Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

Go down 
+16
Aipom Fan
Starla
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
Rocket Grunt
Tommy
ker-plop
Trainer Rachel
Hidden Mew
Lapras87
Dr. Peppa
maddiejoan
Pokeyug
Pokémon Trainer Shane
PokemonTrainerLisa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime12th January 2008, 10:06 pm

Someone's gotta find out the new studio. Then, we get the original cast to send DuArt (or whoever) resumes. And, I'm gathering some clips of Pokemon right now that I will send to PUSA. In fact, I'll put them on CD and hand deliver the CD and an attached letter to PUSA.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime12th January 2008, 11:28 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Again, agreed with ker-plop.

Face it, if the VAs really want their jobs back, they're gonna have to fight for them.
I agree completely! The VAs need to contact PUSA or the new studio! PUSA is not listening to the fans! They haven't been doing it for the last two years. You guys NEED to contact them if you want your jobs back!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime13th January 2008, 10:11 am

Maddie said back in one of the earlier pages that it wouldn't help. It would just make her look bad. I still agree that PUSA never listens to the fans, and the original cast must speak up.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime13th January 2008, 5:35 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
How long does it take for PUSA to respond to an email? They won't respond to me. But, how will we find out who the new studio is? Are they trying to not tell us until it's too late? If PUSA and DuArt won't answer us, and Larry's contract won't let him tell us anything, who is there to contact? Someone should call them rather than emailing them, and it should help. Call (646) 497-0400 or (212) 278-3015. Hurry, things could be in place any minute now.

Yea, when we send them emails, should we expect a reply, hope they read it, or just for the heck of it
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime13th January 2008, 7:10 pm

Larry usually replies on Mondays through Fridays, I believe.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime13th January 2008, 7:32 pm

oh....
whatever the case, im sure sending them letters all the time lets them know that people would really appreciate the original VA's

and btw, does anyone know why they let Gary Oak keep the same VA?
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime13th January 2008, 8:44 pm

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
oh....
whatever the case, im sure sending them letters all the time lets them know that people would really appreciate the original VA's

and btw, does anyone know why they let Gary Oak keep the same VA?
I think Maddie said it was because he was friends with Larry.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 1:21 pm

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
Are they actually good at this sort of thing?

I know Media Blasters is also in New York, and they usually do the shows uncut.

CPM did the Slayers dub. Which, coincidentally, starred the Pokemon cast. (Points to sig)
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 4:54 pm

Nekusagi wrote:

CPM did the Slayers dub. Which, coincidentally, starred the Pokemon cast. (Points to sig)

Actually. TAJ did Slayers.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 5:18 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Nekusagi wrote:

Actually. TAJ did Slayers.
CPM did Slayers using TAJ's studio.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 5:42 pm

I thought FUNimation did it with TAJ. Anyway, maybe we should email someone we haven't before from PUSA about the new studio, and it might get us answers. If we never contacted them before, they wouldn't know about us and we would get answers. Remember not to mention you're from SOVA, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 10:10 pm

Jimmy Zoppi, Gary's old voice, actually stopped working for 4Kids a while before the whole dub thing, just pointing that out.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime14th January 2008, 10:29 pm

Jimmy Zoppi, Gary's old voice, actually stopped working for 4Kids a while before the whole dub thing, just pointing that out.

Then who voiced Gary in chronicles?
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime15th January 2008, 2:53 pm

*blink* Eh? O.O

I'm confused, now....

I thought Jimmy Zoppi's Meowth, now? O_o;
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime15th January 2008, 5:04 pm

Yes, Jimmy Zoppi is new Meowth.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime15th January 2008, 5:31 pm

But for a while, Jimmy Zoppi and Kayzie Rogers were working for both 4Kids and for Pokemon USA.

They kept working for 4Kids (under fake names) right up until they found out about it and fired them.

That's why Jimmy Zoppi is working on the Pokemon USA dub. Apparently, someone told him and Kayzie Rogers about the "deal" when Pokemon USA got the rights to the anime. I'm betting anything that this whole thing happened because Larry was close with those two, and chose to tell them about the chance to work on Pokemon USA's dub and everything.

At least, that theory makes sense anyway. It would explain why the original VAs weren't aware about what was happening, while those other two VAs (who were working for 4Kids) knew about it. Because somehow, they knew about the job offer, while the original cast wasn't informed.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime15th January 2008, 5:33 pm

Well, this might help a little. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is delayed until March 9th! We now have more time to get through to Nintendo to make sure the original cast is used!

EDIT: I have an idea of what the new president's email is. Since PUSA emails are laid out as (last name)@pokemon-usa.com, maybe try okubo@pokemon-usa.com. Or, maybe we should stick to the phone calls.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime16th January 2008, 12:18 am

that email address doesn't work. every time I send an email it comes back.
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime16th January 2008, 12:26 am

Oh geez! I had no idea they were gonna talk in that game! O_O;

*SNIFFLES*

Maaahaaaddie....T_T
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime16th January 2008, 8:04 am

3 things I don't want in Brawl:
Jason Griffith (Sonic)
Jimmy Zoppi... I mean Billy Beach (Meowth)
Sarah (Ash/Pokemon Trainer)

EDIT: I called Nintendo to request the original cast for Brawl and they did what they usually do to Save Sonic. He said, "Thank you. That's all you have to do," and hung up. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime17th January 2008, 12:59 am

Guys... we are losing track of thee big picture here...
the game is a one-time event and we are getting distracted by it. Meanwhile the end of season 10 draws closer and closer and if I know PUSA they will only wait a few months before they start dubbing the first season 11. that means we have a small window to push for the original vas.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime17th January 2008, 8:08 am

Right. I'm still focusing on Nintendo at the moment, but it made me forget all about the anime! I think if we get through to Nintendo to use the original cast, PUSA will take note of that and hopefully bring them back for the anime. And there's still no news about the new studio. PUSA ignores our emails and phone calls, so who is there to contact? I'm watching my email, so I'll definitely post when they send a reply (if they do send one).
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime17th January 2008, 1:03 pm

Agreed Lapras. Obviously PUSA doesn't care what we say. Nintendo is much more open and willing to listen. You have a better chance convincing them.

The only people I feel that could get through to PUSA would be the original voice actors themselves.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime17th January 2008, 2:04 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Agreed Lapras. Obviously PUSA doesn't care what we say. Nintendo is much more open and willing to listen. You have a better chance convincing them.

The only people I feel that could get through to PUSA would be the original voice actors themselves.

i wouldnt exactly say they dont care.....first of all the basic rule in business is customer satisfaction. If they get a lot of complaints, they'll know that the public cares a lot, and if they dont satisfy them, they'll get a really really bad reputation. Also, I'm sure its taking them some time to respond, or they're lazy, or maye their just the type of people who keep it within themselves but dont respond(you know what i mean?.....same thing I do with all the college apps and leadership forum crap i get) lol
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime18th January 2008, 2:09 am

what you guys are failing to get is that Nintendo can't make PUSA do anything, even if we win with the game. They are seperate companies for that reason, Nintendo handles games only, they don't tell PUSA how to run the show and if the made it into the game, it still wouldn't make any impact on PUSA's decisions about the show.

PUSA was getting out letters when we sent them, that is how they knew we existed, even though they keep calling us a company. I'm just afraid that everyone is getting distracted with this game and focusing less and less on the show which is our goal. distraction has always been our second biggest enemy.

has anyone even asked the vas if they would go to PUSA and show interest in getting the roles?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
Page 5 of 20Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next