of making him sound similar to Maddie's Meowth. And Zoppi's Meowth does still manage to make me laugh. So that's some progress, at least! ^^

As far as positives for Sarah go, well, I can only think of a few right now. First of all, she did great in The Rise of Darkrai, and she has also managed to improve her emotion (her voice acting in this movie was MUCH better, than it was in the Manaphy movie). Also, she was able to perform a few lines that sounded very close to Veronica's Ash. And that is always AWESOME! ^_^

However, with season 11 of D/P (and I have no idea when that will start airing), I really hope that Sarah will fix her inconsistency problem. If she does fix it, then that'll get rid of half my worries, concerning her Ash voice. And of course, the other half of my worries lies with how Sarah pronounces "Pikachu". If somehow, through some miracle she is able to fix both those problems, then I'd REALLY be happy!! Very Happy

So there ya go, Rachel! That's me looking on the bright side! LOL. XD
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 1:39 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

Of course, even though I dislike Meowth's new voice, sometimes Jimmy Zoppi is capable of making him sound similar to Maddie's Meowth. And Zoppi's Meowth does still manage to make me laugh. So that's some progress, at least! ^^

Being honest... When he DOES sound a bit like her, I laugh, too...

But then, I don't watch it much, really..... scratch
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 5:04 pm

Zoppi's Meowth is sickening. I really mean it. At this moment, he's worse than Sarah.

And remember what usually happens. Sarah is good in one episode (including movies) and then returns to normal in the next one. That's one reason why I don't like her much.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 5:25 pm

Yes, that's the inconsistency issue I was talking about, Lapras.

How Sarah can be great in one episode, then be worse in the next. It's because she constantly changes her Ash voice. I have no idea why she does this, but I really wish she would stop. ^^;

But anyway, I'm trying to stay optimistic, like Trainer Rachel said. That way, it'll be easier for me to enjoy watching Pokemon when season 11 starts airing.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime29th February 2008, 5:30 pm

We shouldn't just sit around. We should focus on our main goal, getting the old VAs back, rather than sitting here. All right, I understand how 99.9% of people here have grown very fond of Sarah, but SOVA is all about getting the old VAs back.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 12:54 am

LOL.

No way, I'm not fond of Sarah.

I mean, I agree with Rachel to an extent, where I realize that I can be too hard on Sarah sometimes, when I'm doing episode reviews. And of course, I have nothing against the VA herself. I'm sure she's very nice. But really, I'm not a fan of Sarah's voice acting. Most of the time, I hate her Ash voice, her acting, and her portrayal of Ash. Also, you would never find me posting on Sarah's Myspace page, that's for sure.

As for getting back on track and working on SOVA projects again, I'm all for it.

Noodle Project, guys! You need to buy lots and lots of noodles! Come on people, move it! We better hurry, cause we need to get these noodles sent in before Pokemon USA starts dubbing season 11!!

It's like the Hypnotoad in the trailer for Bender's Big Score, "Buy it! Buy it! Buy it!". (Futurama reference, click here if you don't get the joke https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEiJ3QA4kKs)

Now, if only we had the Hypnotoad, then we could use it to convince hundreds of people to join SOVA!! Haha. XD

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 1st March 2008, 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 9:37 am

Yeah, we need our own hypnotoad!

Yes. It is time for us to get back to work on out project. I hope they have not started dubbing season 11 yet.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 11:36 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Actually, it's not that Rachel prefers Sarah over Veronica. I don't think that's the case at all, because Rachel has always loved Veronica's Ash voice....

Anyway, it appears as though she likes both VAs. It is possible for people to like both, afterall. But even so, I think a part of Rachel still greatly admires Veronica and loves all of her work on the show, so she probably does prefer Veronica over Sarah. I could be wrong though (and Rachel will correct me, if I'm wrong).

Exactly. Where the HECK did I say I prefered Sarah? Liking a voice when it's good /=/ preferring it.

Anyways Lisa, glad you see what I mean. That's good, and I understand how you feel. We just have to hope that this new voice director will keep Sarah with one voice.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 11:48 am

Lucky me I'm going to New York today. But my grandma said she won't have enough money for noodles. I'm going to Nintendo World, though. But my parents are coming so no passing out flyers, nor can I do any SOVA operations Sad.

So I can't really do anything for SOVA in New York today. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 12:03 pm

Um, Lapras...
https://www.youtube.com/user/djpaul187

Yeah, I know that's you. And I know you've been a jerk on YouTube. And I know you were a fan of Jason, yet here you *claimed* to hate him.

