Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

Go down 
+16
Aipom Fan
Starla
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
Rocket Grunt
Tommy
ker-plop
Trainer Rachel
Hidden Mew
Lapras87
Dr. Peppa
maddiejoan
Pokeyug
Pokémon Trainer Shane
PokemonTrainerLisa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 1:02 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
DuArt thinks they are invincible! That is why they completely ignore us and even laugh at us!
They need to learn some respect for SOVA. We need to keep up our calls to anyone that will take them! Season 11 will not start with the new VAs, and the jerks at DuArt. We have months to make sure of that.
I wouldn't let that thought put you at ease.

Remember how season 10 premiered last, what was it... March? Mmm.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 3:08 pm

I wasn't saying it to put us at ease. I was trying to say that we don't have long, but if we keep our fight level as high as it has been lately, we are bound to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:09 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Guys, let's not keep calling. Really. They all know what we think, and we ARE edging towards harrassment. Unless you plan on explaining to Mom and Dad why the nice DuArt/PUSA lawyers sent you a letter, just stop. Letters are fine, but calls are pushing it.

Oh, and postage rates are going up again. If you want to send a letter for fortyone cents, your time's running out.

You're actually taking commands from an anti-SOVA BMG mod? No offense, but that's just wrong. Think about it, the idea of PUSA and/or DuArt suing us came from SONVA. I wouldn't listen to those guys.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:14 pm

No, I'm not.

I'm just saying, what good are we doing by constantly calling them? It's only pissing them off, apparently, and pissing them off is no way to leave an impression on them. More than likely, we're coming off as a fringe group of immature kids.

If I was "taking orders" from Barb, I would have quit altogether.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:16 pm

Why don't we just call once in a while, OK? That way, everyone's happy.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:34 pm

That might be a good idea, but we should at least hold off for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:36 pm

I guess.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 8:58 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Guys, let's not keep calling. Really. They all know what we think, and we ARE edging towards harrassment. Unless you plan on explaining to Mom and Dad why the nice DuArt/PUSA lawyers sent you a letter, just stop. Letters are fine, but calls are pushing it.

Oh, and postage rates are going up again. If you want to send a letter for fortyone cents, your time's running out.

Thank you so much for saying this. I wish that I had enough energy last night to get a big post here, but I was too tired to deal with this. You are absoultely right. Phoning them like this will lead to being seriously close close to the edge of harrassment. Besides that, I really do think that these calls aren't helping us at the moment. All that it does is make the people at DuArt and PUSA more angery and they'll see us more as immature kids than an actual group of fans.

Lapras87 wrote:
You're actually taking commands from an anti-SOVA BMG mod? No offense, but that's just wrong. Think about it, the idea of PUSA and/or DuArt suing us came from SONVA. I wouldn't listen to those guys.

I just had to address this. No one said anything about taking commands from Barb. We, through Lisa really, promised that these phone calls would stop. I also agree with Nekusagi that Bulbagarden doesn't want to stop SOVA, it just doesn't want to get caught in the cross fire of what we do. After learning that PUSA did help to shut down another Pokemon site before, I can understand why the mods there would be scared. I was sad that the club was closed there, but I wasn't really mad at anyone. Anyway, I don't see why keeping a promise that said that these calls would stop is wrong. I wasn't really encouraged to phone either PUSA or DuArt after hearing about the recent phone calls and after Lisa promised Barb that she would see to it that the calls would stop, I'm not planning on phoning anyone in either of those companies anytime soon. Like some people here, I honor my word and keep my promises.

As for you SONVA comment, that's actually wrong. You yourself once said that during one of your calls to DuArt that they mentioned sueing Lisa. While being a total scare tactic to stop us from calling, it didn't come from SONVA. TAJ studios also said that they would sue SOVA if we continued to call. I also don't like your dislike of SONVA either. While the members there do prefer the new cast, that doesn't mean that they're bad people. I'm not so sure if I can honestly believe that SONVA sent letters to the mods at Bulbagarden to shut that club down. I think it was more to do with our recent phone calls that lead dangerously towards harrassement, as it does today. Besides that, I don't like the idea of anyone really hating SONVA or not listening to the people there. That's the same closede-mind attitude that has lead us to be seen as immature and opinionated fans in the fan base. We need to be more open minded, especially considering others opinions. Just because they have a different point of view doesn't mean that they should be ignored. We should listen to them.

I also want to briefly mention that whole "spy" thing. That's just pathetic. And what I mean by that is that people instantly thinking that there's a spy among us just because of some usernames that they haven't seen before. Gulity until proven innocent should not be something that is practiced here, or anywhere else really. There have been no evidence for a spy here in the first place. That just makes me sick. I'm sorry if that sounded harsh, but I felt that it needed to me said.

I second Nekusagi's urge to stop the phone calls. Nothing good is happening from that at all and if we continue, we're just going to make things harder. At the very least, we should stop all phone calls for awhile. And I mean a long while.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 9:38 pm

Read the Serebii SONVA club. It WAS SONVA who did it. You probably didn't check up on them in awhile. It was one of their nicer members mogoldmember, actually. That surprises me.

EDIT: Listening to SONVA? If we all agree with that, I will get out of here and join SONVA. I would not do that, considering the fact that they want to shut us down completely.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 11:35 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Read the Serebii SONVA club. It WAS SONVA who did it. You probably didn't check up on them in awhile. It was one of their nicer members mogoldmember, actually. That surprises me.

EDIT: Listening to SONVA? If we all agree with that, I will get out of here and join SONVA. I would not do that, considering the fact that they want to shut us down completely.

I know that. It was said in an ealier post in this thread, but I'm still not conviced that's why the Bublagarden branch was closed. Remember, the calls were leading dangerously towards harrassement and the mods were worried that the forms could be closed down because of it, rightly so if I am add. Besides that, I'm sure that they have better things to do in their lives than to try to close us down. I don't check on SONVA at all. They have their opinions and I have mine and that's completely fine with me. I listen to what they say and I respect their opinions, but I don't agree with some of the things that they've said. They have made good points in the past, at least some of the members did.

By the way, SONVA is not an enemy. Neither is PUSA or TAJ or DuArt. We just think that PUSA made the wrong choice in getting rid of the original voice actors and we want to make it clear to them that we want the original voice actors back on the show. The world is not black and white. It's best to know that right now.

*head slap* Somehow you've missed the point of a good chuck of my previous post. This is the same darn closed minded attitude that simply makes us look like an immature group of people to the entire fan base. If we do not accept and listen to what other people have to say, even if it is different from our own opinions, which is completely fine, then all we're doing is being incredibly rude. I don't know where you got the idea that SONVA is such a bad place when it really isn't. Your claim that you'll join SONVA if we all agree to listen to it makes no sense. You obviously don't like it so why would you join it if we all agreed to listen to them. Remember, there is a difference between listening and agreeing. I think that I've made it clear that I have listened to what SONVA members have said in the past, that I respect that and that I don't agree with. Just because you don't agree with someone on a specific topic doesn't mean that you can't respect each other's opinions.

SONVA does not want to shut us down completely. That has never been their goal and some members have mentioned that in previous SOVA branches. They're more about respecting the new cast and giving them a chance, which is respectable. I understand where they come from as well, but I just don't agree with some of their points. SONVA is not the opposite of SOVA. It is best that we don't attack them and just let them be. Live and let live is what I say for this. If we think and act like that SONVA is an enemy, then all we're doing is making ourselves look more ridiculous and immature to people and the entire fanbase.

I really hope that you understand what I'm saying in this post much better than in my last one. Like I said, there is a difference between understanding/listening/respect and agreeing. Hopefully you'll be able to get that much out of it.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 3:09 am

Have you guys heard the news that a new voice director has been hired?
And that the guy they hired worked on 4Kids shows?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 8:15 am

Hidden Mew, are you saying that if SONVA tells us to give up, will we give up? Or are you just saying we should let their voices be heard but not have to agree with them. Just trying to clear things up here.

And if you're saying SONVA wouldn't shut us down, then how come mogoldmember was the one who started the thing on BMG?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 8:46 am

No, mogoldmember wasn't the person who started the whole thing.

According to Barb, the mods and admins of Bulbagarden had been discussing what to do with SOVA for months.

So it was only recently, like when DuArt made that threat to sue us, that the staff finally decided to take action with SOVA.

I really don't think SONVA sending a PM to Archaic had anything to do with it. They did very little damage, if anything. All that did was probably "seal the deal", with whatever the mods had been talking about in the staff-only forums.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 9:31 am

I doubt SONVA would have ANYTHING to do with this. They just like to overcredit themselves, that's all.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 12:14 pm

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
I doubt SONVA would have ANYTHING to do with this. They just like to overcredit themselves, that's all.

I totally agree. SONVA is all noise and no action. That is why they are barely alive while we are going stronger than ever. the best SONVA was ever able to do was trolling our LJ club.

Has anyone emailed the actors to ask them if they know about the new voice director and that he used to work with them?
Since 4kids gave their blessings to the cast I can't help wondering if that is why this guy went to the new dub.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 6:49 pm

I would love to message someone, maybe I should try Eric again. I mean, he did infact give me the information about DuArt, so why not? I'll try and e-mail him as soon as possible and should have an answer to some of your questions within a few hours, or a day at most.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 8:26 pm

I just emailed Eric Stuart and will hopefully be getting a response soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:52 am

Lapras87 wrote:
Hidden Mew, are you saying that if SONVA tells us to give up, will we give up? Or are you just saying we should let their voices be heard but not have to agree with them. Just trying to clear things up here.

And if you're saying SONVA wouldn't shut us down, then how come mogoldmember was the one who started the thing on BMG?

Somehow you've missed the point again, even after I completely repeated myself at least two or three times that we should listen and respect their opinions and that there's a difference between agreeing and listening. Amazing.

For the last time, I'm saying that we should listen to their opinions, which is the same as letting their voices be heard. Just because we don't agree with each other doesn't mean that we can't respect each other's opinions. I never said anything about following doing whatever SONVA tells us to do. We have free will, just as they do, and we can decide on our own opinions. We should always give people respect and listen to what they have to say. Not does not mean that will agree if we listen. Honestly, if we are more open minded and gave them a chance to speak their piece, we could agree with some of their points, which I have when some of the members posted in the Bulbagarden branch before, or we could at least understand/see where they are coming from, but still not agree with them. It's all about respecting others' opinions, which we should do more. Not just us in SOVA, but people everywhere.

To see if an actual example helps you to understand this, I had a professor for a month long class last January and we did not agree politically. He said that in our country, the USA, the rich are getting richer and the poor are also getting richer, but at a slower rate. I've been under the impression that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer, considering how CEO pay is 300 times higher than that of their workers, minium wage is at its lowest in fifty years and it hasn't gone up with inflation and the increasing amount of people living in poverty in our own country. Anyway, I told him that I disagreed and where I stood on it and he explained to me that he got this information from the government (if there ever was a more unreliable source for numbers than the Bush admistration, then I haven't found it yet), the Wall Street Journal and some economic magazines that I've never heard out. Keep in mind that he did not have any physical papers with him during our conversations I didn't have any for the first one, but I thought that the increasing pverty rate spoke for itself.

To get more to the point of my example, I brought in sources to back up my claim that the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer. I brought a whole folder of information that my dad wonderfully helped me to find about CEO pay inceasing, minimum wage decreasing, graphs that charts the increase of the rich and decrease of the poor in the span of fourty years and charts and graphs on the poverty increasing. These sources came from Center on Budget and Policy Priorities, Coalition on Human Needs and the U.S. Census Bureau. I came to class and told him the general information from these sources and I was giving him the folder to look at himself. He wouldn't even it touch it and he continued to believe that he was right and I was wrong. He called my sources unaccurate, idelogies and above all, not true. He even ignored three lines on a graph that were obviously the poor and thinking that the rich and the poor were the first two lines in a graph that had five lines. I did not read any of his sources, but that was because he did not provide them for me and I couldn't find them on my own. He could have easily yelled at me if my classmates weren't present, but I was alone since I was the minority in the class. He was quite for quite awhile when I asked him why are there so many people in poverty in our country, not surprisingly so. In the end, he would not listen to me, while I did listen to him and continued to disagree with him. My intensions were only to prove that I have sources to back up my claims and not to change his mind or convice him that I was right. I finally just asked him if we could agree to disagree and be happy with that. After having another problem with me calling his opinion his truth and my opinion my truth, he agreed and I was almost done with that horrible excuse for a class, thank goodness.

The point of my story should hopefully be clear, but I'll spell it out anyway. While my professor was not willing to listen to me or look at any of my sources, I was listening to him and trying to understand why he thought that way. He was completely disrespectful of my feelings and my intelligence as a student, while I was the one who actually provided him with the respect that everyone deserves. Giving respect to others is what everyone should do, regardless of whether they agree with each other on issues and topics. I'm not just talking about SOVA and SONVA, obviously, but all people should respect each other and where they stand. I wanted to provide this as an example since I think that it would make the point clearer more than any example with the voice actors situation that I could be able to think of. And I'm sorry if at any point during my recollection if I upset anyone's political/social beliefs as that was not my intension at all and I'm perfectly fine if anyone feels differently about what I did or say in this situation.

As for your claim about SONVA, Lisa is correct about what she said about Barb. In fact, in one of her post before the Bulbagarden branch was closed off, Barb said it herself that the mods and admins were deciding what to do with SOVA for months. Like I've been trying to explain, it was really the threats to sue us from DuArt that finally made the mods take action. Honestly, I understand where they're coming from since they didn't want the forms to be closed down because of anything we did to anger/annoy people at either DuArt or PUSA. I wouldn't be surprised if any private message to the admins were rooted in the same worried feeling that the forms could be shut down due to our actions. I agree with Lisa that all the message did was reaffirm the mods to take action rather than sit by and allow us to continue the path that could have lead to lawsuits if we pushed on any longer.

Just because I'm not sure if this will be any clearer, I'm going to say this again:All I'm saying is that we should listen to what people have to say, whether they are part of SOVA or part of SONVA or completely nuetral on this whole situation. It doesn't matter if we don't agree with them, but what does matter is that we give them a chance to speak their minds and not ignore them just because we don't agree with them. That's just a pathetic, weak and rude responce to anyone on any issue. As I've mentioned before, there is a difference between understand, listening, respecting and agreeing with someone. Just because you listen to someone's opinion does not mean that you'll agree with them. I don't know how I can make this point any more clear to everyone here.

Hopefully this has done the trick. I'm getting tired of being the voice crying out in the wilderness here, or at least feel like I am.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 8:53 am

I will send an apology PM to Barb later.

EDIT: Hidden Mew, why don't you respect other SOVA member's opinions? If people want to call or email or whatever, you should let them do that. I'm sorry if I got you angry, but people do have their opinions. I'm not saying you have to call or email, but different people have different opinions. If you respect SONVA, why don't you respect your own team?
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 8:30 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
I will send an apology PM to Barb later.

EDIT: Hidden Mew, why don't you respect other SOVA member's opinions? If people want to call or email or whatever, you should let them do that. I'm sorry if I got you angry, but people do have their opinions. I'm not saying you have to call or email, but different people have different opinions. If you respect SONVA, why don't you respect your own team?

Yes, you did get me quite upset since I've had to repeat myself in three different posts and I'm sorry if I sounded harsh to you in any way. The way you've replied to my previous posts, including this one, makes me feel that you've missed what I've been trying to say. In fact, I don't believe that I even mentioned my feelings on making the calls and I don't have a problem with people sending email. I don't know where you got that idea from.

