Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

Go down 
+16
Aipom Fan
Starla
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
Rocket Grunt
Tommy
ker-plop
Trainer Rachel
Hidden Mew
Lapras87
Dr. Peppa
maddiejoan
Pokeyug
Pokémon Trainer Shane
PokemonTrainerLisa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 8:27 pm

I called Cablevision right now and they said that they have detected an "unkown network" hacking into my Optimum Online. They said they could not do anything at all. So DuArt probably knows what's on my computer by now.

EDIT: I called DuArt and some Arab who knew that it was me who was calling asked, "So, how do you like the popups?" I told them I didn't get any and I heard typing and suddenly an ad popped up on my screen. "So," he said, "what do you say now?" He also said he could put 5 ads on the screen at once and I heard typing and 5 ads popped up out of nowwhere! WTH are these guys thinking? I'm going to use the IP change trick people are talking about or go to the library.

Someone please straighten out these folks as I'm afraid to call back! Call DuArt now!
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 9:47 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
I called Cablevision right now and they said that they have detected an "unkown network" hacking into my Optimum Online. They said they could not do anything at all. So DuArt probably knows what's on my computer by now.

EDIT: I called DuArt and some Arab who knew that it was me who was calling asked, "So, how do you like the popups?" I told them I didn't get any and I heard typing and suddenly an ad popped up on my screen. "So," he said, "what do you say now?" He also said he could put 5 ads on the screen at once and I heard typing and 5 ads popped up out of nowwhere! WTH are these guys thinking? I'm going to use the IP change trick people are talking about or go to the library.

Someone please straighten out these folks as I'm afraid to call back! Call DuArt now!
OMG, these people really are crazy! I suggest calling the police immediately!

Last edited by on 6th February 2008, 9:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 9:51 pm

I'm so totally going to call PUSA tomorrow and complain. Thankfully my dad knows a guy who fixed all our adware and spyware in the past. I'm also going to try and call Tim W. and ask why he would hire such mean people.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 9:57 pm

Okay. With the recent news of DuArt tracking down our IP addresses and what happened to Lapras87 with the popups, I'm kind of creeped out. By the way, what are IP addresses? If they knew Lisa's name, then maybe they've just looked online on our SOVA branch in Bulbagarden. However, I'm trying to get rid of that creepy feeling I'm having by remembering that they legally can't really sue us. We haven't done anything illegal towards PUSA, TAJ or DuArt. I thought that DuArt was just at the same level at TAJ, but their efforts to scare us off even further than what TAJ did proves that they're acting lower than TAJ. They just are trying to get us to not call them by using these threats and scaring us off. But that's just so pathetic. If they are tracking down where we live, which I honestly doubt, but if they are, wouldn't that be illegal to begin with? If it is, see if you can report it to the police or someone who can help. I definitely vote for this horrible disrespect towards the fans to be sent to PUSA and/or Nintendo. I would phone DuArt myself, but I'm kind of scared myself to do that at the moment. Maybe another time like next week or something.

EDIT: I'm glad that you're going to call PUSA and complain about this Lapras. They definitely should know about this. Just remember to stay calm, tell them exactly what happened and calmly stay professional. Hopefully they will listen to you and your complaints.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 9:59 pm

I just found a site that can change your IP address.
http://www.change-ip-address.com/
EDIT: Nevermind, it costs money. I found another site that tells you how to change it yourself.
http://www.astahost.com/info.php/how-change-ip-address_t1452.html
EDIT 2:This site can also tell you how to change it.
http://www.tech-faq.com/change-ip-address.shtml

Maybe we should all use public phones when calling DuArt.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 10:20 pm

Anyway:

I know it's not like us, but I think it's payback time for PUSA and DuArt. I'm not saying to hack their computers and threaten them, but I think we should change the phone call frequency to 2 days a week. The more phone calls they get, the more of a chance they get tired of us and get the old VAs back.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 10:41 pm

That's a VERY good point, Lapras! And I agree with you! ^_^

Of course, a part of me really wants to call DuArt. Because if I do, then I can ask them questions about the original VAs. And I can also tell them what Maddie said recently (how 4Kids gave actually them their permission to work on Pokemon! and also, there's the fact that the contracts are NOT in effect anymore!).

However, with all that's going on right now, and how that one guy has already threatened to sue me (and he even pointed my name out), quite honestly I'm afraid to call DuArt at this time. O_O
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 10:45 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
That's a VERY good point, Lapras! And I agree with you! ^_^

Of course, a part of me really wants to call DuArt. Because if I do, then I can ask them questions about the original VAs. And I can also tell them what Maddie said recently (how 4Kids gave actually them their permission to work on Pokemon! and also, there's the fact that the contracts are NOT in effect anymore!).

However, with all that's going on right now, and how that one guy has already threatened to sue me (and he even pointed my name out), quite honestly I'm afraid to call DuArt at this time. O_O
Maybe you should try calling on a public phone, so they can't track your number.
EDIT: I would also suggest to use a fake name when calling, so they don't know it's you.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 11:17 pm

Um... okay, I don't mean to cause any fights or anything, but what Lapras has been saying recently have seemed so far-fetched. I mean, I could believe it before, but after that whole "pop-up" thing... honestly now. :/
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 12:16 am

Come on guys, stay cool and focused. This is not the time to pick battles, we are a team and we need to stick together and stay strong. If we let DuArt and Pokemon USA scare us into backing down, then we were never ready to deal with such a big deal as we are in right now. We have to think of ways to get DuArt to stop threatening us with whatever it is they are doing.

