Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Computer help Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Computer help Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Computer help Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Computer help Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Computer help Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Computer help Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Computer help Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Computer help Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Computer help Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Computer help Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Computer help Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Computer help

Go down 
+6
offkilter06
Nekusagi
Tommy
Gligar13
iEatPikachuForLunch
Snorlax
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-20

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:41 pm

Hiya guys, well, I have a little problem that I hope someone could help me with. Whenever I leave my computer alone for a while (like an hour) and I come back on, the bottom bar is missing. You know, the one that shows the time and little applications. If I restart my computer, it's back on like normal, but if I leave it again, it disappears. I don't remember it doing this before and I'm pretty sure I haven't touched anything, so I'm wondering what's up. If it helps, I have a Dell that has Window Vista. It's very annoying, especially when I'm on the internet and I see my background on the bottom page. Again, any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:53 pm

Maybe the toolbar goes away when the mouse isn't on it.

Note: Vista is s***. It's pretty much the new Windows Me... =O
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 9:59 pm

Snorlax wrote:
Hiya guys, well, I have a little problem that I hope someone could help me with. Whenever I leave my computer alone for a while (like an hour) and I come back on, the bottom bar is missing. You know, the one that shows the time and little applications. If I restart my computer, it's back on like normal, but if I leave it again, it disappears. I don't remember it doing this before and I'm pretty sure I haven't touched anything, so I'm wondering what's up. If it helps, I have a Dell that has Window Vista. It's very annoying, especially when I'm on the internet and I see my background on the bottom page. Again, any help would be appreciated.
Try turning off Vista Aero theme (revert to windows classic). It also speeds your pc up.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 10:13 pm

Sorry, how do I do that?
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 10:20 pm

right click on the desktop, click personalise, click Window Color And Appearence, click on "open classic appearence proporties for more options" (if you have basic, you will not have a color selection screen) and change Windows Aero to Windows Classic. That should work.
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 10:28 pm

Success!! Very Happy It looks too gray, but it does seem to be running faster. I'll test it out later and see if it did fix my problem. Thanks, Jacob!
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime12th July 2008, 11:17 pm

Windows Vista has a lot of bugs in it, even with the new Service Pack. However, it may also happen when you have a screensaver on and if it gets activated and then you move the mouse, I once noticed strange things happen with it. Also I noticed that the sidebar does strange things in certain conditions so I always turned it off. However, my solution was to format the hard drive and install Windows XP Professional. XD
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 1:27 am

I run Vista, and I love it.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 1:44 am

I didn't mind Vista, my laptop has it and runs fine but my desktop, it was so slow that it was almost unusable and the computer is only 3 years old.
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 3:19 am

Vista is too 'pretty' for me. If I wanted pretty, I'd hand my money to Steve Jobs.

.....but my little Asus Eee couldn't run Vista even if it wanted to! My big laptop could, but why fix what isn't broken?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 8:27 am

Vista is one of the reasons why I bought a MacBook. I hate Vista. Bugs, viruses, and compatibility problems.
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 10:05 am

Lapras87 wrote:
Vista is one of the reasons why I bought a MacBook. I hate Vista. Bugs, viruses, and compatibility problems.
Mac Os X also has bugs , viruses, and compltibility issues (No classic os 9 software or Power PC software issues).
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 12:43 pm

Yeah Macs are also known to lock up. This guy tells it like it is:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime13th July 2008, 2:34 pm

Ah no. Not a Mac/Windows debate. It's all a matter of opinion.

Those who like form, extreme ease of use, like 'pretty', or do hard core video editing tend to buy a mac

Those who like value, functionality, and like to tinker and mess with their computer typically choose windows

No one is right, no one is wrong. The common flaws each side likes to yell (customer service, viruses, etc) is found on the other side as well.

I choose windows because I like to tinker and play with my computer, something Apple OSs tend to freak out if you try to do.

Now let's all sing a song together Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime14th July 2008, 8:49 pm

Hey guys, believe it or not, I think my screensaver was to blame! I forgot I changed it the other day, so I changed it back to my previous one for the heck of it, and the bar didn't disappear!! Thank goodness. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 5:02 pm

I am running a hacked XP version of Simpsons After Dark screensavers pack that my friend at work gave me. I have it on both my laptop and my desktop here at home and on my PC at work.
Ben
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 9:51 am

Vista isn't worth the trouble im all ways seeing patches for softwear that can't get along with it
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 10:41 am

Yeah, my laptop came with Vista and I had dug up a CD-R backup of an old bootable XP Pro CD that came with my old PC that had kicked the bucket on me to downgrade it to XP. My DSL modem isn't Vista compatible, so downgrading was the only way at the time. I now have a Wireless Router, but I am NOT reinstalling Vista because I don't want the aggravation that I had with my old 500 megahertz Pentium 3 laptop that was running Windows ME. XP was slow on the old laptop, but it was stable.
Ben
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 11:10 am

I had just bought my Vista computer in February and it seems to be working fine. I think the clearity of the picture is more cleaner than Windows XP; aswell is the color. Although, this is just my opinion.