To answer your question, I do respect other SOVA members' opinions. I think that I've made that point so clear that I'm tired of saying it all the darn time. I think my story example that I used clearly shows that I acknowledged that people have different opinions and that I respect their opinions. However, just because I respect others' different opinions does not mean that I necessiarly agree with them. That also was a clear and obvious point of the story. So clear that I spelled it out right after I was done.

The reason why I personally don't like the idea of calling is that it is not doing anything good for us at the moment. As I mentioned in the other thread, out of all of the phone calls that were made recently, I can only recall one or two that were acctually positive. All of the other calls we made, specifically to DuArt, just ended in upset feelings and anger. All we were doing was making people on the other end quite angry and anger enough to give us threats to sue us. According to you, they went as far as tracking down our locations, but I'm still not sure if that was true or not. Anyway, calling will only cause us legal trouble since they could take out a case for harrassement if we continued calling like this.

The other part of my reason is that I don't want to break my word. When Lisa made that promise with Barb, I saw it as a promise to her that we would stop the calls and it really was as well. I don't particuarlly like to lie and I feel that if we continued to do this, we'll be lying behind Barb's back and I don't like to lie at all. That's more of my personal side of the reason. I know that the Bulbagarden branch was closed down, but I feel that we should keep our promise, regardless of what happened there.

If part of this is referring to my post in another thread, I specifically mentioned that you have your own choice in deciding whether or not you want to call. I disagreed with your opinion on continuing the phone calls, but I also respected your opinion by saying that it is your choice. I don't understand where you got the idea that I'm not respecting people here when for the past couple of days, all of my posts have been all about respecting others' opinions. I respect SONVA and SOVA, but I wouldn't label them as teams since that just adds onto the sense of conflict and compettion between us all and I don't like that. That's just me though.

I honestly feel really upset right now. I've tired and tired to explain where I stand, yet I feel so disrespected every time. This just makes me feel so angry. I am so sick of this right now that you can't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 8:47 pm

That's great! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Should I send an apology PM to Barb later?
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 8:53 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
That's great! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Should I send an apology PM to Barb later?

I'm hoping that this means you understand that I respect others' opinions, even if I don't agree with them, because I'm sure sick and tired of repeating myself right now. I do appreciate your apology. I mostly just felt quite angry that I had to repeat myself so many times and alone every time that I said this same speech. I felt like the voice crying in the wilderness and I didn't like that either. Still, I really do appreciate your apology, Lapras. Thank you.

As for your question, it is your choice if you want to send Barb an apology private message later. No one's going to force you to do it if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 9:43 pm

If that's the case, I'm not going to take any chances with anyone over there.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime16th February 2008, 10:50 pm

wow....that was the worst debate i ever read.....seriously

i have to agree with Hidden Mew....i think what she is saying is perfectly clear.....i mean seriously, even i couldnt have made myself more clear than that.

but anyways, having respect means to maintain your morals and most of all, integrity when listening to others. If we dont show respect, then i agree that it makes SOVA look bad.

and the part about supporting SONVA, and not supporting SOVA is totally random....it makes no sense from what Hidden Mew said, and i dont see how its possible to derive such a conclusion from what Hidden Mew said....hence the worst debate

I have to agree with Mew though on the part about Bulbagarden and Barb......although i could be filled in on that a little more

but anyways.....i hope this thing is cleared up and everyones good and cool with each other.....remember we have to work as a team. but teamwork is not just intermembers its also intramembers. So apart from recruiting nonmembers, we also respect them, even opposers.

Honestly i think that by showing our respect for rivaling fanbases, it would actually make us look better and more diplomatic. Hopefully, and this goes along with the whole boycotting thing, if we make ourselves appear professional and most of all, peaceful, then we should succeed gloriously. Lets try to be like MLK, and Ghandi. Im sure, if we were the most professional group in the country, no one would dare sue us, destroy our forums, or downgrade us.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 5:06 am

Pokeyug wrote:
I just emailed Eric Stuart and will hopefully be getting a response soon.

Get any response yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
Page 17 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next