Tomorrow, I will personally call them and act truly professional and get notes on every word they tell me. So, who's with me? Are we ready to take down DuArt and Pokemon USA together, or break apart and let this organization go down the drain? I know in my heart that we can stop their evil ways, and if we stand tall, there's no one or nothing that can stand in our way.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 12:26 am

Go for it... but I wouldn't use words like "evil." That won't get you anywhere.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 12:27 am

That was VERY well said, Derek!

And yes, I'm with you on this! ^_^

We must give it everything we've got to make sure DuArt doesn't win this fight. They're not gonna scare us! We won't let them!

And we're NOT backing down from this, not now, not ever!
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 12:28 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
That was VERY well said, Derek!

And yes, I'm with you on this! ^_^

We must give it everything we've got to make sure DuArt doesn't win this fight. They're not gonna scare us! We won't let them!

And we're not backing down from this, not now, not ever!
I agree, DuArts threats certainly are not going to back me down! I with everyone on this!
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 7:52 am

Me neither. I'm not going to let DuArt's (probably fake) threats back me down! I'm happy to hear Derek will be calling DuArt today.

EDIT: I will start a thread in the Ideas and Operations forum about contacting our cable companies. After all, they're in charge of the ratings and we probably won't experience unprofessionalism.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 4:11 pm

I just received an email from Nintendo:
Nintendo wrote:
I appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us regarding the voice actors used in the Pokemon cartoons. Rest assured that your e-mail will be forwarded on to the appropriate department for further review. While we're not able to respond directly to all forwarded feedback, I can assure you that your comments regarding this issue will be heard.

Nintendo of America Inc.
Greg Hamilton

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529
Nintendo is so nice! In my email, I complained about how DuArt and PUSA were treating us. I'm happy to see that Nintendo is willing to help us, unlike PUSA, TAJ, & DuArt.
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 4:44 pm

Sounds like a form letter if you ask me. Phone calls might work better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 4:53 pm

I got another hangup from PUSA and DuArt. And I've been on hold with Cablevision/Optimum for 25 minutes before I hung up. I have sent Nintendo an email and will call them as soon as my mom hangs up with my grandpa.

EDIT: Nintendo was super-nice once again. The undersood everything (inclusing how we are NOT a company). They said that they would 100% tell the correct department about this and that they already had lots of emails from fans. They did not hang up on me, either.

Last edited by on 7th February 2008, 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 5:59 pm

Lapras, me and other members were discussing in the bulbagarden thread that you can sue DuArt, if you want to for the invasion of privacy and the threats.

EDIT:
Lapras87 wrote:
Nintendo was super-nice once again. The undersood everything (inclusing how we are NOT a company). They said that they would 100% tell the correct department about this and that they already had lots of emails from fans. They did not hang up on me, either.

That's great Lapras! So, if they have many emails, we just might actually get them back!

BTW, did you mention to Nintendo about DuArt's threats?
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 6:34 pm

Wow, I am actually surprised at the fact at how nice DuArt was when talking to me. They were very kind in speaking terms, and they didn't hang up on me when I tried to ask them questions- even when I mentioned that I was a member of the SOVA Organization.

The thing is, they wouldn't allow me to ask any questions regaurding the Pokemon dub actors. They said they would be more than happy to answer any questions on if I would like to know how to get a job there, but other than that, I was eliminated on the possible questions to ask. I kindly said thank-you anyways and they told me that I could try calling Pokemon USA, but they said the information on phone numbers was too valuable to give away.

So, what do we do now?

- Derek
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 6:39 pm

Aipom Fan wrote:
Wow, I am actually surprised at the fact at how nice DuArt was when talking to me. They were very kind in speaking terms, and they didn't hang up on me when I tried to ask them questions- even when I mentioned that I was a member of the SOVA Organization.

The thing is, they wouldn't allow me to ask any questions regaurding the Pokemon dub actors. They said they would be more than happy to answer any questions on if I would like to know how to get a job there, but other than that, I was eliminated on the possible questions to ask. I kindly said thank-you anyways and they told me that I could try calling Pokemon USA, but they said the information on phone numbers was too valuable to give away.

So, what do we do now?

- Derek
It's really strange about how nice they were to you. Maybe Nintendo listened to us and contacted them.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 6:41 pm

PUSA's phone number? Sure. Let me put this into google. Yep, here they are (they have 2):
(646) 497-0400
(212) 278-3015

There you have it. Anyway, I'm surprised. Maybe it was just one of their employees who was mean because I think I got the same person all the time.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 7:20 pm

I just recently called Pokemon USA and they couldn't answer my questions because they didn't know how to, so they directed me to Pokemon USA in Seattle Washington.

Okay, so I call them, right? Anyways, after about a million attempts to try and get someone to answer their phone, somebody did. I finally asked the person if they would mind answering my question, and they simply replied, "We'll try"

So, I asked him:

" Well sir, my first question to you is about how about a year or two ago, Pokemon USA decided to re-cast for new people to voice the characters. I was wondering, perhaps, if maybe you would consider alllowing the original VA's to come back and work with-"

And then he cut me off and said, "Okay, listen. Due to legal issues, we are not allowed to answer any questions regaurding the Voice Actors and their changes."

I asked if he could tell me why there are legal issues where they have confirmed that no contracts were in affect anymore.

He simply replied, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!"

So, I kindly said, "Well, thank-you sir, and I hope that you have a great day" and he hung up.

- Derek

PS. I honestly don't think we are as much of a threat to them than before. I can honestly say that they do not care who's feeling's they hurt...
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 7:30 pm

WOAH!!!! That is a little over the hedge here. I think it's a little unprofessional.

Last edited by on 7th February 2008, 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 7:31 pm

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 7:33 pm

Yelling "ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!" is not good to me. I've seen better from Viacom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next