Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!

Go down 
+25
The_Chosen_One
Hidden Mew
alice
Nekusagi
impactkhtennis_thewind
Snorlax
Mitch
Abandon_Silence
Macphist0
metfan5695
aaron122894
Ben_darkpikachu02
ker-plop
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
Gligar13
Pokeyug
offkilter06
Aipom Fan
Rocket Grunt
szlemm
Geoffrey
Trainer Rachel
Tommy
PokemonTrainerLisa
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th July 2008, 2:51 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
ker-plop wrote:
Err... No offense, but we've got a better chance of SOVA working than a "bring back Misty" campaign... but if there's a petition somewhere, I'll sign it.

That's the same kinda thing the naysayers say about SOVA, and look at how wrong they are.

Oh, yes. Let's all start a "Save Our Misty Branch" so Kuroshi (or whoever our spy is) has ONE MORE THING to use against us and prove how "delusional" we are. Unfortunately, RG, there's one big problem with the naysayers, and that is that they are assholes who get their kicks tearing down other people. The last thing we want to do is provide them more amusement.

Really, now. The chances of getting Misty back on the show are slim. The guy even said in the WPM interview that to the Pokemon writers, female sidekick characters are more or less fanservice because you can dress them up and that's why they change them every region. Misty was a great character (well, up to Master Quest, IMO- she got a bit Mary Sue-ish that season for my tastes), but she's gone and well, there's not much we can do there. It's best if we just stay focused on the VAs and forget about trying to get back past characters. I mean, I love Professor Sebastian to death and there's probably lots of people who want HIM back, but that's in the hands of the writers, so I'm not going to go starting a petition for him.

(gets off soapbox)

You're right.

I still don't see how wanting Misty back is any more delusional then wanting the VAs back... actually it's asking for the same thing basically. The company made a choice to get rid of Misty just like the choice they made to get rid of the voice actors. PUSA has a mindset that the voices are not a big deal, and PJP has a mindset that female characters are not a big deal, both of them seem pretty set in their ways, but nothing is 100% written in stone on either topic.

But, you are 100% right. SOVA is not the place for this. We don't need to make our job any harder than it is already.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th July 2008, 3:18 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
You're right.

I still don't see how wanting Misty back is any more delusional then wanting the VAs back... actually it's asking for the same thing basically. The company made a choice to get rid of Misty just like the choice they made to get rid of the voice actors. PUSA has a mindset that the voices are not a big deal, and PJP has a mindset that female characters are not a big deal, both of them seem pretty set in their ways, but nothing is 100% written in stone on either topic.

But, you are 100% right. SOVA is not the place for this. We don't need to make our job any harder than it is already.

The main difference between wanting the original cast back and wanting a character like Misty back on the show is that the voice actors is decided by the dubbing studio and company that owns Pokemon, ie PUSA, while bringing a character back is a decision for the writers. I'm pretty sure that convincing a company to bring back the original voice actors would be easier than trying to make writers all the way in Japan to bring back Misty, a character who hasn't been a main character for over five years. From what I read from the interview, female characters do have some importance, in terms of promoting the new games, but they are changed once they reach a new game region. The changing female characters make sense in order to make further tie-ins with the games, which is what Pokemon has been all about since day one.

Besides that, Misty wasn't even that great of a character. Yeah, she was more interesting in Kanto and the Orange Island, but somewhere around Johto Journies or Johto League Champions, she became pretty boring. It didn't help that she rarely battled, had few decent Pokemon on her team and rarely did anything with Togepi other than hold it in her arms all of the time. Even in her Kanto and Orange Island days, she didn't really do that much in comparison to May or even Dawn. After five years, it is still weird to me that people want her back when we've known for years that she would never be a main traveling character again. I'm sure that she will appear again, as most of the former important main characters do, but only for a couple of episodes.
Back to top Go down
The_Chosen_One
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
The_Chosen_One

Male Number of posts : 41
D/P Friend Code : 2836 0127 2966
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 8:00 am

MISTY WAS THE BEST AND ALWAYS WILL BE!!!!!!!!! She DEFINATELY is a better character than dawn and is along the same lines as May in regards to character development. also most of the older fan love her for nostalgias sake as well as the fact that misty was simply a loveable character for most ppl. She was always able to provide the fans with something to laugh about whether it be her making fun of ash or pulling brock by his ear away from nurse joy or officer jenny
MISTY ALL THE WAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 9:12 am

Anyways, as we may be coming close to a war here, we mine as well stop while we're ahead.

If I may say, I believe Misty was a great Pokemon character as she did bring joy and excitement as well comedy to our lives, but let's also keep in mind she has yet to make another appearance since Pokemon Advanced Challenged. We can always hope for her return, but we will never know until that day comes. Also, her Japanese voice actress did infact state she would one day make an appearance, so maybe she will return sometime in the Diamond and Pearl saga. Now, if she was talking of that Misty Lure, than I would be kinda' sad that that would be her appearance.

