Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Computer help

Go down 
+6
offkilter06
Nekusagi
Tommy
Gligar13
iEatPikachuForLunch
Snorlax
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Computer help - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 9:41 pm

I guess I'm lucky, I have a black lite and I haven't had a problem with it at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 12:06 am

I have both a grey old ds and i am currently playing the 3d remake of Final Fantasy IV on my white ds lite.
Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 8:35 am

Well, I had them take $25 off the final repair (Hmmm...wonder how?), and it will now only be $54.50...so I guess it's better than either leaving it as it is and wait for the screen to fall off and only have to pay even more, or pay $180 for a brand new one when god knows Nintendo is in the making of our next greatest portable handheld game system.

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 11:12 am

Aipom Fan wrote:
offkilter06 wrote:
Aipom Fan wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I just wana' know if I was the only one having this problem. A few months back, I had noticed a crack on the hinge of my DS Lite. I played it long enough to were the screen was flimsy. I called Nintendo and said it would be about $75.00 to get a repair. I did some research, and found out alot of people had this problem...except it was in 2006...not 2008. Anyways...is this normal? I take really good care of my things, and I would've known had I dropped it some point in time.

You're right about them having problems initially. The problem was fixed though. I don't have my DS on hand at the second (I just moved yesterday and it hasn't been unpacked) but does it have the build date on it? If it falls into that time frame, Nintendo will most likely replace it. Nintendo fixed the problem in the production process ASAP after noticing it was occuring, but there is a chance some old units stuck around on shelves.

If the problem isn't the date, it is all a matter of good/bad luck. Hinges are finicky and if accidentally tightened too much through the production process (just by sheer chance), the hinge would be more apt to break. I have a Gateway laptop that has this problem, but the problem is all in the plastic and not the hinge itself. I have never seen a cracked DS in person, so I don't know how adversely the crack infiltrates the hinge or just the aesthetics.

Computer help - Page 2 Wjfgxz

I believe that my dad had bought me a Nintendo DS Lite around Christmas season of 2006. The hinge broke sometime around the summer of 2007. I had contacted Nintendo and told me all models of the year in 2006 that had a hinge were replaced immediately, and that I was not aloud to send it in to be fixed for free due to my warenty experation date aswell it being past time to send them in for free repairs. I quoted from a web document stating Nintendo is to repair all broken models no matter the case...of course they still denied my request. So, I dunno?

- Aipom Fan

Happened to me too. I dropped mine off the front porch at my grandma's in Brooklyn and it fell onto my Geo Metro, thankfully only a floor below it. It has the same crack you have, in the same exact position. I never take my DS out onto a balcony, I learned my lesson. I ESPECIALLY won't try to do it at my other grandma in Manhattan, who lives 13 floors above street level.

I don't know what to do with it, but at least it still works. I'll take a picture of it with my camera, which I have better brought here to Brooklyn. If not, I might be driving to NJ tonight after work. But it'll be pretty late because I'm late for work.

EDIT: here's the snapshot.

Computer help - Page 2 B8a62u

Last edited by Lapras87 on 29th July 2008, 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 5:58 pm

they wont fix it if the serial number is removed. send it to a 3rd party repiar servide or get a used old model ds.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 3:15 pm

My DS Lite is cracked on the bottom where the GBA slot is. My sister did that when she ran over it with her Barble Jeep Power Wheels car. I had bought her the car with my last paycheck from my side job (on site PC support business owned by my cousin). The GBA slot still works, though.
Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 7:25 pm

Wow. Ya'll are hard on DS. Mine has been dropped a few times, but it is no more than a few feet.

Maybe I can get my parents to stop telling me that I'm not the hardest person on electronics ever!

Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 8:22 pm

All of those cracks can be an easy fix...Try be a little more careful with your electronics, they aren't very cheap. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st July 2008, 8:49 am

i have had my ds for a year and it hasnt broke. but it has started to discolor around the hinge and the corner near the D Pad.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer help
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: Other Talk :: Miscellaneous Discussion-
Jump to: