Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

Go down 
+16
Aipom Fan
Starla
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
Rocket Grunt
Tommy
ker-plop
Trainer Rachel
Hidden Mew
Lapras87
Dr. Peppa
maddiejoan
Pokeyug
Pokémon Trainer Shane
PokemonTrainerLisa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 10:09 am

You know what I find weird? How Eric even knew the new studio was DuArt? It's a little weird, since he no longer is on Pokemon. He could've met Jimmy Zoppi at 4Kids (Jimmy was in the credits of Dinosaur King, therefore he was NOT fired) and learned from him. I can't think of anything else.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 5:34 pm

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
wow....that was the worst debate i ever read.....seriously

i have to agree with Hidden Mew....i think what she is saying is perfectly clear.....i mean seriously, even i couldnt have made myself more clear than that.

but anyways, having respect means to maintain your morals and most of all, integrity when listening to others. If we dont show respect, then i agree that it makes SOVA look bad.

and the part about supporting SONVA, and not supporting SOVA is totally random....it makes no sense from what Hidden Mew said, and i dont see how its possible to derive such a conclusion from what Hidden Mew said....hence the worst debate

I have to agree with Mew though on the part about Bulbagarden and Barb......although i could be filled in on that a little more

but anyways.....i hope this thing is cleared up and everyones good and cool with each other.....remember we have to work as a team. but teamwork is not just intermembers its also intramembers. So apart from recruiting nonmembers, we also respect them, even opposers.

Honestly i think that by showing our respect for rivaling fanbases, it would actually make us look better and more diplomatic. Hopefully, and this goes along with the whole boycotting thing, if we make ourselves appear professional and most of all, peaceful, then we should succeed gloriously. Lets try to be like MLK, and Ghandi. Im sure, if we were the most professional group in the country, no one would dare sue us, destroy our forums, or downgrade us.

Thank you so much. I feel the same way about this debate. I've been saying the same thing again and again for days, spelling it out and even putting my points in bold and I still felt so completely ignored. No offense to you, Lapras87, but I felt the same about how on earth you could get to the conclusion that I support SONVA and not SOVA. Especially after I made such a huge post explaining everything as what I thought to be as clear as day.

As for the part with Barb, Lisa did promise that these phone calls would stop and I believe that we should honor that promise. Others don't feel the same and that's okay. I'm just not going to make any calls. After all of the stress that was cased by them and the lack of positive replies from said calls, I think that it's better to go with something else, like emails and/or letters.

You made an excellent point about respecting other fanbases. That's exactly one reason why I thought respect others who have different opinions would be a good thing to do, aside from the obvious of respecting human dignity and all that I've said for the billionth time. If we shut out everyone who doesn't agree with us, which some members have unfortunately done in the past, then all we're going to look like is immature fans who are so stuck up that they can't handle any kind of diverse thinking among them. I completely agree that we should go into the situation with a peaceful and respective attitude.

Lapras87 wrote:
You know what I find weird? How Eric even knew the new studio was DuArt? It's a little weird, since he no longer is on Pokemon. He could've met Jimmy Zoppi at 4Kids (Jimmy was in the credits of Dinosaur King, therefore he was NOT fired) and learned from him. I can't think of anything else.

While I have great admiration and respect for Eric Stuart, he is one of my favorite voice actors after all, I'm not so sure if the new studio is DuArt. I read the press release for the new voice director that PUSA hired and it did mention that they have made no announcement concerning where the new studio will be. I also don't know where you got the idea that he could have learned it from Jimmy Zoppi at 4Kids. I believe that Maddie, at one point or another, mentioned that he and the other voice actor whose name escapes me at the moment, were not hired to work on 4Kids anymore. I've looked online and I can't find anything on Jimmy Zoppi being credited in Dinosaur King. Besides that, the credits during the episodes are made so small that it's hard to even read the credits. I'll look more a bit later, but I seriously doubt that Jimmy Zoppi is in Dinosaur King.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 9:46 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
Pokeyug wrote:
I just emailed Eric Stuart and will hopefully be getting a response soon.

Get any response yet?
Not yet, but I'm hoping to get one soon. Maybe we should also try contacting Maddie about this?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:53 am

Sounds like a good idea. Who here can contact her?
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 1:04 pm

Lisa, I think.

But they're really not all that helpful. Not to mention, anything coming from Eric, unless directly from his AOL account, turns out to be a fake. Hasn't "Eric Stuart" told us to give up several times already? (And no, I have no clue why people find impersonating a voice actor so thrilling).

Quite honestly, most of the VAs have NO CLUE what's going on. It's going to be up to us to do the necessary detective work (puts on plaid hat).
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 1:21 pm

Eric Stuart is the one that told us that DuArt was the studio for season 11. Aipom Fan emailed him directly and got a response.
And since they did work with this new director, they can tell us what PUSA hiring him means.