And Hidden Mew is correct, the ones who dub the anime; i.e Pokemon USA will decide who will voice Misty if she is to return, and has nothing to do with the fact as if she will even return. That is truley based on the Japanese Writing Staff.

But anyways, back on track... Have we heard any word from her in a while? Maybe MistressPuff knows of something?

- Aipom Fan

Last edited by Aipom Fan on 7th July 2008, 9:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and Grammer errors)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 10:07 am

Quote :
yet to make another appearance since Pokemon Advanced Challenged.
Advanced Battle, you mean.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th July 2008, 10:47 am

Oops! Haha...yeah. I totally forgot that she appeared right before Ash left with Brock, May and Max to the Battle Frontier arena. I was only thinking about her main focus in Advanced Challenged where she met the Togepi Princess and her Togepi evolved and stayed behind to protect the rest of them.

But, still no word from Rachael Lillis?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th July 2008, 11:27 am

alright i think there's enough about Misty on here now....i guess it was partly my fault for starting this debate on Misty....

anyways, we need to continue working to get the VA's back if not this season, then next season.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

Male Number of posts : 365
User Title : 暁 ミッチ ザ 物堅い
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 8:51 pm

We get to hear her voice next Saturday on Pokemon again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://raybound.com
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:22 pm

It's next weeks episode? Awesome, I'll be sure to tune in.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:33 pm

I'll get my DVD Recorder ready Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:47 pm

I can't wait!!! One more week...
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 10:00 pm

Good. I will tape it.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 7:42 am

Neutral It feels like this week is taking forever, despite that is has only been two days. Neutral I really want to see that episode!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 8:07 am

Yeah. I hope this week moves along fast, so we can see Rachael.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 8:07 pm

I bet she'll be credited as Rachael Lillis!! Very Happy

There's no way Rachael would use a pseudonym. LOL. XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 8:19 pm

She better be credited as Rachael Lillis, one of the only episodes of DP I'm going to record. I'll post it when I'm done recording it.

Rachael please no pseudonym
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 8:33 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!! :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I'm so stoked for the Maylene saga now! :]
Back to top Go down
meowthmaster
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
meowthmaster

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime15th July 2008, 11:39 pm

That's weird, my friend says Rachel Lillis has HIV and isn't capable of doing any more voice acting from now on scratch Well, this just proves that's not true (I don't know about the HIV part though).
Anyway, I gotta say I'm excited because that's getting the VA closer to their original characters, but it still doesn't satisfy me much (well, it shouldn't completely satisfy anyone here) because I don't watch any of the new shows (I will at some point), and it just doesn't relax me that it's not Misty or Jessie or any others she's played. Of course I don't really need to say that, I'm guessing everyone feels that way, but still...

Well, the bright side of this is bigger(maybe?) than the dark side, so I should stay chirpy ^^. And maybe, just maybe, the reactions of this will make "them" think about putting her, maybe even the rest of the cast, back were they belong. But I know better than to get my hopes up too high like that.
And I might try to pull myself together and catch that episode just to hear her voice again. And at least it's a some what big character.
Back to top Go down
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 2:30 am

People spread some pretty weird rumors.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
xdeadpan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
xdeadpan

Female Number of posts : 3
User Title : Lord Pedo von Bianca
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 3:15 am

meowthmaster wrote:
That's weird, my friend says Rachel Lillis has HIV and isn't capable of doing any more voice acting from now on scratch Well, this just proves that's not true (I don't know about the HIV part though).

What a load of bull. Like, wtf, even, that's ridiculous. Even if she was HIV positive, that wouldn't prevent her from voice acting, I mean, Jesus. I don't understand wtf is up with all these HIV rumors lately. First Ashley Tisdale a few weeks ago, and now this? People can be absolutely retarded. Ugh.

Now, back on topic. I love Rachael dearly and always will, but despite my adoration for her voice and her as a person, I can't get myself to watch the upcoming episodes, and so, I won't force myself. I am happy for Rachael's role, but unless she's voicing Jessie again, I won't be watching. Heck, I will continue to not watching PERIOD unless the original VAs return to their original roles.
Back to top Go down
http://www.broken-body.net
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 8:48 am

o.O People are weird.

I hope she blows this performance out of the water. I can't watch due to prior obligations, but I am counting on someone to put it on Youtube!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 9:00 am

I'll be uploading it Sarah!
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 9:21 am

Yeah i know her performance will blow the others out of the water and all fans will be shown that we shud never settle for less. I cant wait to hear it
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 10:04 am

even if i can see it, i will tape it so i can take a photo of the credits.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th July 2008, 10:26 am

darkblade09 wrote:
I'll be uploading it Sarah!

AWESOME! I will be camping, so I'll be looking for it when I get back! *excited*
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!   Good news regarding Rachael Lillis!  Please read! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news regarding Rachael Lillis! Please read!
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next