Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...

Go down 
+2
impactkhtennis_thewind
Geoffrey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 3:51 pm

This problem has been resolved but the topic is going to be kept here as a reminder and archive. -Brian

I have been a member of SOVA for a couple years now. However, I have been losing faith in SOVA because I have felt that SOVA has been sidetracked into "attacking" people who disagree with their own opinions. Now, just a couple days ago, I spoke with PokemonTrainerLisa, and she said that no one has been attacking anyone. So I decided to take her word for it. Then, I saw this Link removed -Brian. To say the least, I was horrified. Not only was this person attacking an innocent person, he or she was attacking a dear friend of mine. I was absolutely disgusted by this. At this moment, I am very angry with SOVA. I joined SOVA to help get the voice actors back and support them, not attack innocent people and start a war! Now, any bashing of any kind is not allowed on this forum. But that DOES NOT give you the right to bash people elsewhere! These antics are not only embarrassing SOVA, they're embarrassing the voice actors. That's right. If the voice actors were to see that members of SOVA were attacking innocent people, they'd feel horrible. I want something done about this, and I want it done now. If nothing will be done about this, or if I continue to see people making attacks like this, then I will have no choice but to resign from SOVA. I'm okay with supporting the original VAs, but I am NOT okay with attacking people. It must stop, and if it doesn't, then I see no point in helping SOVA anymore.

Last edited by Brian on 17th April 2008, 9:40 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Fixed topic title and added message; removed link)
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 4:06 pm

yes i totally agree!

i dont see how it's possible for anything to be accomplished if we are constantly suspecting and attacking each other.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 4:28 pm

Ah, yes, that's another thing I wanted to mention. I have seen quite a bit of "in-fighting" with SOVA. I noticed that some people were upset at Shane because he liked the new voices. I remember seeing somewhere (not on this forum) someone said that Shane was an evil traitor who works for SONVA/PUSA. This is REALLY getting out of hand guys. I don't see a problem with liking the new voices, but still trying to get the old ones back. Whatever happened to having the right of your own free opinion?
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 4:46 pm

i dont want to be the one that points out ppl

and i feel strange for saying this but there are some criticisms about numerous ppl....esp to lapras and ben. and dont get the idea that i'm sympathizing with ANYONE....but we need to trust each other more....and if we need to point out things like offtopicness, faking, or traitor....there are ways to be more respectful when doing so.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 5:48 pm

Alright, I've just gone from angry to enraged. You guys were going to take Satoshi-kun to court... FOR A FREAKING APRIL FOOLS JOKE!? What is wrong with you people!? This is exactly why SOVA is ridiculed so much! It's sickening! I am so ashamed of being a part of SOVA now, and if it weren't for this forum being private, I'd be too embarrassed to show my face anywhere on the internet! I've been busy with college lately, so I haven't been keeping up with SOVA lately, but when I was notified about this attack, I had to set my college stuff aside and come here to complain about the things you people are doing! I never agreed to this! It's horrible! I'm nearly crying my eyes out here because of what's become of SOVA! You people should be ashamed of yourselves for doing these things! It's just awful! I don't care if it's a member of SONVA, an innocent neutral person, or a fellow SOVA member. You have NO RIGHT to attack people like this!
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime5th April 2008, 6:00 pm

And you noticed how that topic got locked, just like this one is. I don't want a flame war to start. The discussion is closed and I will speak to Rocket Grunt and have him remove it. Thank you.

That being said, I'd like to draw your attention to this topic here.

Topic LOCKED
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:32 am

Sorry Brian, but at the request of Geoffrey - he insisted that I unlock this thread, as this is a very crucial topic which needs to be discussed.

First of all, can someone explain to me WHAT THE HECK just happened? I thought I made it perfectly clear to everyone in another thread that Sato's "That's How Pikachu Rolls" thing was just a joke for April Fools? Is there something I'm missing here? O_O

*waits for an explanation*
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:34 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Sorry Brian, but at the request of Geoffrey - he insisted that I unlock this thread, as this is a very crucial topic which needs to be discussed.

That's fine, you're the boss. ^^

First of all, can someone explain to me WHAT THE HECK just happened? I thought I made it perfectly clear to everyone in another thread that Sato's "That's How Pikachu Rolls" thing was just a joke for April Fools? Is there something I'm missing here? O_O

*waits for an explanation*

Did you make that thread or post here or at Bulbagarden? I must have missed it or something because I don't remember seeing anything like that.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:37 am

Of course I made that thread here (lol). You know Bulbagarden's policy on anything related to the VA discusion. XD

Anyway, see my post here: https://sova.forumotion.com/support-f4/sova-mocked-t103.htm

^ I noticed a fight was happening in this thread, and I made that post sometime last night, trying to explain to SOVA members it was all just a joke and to just move on.

But apparently, some people just can't take a joke, and so they take EVERYTHING seriously.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:39 am

Duh Very Happy God Brian, what the heck is that matter with you! I guess I'm getting on in age. Wink

Yeah, now I remember that post. In fact I deleted most of that topic except for your explaination. But since it really was only a joke and since you accept that as well being our leader than that must make it true. But I really think it's time to move on now...

Last edited by Brian on 6th April 2008, 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:43 am

I have erased all mention of the video from my LJ just as Brian told me. And I apologized for causing so much trouble for SOVA. Crying or Very sad

I didn't realize at the time that it was meant as a joke, but I see that now. I made a terrible mistake, and I hope that everyone can move past this misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:43 am

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure that the people who were arguing in that thread (mainly, Lapras87 and Rocket Grunt) fully understand this. And by now, they should be aware that the part in Sato's video about SOVA was only said as an April Fools joke. And that was it.

Geoffrey, you really have nothing to worry about. But hey, if you have something you need to say to me and Brian, then say it. ^^

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 6th April 2008, 3:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:44 am

But hey, if you have something you need to say to me and Brian, then say it. ^^
Yep, I'm all ears. ^^ BTW Lisa, I hope you noticed the topic I made about Bashing other members from here or other boards. I hate to sound like I'm the boss here but I'm certain it's something you would have wanted to say or me to say anyway. We really should establish some rules here though.

Last edited by Brian on 6th April 2008, 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:48 am

Honestly though, I'm pretty sure that the people who were arguing in that thread (mainly, Lapras87 and Rocket Grunt) fully understand this. And by now, they should be aware that the part in Sato's video about SOVA was only said as an April Fools joke. And that was it.

Geoffrey, you really have nothing to worry about. But hey, if you have something you need to say to me and Brian, then say it. ^^

Look at the post above. I know now that it was a total misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:50 am

Apology accepted, Rocket Grunt. You just need to be A LOT more careful what you post on your LJ. I'm sure you realize there are many people against our cause who, if given the perfect means and opportunity, would take anything that you say in your jounal - and they would twist those words and use this against SOVA in the worst possible ways.

Please, Rocket Grunt (and this goes for you too Lapras87) do NOT give people this chance to make SOVA look bad. Because that would make us have an even worse reputation than we already do have. And that is the last thing SOVA needs.

EDIT: We're all posting at the same time, lol. XD
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:53 am

I know, I can't keep up ^^ I don't know if you read my edit or not but I think we should write down some rules for the board here and post it in the news forum as a sticky or annoucement. What do you think Lisa?
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 3:59 am

Yeah, I really messed up on not getting that joke. Thanks for accepting my apology. Very Happy

I won't ever make a dumb mistake like that again.
In the future I'll be sure to ask for your guys opinion before posting something in my LJ
and I will try to be more aware of when people are only joking about us.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:00 am

That's awesome! I'm glad this happened in a sense. Now we all know now to be a little more careful from now on.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:16 am

You're welcome, Rocket Grunt. ^^

And yes, Brian, I agree - we need to lay down the rules for these forums.

Ooh, I have a perfect idea! You could just copy/paste the rules that Pie posted in the very first post of the SOVA thread on Bulbagarden (you might need to make a few edits/changes or something, but I'm pretty sure that would work fine). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:16 am

Okay, I'll do that!!
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:23 am

Thanks Lisa and Brian. I really appreciate this. Rocket Grunt, please, PLEASE don't do this again. I've seen SONVA members mocking SOVA because of your journal entries. Also, accusations such as this can get SOVA into legal problems. So don't do it anymore. Also, I don't want to see people jumping on others simply because they like the new voices. That includes you Lisa. I know you're the leader of SOVA, but that doesn't mean you can harp on people, especially fellow SOVA members, simply because they like Sarah more than Veronica. Everyone has the right to their own opinions, but everyone also has to respect the opinions of others as well. Thank you for addressing this problem. Oh, and I haven't heard anything from Lapras87, so you may want to make this clear to him as well.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:27 am

This might help as well with the problem, our new rules...

https://sova.forumotion.com/news-and-announcements-f1/sova-s-forum-rules-t109.htm
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:30 am

Geoff, mainly the only people who like Sarah that much are either neutral, or they've left SOVA already. Most people currently in SOVA don't like Sarah's acting much (if any), so obviously, there's gonna be some bashing going around (not towards Sarah Natochenny herself though, only towards her Ash voice and her acting). But don't worry, Brian and I will keep tabs on this, and make sure that SOVA members (mods and admins alike) don't flame each other's opinions, during times when people actually have a GOOD opinion about the new VAs. Very Happy

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 6th April 2008, 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime6th April 2008, 4:32 am

Sounds like a plan.

Brian and I will keep tabs on this, and make sure that SOVA members (mods and admins alike) don't flame each other's opinions, during times when people actually have a GOOD opinion about the new VAs.
It almost makes me sound like your right hand in that post ^^ Of course I'll keep tabs. I'm faster than lightning here. Very Happy It's nice to be useful!
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime9th April 2008, 4:13 pm

I'm late to the party, but it's worth pointing out:

If you've got an LJ, and you mention something in your post SONVA might get ahold of/mock, either ask yourself if you really need to post it, or use the wonderful "friends only" function on your entry. That's why it's there.

Also, Satoshi made a post on Bulbagarden where he explains himself:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=27855

(it's a few posts in)

It's hard to follow, but worth reading. Personally, the Team Rocket comparison flatters me. Sorta.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...   [solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]Members of SOVA, Something Must Be Done...
Page 1 of 1