Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Voice Director for season 11!

Go down 
+14
animeforever
MimiMeowth
offkilter06
Hidden Mew
Pokeyug
Aipom Fan
PokemonTrainerLisa
impactkhtennis_thewind
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Trainer Rachel
Lapras87
Nekusagi
ker-plop
Rocket Grunt
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 12:51 am

PUSA has no legal standing to do anything to the VAs if they made an add for us.
Maybe "them" means 4kids? They could fire her if they get mad.

Oh well. Back to projects for us then. PUSA has the clock running, and season 11 could begin as soon as April 12th
Back to top Go down
animeforever
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
animeforever

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 2:05 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:

Oh well. Back to projects for us then. PUSA has the clock running, and season 11 could begin as soon as April 12th

I agree 100%! We say that we're going to "get our old voice actors back" but then no one does anything towards our projects. This was the whole reason I joined SOVA with hope but now I'm starting to worry Sad

I mean, I created a thread with what I thought to be a great idea but I need help to improve on it and so far, hardly anyone has posted in it and I don't know why!

https://sova.forumotion.com/ideas-and-operations-f3/my-ideas-for-a-new-approach-please-reply-t58.htm
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 9:07 am

I could be wrong, but maybe the reason people aren't replying in your thread could be because of their "outside lives".

And by that, I mean things like school, work, and stuff. Afterall, these things do have a way of preventing people from working on SOVA projects.

But guys, keep this in mind. Anytime you have some free time, you should be spending that time on a SOVA project. Whether it's writing letters, or going to the grocery to buy many boxes of noodles. If you've got time to do something for SOVA, by all means, do it! You don't have to wait around for orders from myself (or Neku), just do whatever you have planned! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 9:51 am

True true, Lisa!

I wrote a few different letters yesterday and encouraged people I know to send them (and really I just made it to where they had to sign it an drop it in the mail!) That way, PUSA doesn't just see the same names over and over again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 5:05 pm

If my mom weren't taking me to get my copy of Brawl, I would have a lot of flyers passed out for Brawl's release. I wish my cousin could take me, since he wouldn't mind the flyers.

Anyone doing anything SOVA-related for Brawl's release?
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime6th March 2008, 10:13 pm

Lapras87 wrote:

No, but this would've been a perfect opportunity since many think Pokemon Trainer's voice is utter crap (and yes, it is Sarah).
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 1:35 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Lapras87 wrote:

No, but this would've been a perfect opportunity since many think Pokemon Trainer's voice is utter crap (and yes, it is Sarah).

*hums a sad melody*

.... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 3:10 am

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Lapras87 wrote:

How do you know that it's Sarah?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 8:29 am

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!! This can't be.

And where did you happen to get this info, Rachel?
Back to top Go down
Evee

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 1:12 pm

Omg, this is news to me too! So it is Sarah, then? Oh my. Sad

Unless you're just guessing, since you know the voice inside and out, Rachel? Heh, if that's case, I trust your judgement.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 5:08 pm

Um... because ANYONE can see a trailer and recognize that as Sarah's voice?

MimiMeowth wrote:
Nekusagi wrote:
Lawyers are slippery evil things.
Like Croagunk.

So is your avi...but that's off topic. XD

Persian is a slippery evil thing? I always thought he was a furry evil thing. Like all cats. Unless you mean Giovanni, and hey, let's not compare him to PUSA lawyers. He has standards, after all. (/shot again)

Last edited by Nekusagi on 7th March 2008, 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 5:10 pm

To me, that was not Sarah.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:46 pm

offkilter06 wrote:
True true, Lisa!

I wrote a few different letters yesterday and encouraged people I know to send them (and really I just made it to where they had to sign it an drop it in the mail!) That way, PUSA doesn't just see the same names over and over again.

yea what you're doing is a great idea.....in fact thats what ive been talking about in the first place....to prevent any more harassment issues.

but yea, i hope pokemon trainer's voice isnt sarah.....that would suck so much esp cuz i plan on buying it later. although im not really interested in pokemontrainer the character.....but i love pokeballs.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 10:00 pm

I already have a pre-order in South Jersey at the Freehold Mall. I hope I don't waste an hour ride and $50 on total crap.

Nah, it'll be awesome (except for the fact we have both Jason Griffith and Sarah in one game).
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 10:47 pm

lol
i hope i have time to play it after tennis practices though
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 11:00 pm

Jason Griffith and Sarah in one game is bad. I hope they have a Japanese mode like they did in Melee. I would turn it on in a jiffy. Other than that, Brawl will be awesome.
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 12:38 am

Nekusagi wrote:

MimiMeowth wrote:
Nekusagi wrote:
Lawyers are slippery evil things.
Like Croagunk.

So is your avi...but that's off topic. XD

Persian is a slippery evil thing? I always thought he was a furry evil thing. Like all cats. Unless you mean Giovanni, and hey, let's not compare him to PUSA lawyers. He has standards, after all. (/shot again)

Well, I dunno... I think it's slimey because of all the attention it gets...

Well, I mean...eh... I dunno if you use it like that in America, but in Germany we do...^^;
Back to top Go down
Evee

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 1:45 am

Nekusagi wrote:

^^;; You see, my speakers don't really work, so when I watch those trailers I can barely hear pokemon trainer's voice, so that's why I asked. =/

If everyone hear says it's Sarah, then yeah, it's gotta be her. I know her voice well too, but like I said....

Y'know, I wonder if there's going to be backlash because of this decision. If regular people don't watch the anime, but love the games and play as PT and they don't like the voice, maybe a lot of people will complain and it will help us out? Ie, PUSA finally gets it through there heads "maybe Sarah isn't right for the role" oh well, one can always dream. Wink
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 6:40 am

Jason Griffith voicing Sonic won't bother me one bit in Brawl. In fact, I've seen most episodes of Sonic X, so I'm quite fond of his Sonic voice. But no, I don't like him better than Ryan (I like them both equally). Both Sonic voices are great, in my opinion. I have no problems with either one.

As for Pokemon Trainer's voice, there's no way that could be Sarah! I refuse to believe that, unless someone can give me conclusive evidence (basically, either a screenshot of her name in the credits, or Sarah mentioning this on her My Space)!

Like Rachel, I also know Sarah's Ash voice inside and out (though, Rachel may be more of an expert on voice acting, than I am).

And believe me, Pokemon Trainer's voice is WAY too deep! Sarah has never came up with anything that deep, when it comes to doing Ash's voice. And this leads me to believe that Sarah isn't voicing PT. I just don't see how it could be possible (especially since Nintendo/Pokemon USA used Rachael Lillis' Jigglypuff voice). Also, I can't see them using one member of the original cast AND a member of the new cast for Brawl. If that were the case, then why would they wanna contradict themselves? That makes no sense whatsoever....

I mean, I was planning on using Pokemon Trainer as a secondary character. But, if I find out that Sarah Natochenny DOES perform his voice - hell no. I would never play as this character (unless it's required for unlocking other characters - like in SSBM, you had to beat Adventure mode with all characters to unlock Mr. Game and Watch).

Anyway, I agree Evee! I hope there will be a backlash and many people will complain about this (if it's really true that Sarah's voicing Pokemon Trainer). That would be so awesome, if there were a backlash!! Very Happy

We could add a special forum to our SOVA forums - a place which focuses completely on getting Veronica back (because if there is gonna be MANY fans who are upset about this and people complaining about Sarah voicing PT in Brawl, then they would wanna join, but not necessarily for SOVA).
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
maddiejoan

maddiejoan

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 9:19 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
PUSA has no legal standing to do anything to the VAs if they made an add for us.
Maybe "them" means 4kids? They could fire her if they get mad.

Hey there Smile

Just to clarify. 4Kids has zero problems with me doing any voices I wish. Including Meowth.

The people I don't wish to piss off at me at this point would be PUSA.

It's not a matter of legal issues --it's a matter of me wishing to be able to work with them if I can.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 9:49 am

Good thinking Maddie! We'll all hoping you and the rest of the cast will be givin' the oppurtunity to continue working on Pokemon (I know I am!) I seriously thought you were the best Meowth Pokemon ever had.
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 2:44 pm

That's good to hear.
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 3:25 pm

Here's hoping you guys can convince them of your value.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 4:15 pm

Quote :
I mean, I was planning on using Pokemon Trainer as a secondary character. But, if I find out that Sarah Natochenny DOES perform his voice - hell no.
Honestly, if you're choosing not to play as him SIMPLY because it's Sarah's voice, then I really don't know what to say, except that (no offence) I really think that would be foolish.

If you simply don't like the voice and that causes you to not want to play as him, fine. But if you would play as him with the same voice as long as he had a different actress, but then NOT play simply because's it's Sarah, that would make no sense at all.

I'm playing with Sonic cause Jason actually sounds good for the most part. Some people refuse to play as him because of Jason. I think these people are stubborn and they anger the crap out of me. If I can play as Sonic with Jason's voice, then anyone else can. As much as I wish Ryan was in there, he's not and everyone needs to accept that and make the most of it.

Same with Pokemon Trainer. I really don't see much of a problem with the voice to be honest. I mean, it's not like it's great, but it doesn't kill me like some people. I just saw an english vid of PT in game and the voice sounds better when with the music.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 4:28 pm

With Jason and Sarah in one game, I have no choice but to play as Pikachu.

The voice does matter to me. I will not play as PT or Sonic unless you need to so you can unlock a character.

Anyway, most GameStops will be opening at midnight. Is anyone passing out flyers for SOVA?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Director for season 11!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next