So what gives, huh?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 12:19 pm

If you read the comments on my channel, I quit Rouge's lame fangroup. Ask her yourself. But no one believes that I actually like Ryan now. And, while I had that brief period of liking Griffith, I said that I preferred Jason on one of the threads here.

What I really don't like is that no one believes I prefer Ryan now. And the fact that Rouge is telling all the Ryan fans not to believe me, just because I quit Help 4Krap and Sonic.

EDIT:

Lapras87 wrote:
I changed my views on Jason Griffith. As long as Amy Palant (that is, if Tails becomes a character) and/or Sarah are not in the game, I won't need a FreeLoader. I'm probably going to wait for March 9th.

Does this work for you? I did say I liked Griffith here.

And remember that I don't like Griffith anymore.

If that doesn't work, then look at the 2nd post down on this thread:

https://sova.forumotion.com/news-and-announcements-f1/pokemon-trainer-s-japanese-voice-t26-60.htm
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 12:28 pm

But Ive seen you on Youtube. You were praising Jason the same time you dissed him here.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 12:32 pm

The last time I posted about Jason before now was that post that clearly stated that I hate Ryan.

Anyway, I don't like Jason anymore.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 4:37 pm

Heh, when it comes to voice acting in games, I have never had any problems with it.

I basically like all the voices in games that I've played. I guess voice acting in games doesn't bother me very much, because it's not as noticable to me, as voice acting in an anime would be.

I like both Sonic VAs equally. So as far as that VA switch goes, I'm neutral. ^^

In fact, in the Sonic games and any other games, I actually pay much more attention to the music than I do with the voices. I love video game music! I even go to certain levels, just to hear the song that is played! And I sometimes get game songs stuck in my head!! XD

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Anyways Lisa, glad you see what I mean. That's good, and I understand how you feel. We just have to hope that this new voice director will keep Sarah with one voice.
That's great to hear, Rachel!

And I'm glad that you understood what I was saying. Now you know how I feel about Sarah. ^_^

Oh, and yes! I agree! I really hope that voice director tells Sarah to stick with one voice. I just can't believe Sarah hasn't noticed the inconsistency in her Ash voice yet. I find that weird.

Do you think Sarah watches Pokemon D/P when it's on TV? Just to see how well she did?

I don't think Veronica ever got to see the episodes when they aired on TV (well, at least, she didn't get to see a majority of them). That's the impression I got from the audio commentary on Pokemon 4Ever, anyway.

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 1st March 2008, 5:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 4:43 pm

So true about music, Lisa! I absolutely LOVE Sonic music, especially Sonic Adventure music. I used to hook my karaoke machine up to my Dreamcast and make tapes of it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 4:51 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Zoppi's Meowth is sickening. I really mean it. At this moment, he's worse than Sarah.

*LOL*

Aw... The poor guy... I mean... It's true, but I would still like him to be some Pokemon character...

And I'm making another Clip...

It's not REALLY SOVA related, but it's Maddie singing. Smile (She sang for me, so I could make an animation for it.)
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 6:25 pm

Be sure to post it here!
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 9:37 pm

MimiMeowth wrote:
Lapras87 wrote:

*LOL*

Aw... The poor guy... I mean... It's true, but I would still like him to be some Pokemon character...

It's not REALLY SOVA related, but it's Maddie singing. Smile (She sang for me, so I could make an animation for it.)
Well, he is the original and current voice of Gary!

I can't wait to see the video! Is she going to be singing as Meowth or herself?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime2nd March 2008, 2:50 am

Pokeyug wrote:
MimiMeowth wrote:
Lapras87 wrote:

*LOL*

Well, he is the original and current voice of Gary!

I can't wait to see the video! Is she going to be singing as Meowth or herself?

OH!

Well, I see... *LOL* He's still Gary, huh? Well, he can stay Gary, because he's good sounding as him...

HRM....

Well...

She's singing as Meowth and you can listen to it here: http://www.singsnap.com/snap/watchAndListen/play/b09db54f

And if you wanna take a peek at this bit of my Animation: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/CandyRobot1/Meowthmoviepart5.gif

cheers
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime2nd March 2008, 11:43 am

Lol...

MimiMeowth, that is so funny and cool. Hopefully Pokemon USA will see this and along with the Noodle Project, we'll have some luck.

- Derek

PS. Rachel, that guy on Sarah's MySpace keeps yelling at me by telling her that I'm mean for giving constructive criticism. Am I not aloud free speech? I was being nice, and I said it in my kindest words... why are people on there so rude?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Director for season 11!
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next