Yeah, there was never any proof on that Eric telling us to give up thing.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:07 pm

We'll find out the truth one week from now, during the Rise of Darkrai premiere. I'll videotape the credits.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:28 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:

Yeah, there was never any proof on that Eric telling us to give up thing.
"Veronica Taylor" also told us to throw in the towel once.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:32 pm

But once again, that wasn't really her. XD

Because the REAL Veronica would never, ever tell us to give up.

Lapras87 wrote:
We'll find out the truth one week from now, during the Rise of Darkrai premiere. I'll videotape the credits.
You mean in 5 days.

The Rise of Darkrai airs on Feb. 23rd (or was it the 24th?).

Either way, that's still this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:44 pm

24. At least it better be. I switched my work schedule around!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:46 pm

Yeah, it's on the 24th.

I just got mixed up (cause my dad's birthday is on the 23rd). XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:50 pm

Haha! You shouldn't go scaring people like that!
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:51 pm

Yes, the 24th at 7 PM.

Hey, my birthday is the 22nd!
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:53 pm

What time zone?

You can't be so vague. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 3:42 pm

Eastern time.

If you have Dish Network or DirecTV, you'll be able to watch it in Eastern time, even if you live as far away as California.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 3:44 pm

Central here. *sigh*. And basic cable (which is better than home, where we have an antenna on the roof!)
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 4:31 pm

I got IO Digital Cable from Optimum Cablevision.

Anyway, did anyone start emailing DuArt yet?
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 4:40 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
But once again, that wasn't really her. XD

Because the REAL Veronica would never, ever tell us to give up.

Hence the parentheses.

"Veronica Taylor" is not the same as Veronica Taylor.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 8:53 pm

Look what I just got from "Veronica Taylor" (I knew it was fake because it came from an address on "patmedia.net"):

Veronica Taylor (fake) wrote:
Can you tell your friends at S.O.V.A. that I myself disapprove of your organization? You guys are overreacting to a dumbass VA change. I myself have grown fond of Sarah. You people need to quit it now before PUSA makes you quit. PUSA has a right to shut you down, and at the risk of getting sued, don't continuw in. It's a freaking VA change, and you guys WILL eventually grow fond of Sarah as I did. Some things in life are not changeable, and you need to realize that. We (the old cast) are NOT willing to continue, even if we got the offer. Now, can we shut up and move on in life?

Nice try, "Veronica Taylor". And something tells me this was written by a 9-year old kid. The person who wrote this made a few typos.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 9:15 pm

That's definitely fake. since Veronica always supported our goals.

I met her in person, and she is WAY too nice to say something mean like that!

It really does look like it was written by a nine year old kid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 9:19 pm

I know she would never say anything like that. I sent an email back to the impersonator telling him/her that this was uncalled for and not nice AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 10:30 pm

Any find it a little odd that some "Veronica Taylor" would HAPPEN to randomly email Lapras, right after we talked about fake voice actors?

I'm sorry Lapras, but I've been very suspicious of you from the beginning of your SOVA membership, way back on the Bulbagarden forums, as it would seem others have too. I've received a few PMs and seen a few messages posted here that seem like things I'd like to say about you if I wasn't so...not-wanting-to-hurt-others. I'm usually a nice guy, so I've kept my mouth shut, but this is just crossing the line here.

Can you please explain how just about EVERYTHING you've said seems to have happened OH SO CONVENIENTLY?

Sorry if about half of SOVA is wrong and we've offended you, but I really want to move past any fake supporters.
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 10:40 pm

Quote :
Can you tell your friends at S.O.V.A. that I myself disapprove of your organization? You guys are overreacting to a dumbass VA change. I myself have grown fond of Sarah. You people need to quit it now before PUSA makes you quit. PUSA has a right to shut you down, and at the risk of getting sued, don't continuw in. It's a freaking VA change, and you guys WILL eventually grow fond of Sarah as I did. Some things in life are not changeable, and you need to realize that. We (the old cast) are NOT willing to continue, even if we got the offer. Now, can we shut up and move on in life?

That phony email is pathetic indeed...

One thing I've noticed Lapras, you seem to end up on the receiving end of all pranks aimed against the SOVA campaign. Yet no one else has ever claimed a similar experience as you have. I don't know, it just seems odd. You'd think if they were going to target their efforts through any particular SOVA member, it would be someone like Lisa. Not that I encourage such action against her or anyone else in SOVA. I just don't understand why all these people would be aiming at you and no one else. It's just confusing.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 10:50 pm

Let's look at Ampharos. Sure, we were all suspicious at first, but why did you want him banned so much?

I wanted to point this out earlier, but with him being here that makes it all the better.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 10:56 pm

Thank you, Shane and Ampharos. Glad I wasn't the only one having similar thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
Page 18 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next