I have run into a few problems, but not enough to hate it. I guess all new things have a downside.

- Aipom Fan

PS. I know this is off topic, but I just wana' know if I was the only one having this problem. A few months back, I had noticed a crack on the hinge of my DS Lite. I played it long enough to were the screen was flimsy. I called Nintendo and said it would be about $75.00 to get a repair. I did some research, and found out alot of people had this problem...except it was in 2006...not 2008. Anyways...is this normal? I take really good care of my things, and I would've known had I dropped it some point in time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 12:46 pm

Does the DS go all the way back, not stopping at a ceratin point? My friend fixed that easily himself.
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 1:12 pm

Sorry wouldn't know im not not a DS fan
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 11:46 pm

Aipom Fan wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I just wana' know if I was the only one having this problem. A few months back, I had noticed a crack on the hinge of my DS Lite. I played it long enough to were the screen was flimsy. I called Nintendo and said it would be about $75.00 to get a repair. I did some research, and found out alot of people had this problem...except it was in 2006...not 2008. Anyways...is this normal? I take really good care of my things, and I would've known had I dropped it some point in time.

You're right about them having problems initially. The problem was fixed though. I don't have my DS on hand at the second (I just moved yesterday and it hasn't been unpacked) but does it have the build date on it? If it falls into that time frame, Nintendo will most likely replace it. Nintendo fixed the problem in the production process ASAP after noticing it was occuring, but there is a chance some old units stuck around on shelves.

If the problem isn't the date, it is all a matter of good/bad luck. Hinges are finicky and if accidentally tightened too much through the production process (just by sheer chance), the hinge would be more apt to break. I have a Gateway laptop that has this problem, but the problem is all in the plastic and not the hinge itself. I have never seen a cracked DS in person, so I don't know how adversely the crack infiltrates the hinge or just the aesthetics.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 9:50 am

offkilter06 wrote:
Aipom Fan wrote:
I know this is off topic, but I just wana' know if I was the only one having this problem. A few months back, I had noticed a crack on the hinge of my DS Lite. I played it long enough to were the screen was flimsy. I called Nintendo and said it would be about $75.00 to get a repair. I did some research, and found out alot of people had this problem...except it was in 2006...not 2008. Anyways...is this normal? I take really good care of my things, and I would've known had I dropped it some point in time.

You're right about them having problems initially. The problem was fixed though. I don't have my DS on hand at the second (I just moved yesterday and it hasn't been unpacked) but does it have the build date on it? If it falls into that time frame, Nintendo will most likely replace it. Nintendo fixed the problem in the production process ASAP after noticing it was occuring, but there is a chance some old units stuck around on shelves.

If the problem isn't the date, it is all a matter of good/bad luck. Hinges are finicky and if accidentally tightened too much through the production process (just by sheer chance), the hinge would be more apt to break. I have a Gateway laptop that has this problem, but the problem is all in the plastic and not the hinge itself. I have never seen a cracked DS in person, so I don't know how adversely the crack infiltrates the hinge or just the aesthetics.

Computer help Wjfgxz

I believe that my dad had bought me a Nintendo DS Lite around Christmas season of 2006. The hinge broke sometime around the summer of 2007. I had contacted Nintendo and told me all models of the year in 2006 that had a hinge were replaced immediately, and that I was not aloud to send it in to be fixed for free due to my warenty experation date aswell it being past time to send them in for free repairs. I quoted from a web document stating Nintendo is to repair all broken models no matter the case...of course they still denied my request. So, I dunno?

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 11:08 am

Ben, that Mac vid is made of win and kittens.

And I'm hearing a LOT of reports of the DS Lite messing up. Which makes me feel smugly superior for using an olDS.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 12:09 pm

Mmmhmmm yep! That's the problem my friend had! What he did is put a rubber band in between the screen and hinge aroung the DS. As for he actually fixed it, I don't remember...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Computer help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Computer help   Computer help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Computer help
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: Other Talk :: Miscellaneous Discussion-
Jump to: