Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread

Go down 
+4
Rocket Grunt
Lapras87
Tommy
Nekusagi
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Empty
PostSubject: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 12:13 pm

With Shane's going mercenary on us (heh), and my assumption of the role of promotion to Admin of these forums, I figured there'd be some need for a huge celebration introduction post. Since I'm the new boss fearless leader Lisa's co-administrator now, anyone got any ideas for how we can improve the forums/recruitment/etc?

What with the recent vacancies, I've decided to really push to revive SOVA and bring it back out there. And that is where I call upon you, my minions fellow SOVA members. I know introductions isn't the place for this, but this just seems a natural plotting brainstorming place. I'll try to listen and take seriously any feedback and in general, rebuild. (And yes, I suppose I COULD move this, but I'm lazy/like to gloat.)

So, fire away!

(Apologies to those who find my Team Rocket humor somewhat stupid. I'm quite aware of that, thank you. Also: Lisa, I'm not saying I'm any more an admin than you. I'm just trying to be funny.)
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 1:51 pm

Well, I'm not exactly sure what we need to do but I'll throw out some ideas that's been in my mind for a while.

1. We need to get serious people! We want to see results so we need to follow through on the projects that we started!!

2. Obviously we can't call/email PUSA anymore since it's getting us in trouble.

3. In my thread about "How much do you watch Pokemon" impact made a great suggestion so send feedback via the Cartoon Network website (not email, but a feedback form). I see possibility in this idea. Now things to remember when you do make feedback. (This is a big brainstorm here, I just tossing out ideas about this)

- Don't mention ANYTHING about being from Save Our Voice Actors, if they think we're just 'normal' viewers it might help the cause because I think a lot of people are getting fed up with us.
- With that said, mention the fact that you liked watching the older shows prior to Battle Frontier, but don't bring up the fact it's because of the voice actor change.
-The reason I say this is maybe PUSA will get the hint. Why? Well my thoughts are that if we send feedback like that to Cartoon Network maybe they'll contact PUSA and tell them about what the 'normal' fans want to see. (Sloppy thinking I know, but you get the idea.)
-People that emailed PUSA and used real names etc I'd use a different alias and email address when making feedback, just to make sure they don't know it's from us.

4. We really need to focus on our goal, how badly do we want the old voice actors back? If we wanted them back so badly then why is it we've been slacking off lately?

5. We need to find more people interested in the cause! More people = bigger voice.

6. We need to start acting NOW! As ker-plop mentioned this is moving into it's third year, we need to get focused and work now.

Last edited by Brian on 19th March 2008, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 3:36 pm

That's a good start.

We can move this if we want; I just want to restore some semblance of organization to SOVA and maybe address some of the issues ker-plop brought up.

And let people welcome me. And be creative.

By the way, as my first act as newly appointed SOVA boss admin, I'd like to say you're all welcome to link to the forums in your signatures elsewhere. (If this running joke gets annoying, please say so.)
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 4:15 pm

Hopefully a new admin will make us more successful.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 4:27 pm

Congratulations on your co-adminship! Shall we call you "Madam Boss?" Razz

Yes, we are entering year 3 of SOVA goodness. With all the shifting that happened after the end of season 10, we have a good window to make a change. If the rumor is true that season 11 starts up on April 12th our window is growing ever smaller.

Pokeyug has been doing a great job recruiting over youtube.

I think we can get in motion with some of our projects.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 6:42 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
That's a good start.
We can move this if we want; I just want to restore some semblance of organization to SOVA and maybe address some of the issues ker-plop brought up.
And let people welcome me. And be creative.
By the way, as my first act as newly appointed SOVA boss admin, I'd like to say you're all welcome to link to the forums in your signatures elsewhere. (If this running joke gets annoying, please say so.)
Lapras87 wrote:
Hopefully a new admin will make us more successful.

But let's not forget about Lisa guys. It's great we have Nekusagi who really wants to help make our goals more obtainable but I don't want to see our members push her under the rug since she's put a lot of work into this too. Okay? (BTW, I thought you were admin already Nekusagi.)

I'm glad you like my ideas Very Happy, but it's been things on my mind lately about our goals. Also I don't think your joke is old, we need humor around here when things get bad.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 7:27 pm

Yes. After all, Lisa's the real boss of this joint. Neku is just a co-admin.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 9:36 pm

Brian wrote:
Well, I'm not exactly sure what we need to do but I'll throw out some ideas that's been in my mind for a while.

1. We need to get serious people! We want to see results so we need to follow through on the projects that we started!!

2. Obviously we can't call/email PUSA anymore since it's getting us in trouble.

3. In my thread about "How much do you watch Pokemon" impact made a great suggestion so send feedback via the Cartoon Network website (not email, but a feedback form). I see possibility in this idea. Now things to remember when you do make feedback. (This is a big brainstorm here, I just tossing out ideas about this)

- Don't mention ANYTHING about being from Save Our Voice Actors, if they think we're just 'normal' viewers it might help the cause because I think a lot of people are getting fed up with us.
- With that said, mention the fact that you liked watching the older shows prior to Battle Frontier, but don't bring up the fact it's because of the voice actor change.
-The reason I say this is maybe PUSA will get the hint. Why? Well my thoughts are that if we send feedback like that to Cartoon Network maybe they'll contact PUSA and tell them about what the 'normal' fans want to see. (Sloppy thinking I know, but you get the idea.)
-People that emailed PUSA and used real names etc I'd use a different alias and email address when making feedback, just to make sure they don't know it's from us.

4. We really need to focus on our goal, how badly do we want the old voice actors back? If we wanted them back so badly then why is it we've been slacking off lately?

5. We need to find more people interested in the cause! More people = bigger voice.

6. We need to start acting NOW! As ker-plop mentioned this is moving into it's third year, we need to get focused and work now.

first of all.....plz call me "Kazuya" instead of one of the 10 different versions of my username lol. impactkhtennis_thewind is just my email address, and what i use for most things anyways...
but yea, i strongly agree with not mentioning us being SOVA.....and the VA's part.
but yes we do need more ppl.
and idk about you guys but i think one more admin would be great. i just lke the idea of 3 leaders....it just seems to fit.

btw, brian, i tried to PM you, but it hasnt been working on my PC for awhile....idk whats going on with it but u seem like a cool guy =]
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 11:57 pm

impactkhtennis_thewind wrote:
first of all.....plz call me "Kazuya"

Sure thing bud, I'll try and remember it. Very Happy

btw, brian, i tried to PM you, but it hasnt been working on my PC for awhile....idk whats going on with it but u seem like a cool guy =]

Awww... Well thanks Kazuya, I appreciate the nice comment. Tell you what, I'll try and PM you instead and see if you get it, if not I'll give you my email address. It's also possble that you might not have enabled private messaging but I'm not sure if the board lets you turn it on or off.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 3:35 am

To add to what's already been said (and by the way, those are some GREAT ideas, Brian!), here's a few things I thought of....

1. Starting up the SOVAcast again would probably be great for recruitment as well (especially if we were to COMBINE it with a video/slideshow which has work that the original VAs have done). Then we could put it up on YouTube or something! ^_^

2. Before letting Cartoon Network know that we want the VAs back and stuff....I think we should DEFINITELY suggest that the fans in general would love for them to reair seasons 1 through 8. Then, once they know that a lot of people want the 4Kids dub to be reaired, this alone should help them realize how many fans want the original VAs back! Very Happy

3. Anyone who's planning to go to anime cons should definitely pass out SOVA flyers there!

4. If anyone wants to contribute to the Noodle Project and you haven't already done so, please help! But you have to hurry! Season 11 will be airing on CN soon (if it's true that they're airing it on April 12th). By the way, you can either buy as many boxes of noodles as you can (and then send the boxes to me), or you can give me money so that I can buy them over here (so far, I'll be receiving money from 2 members - so this might be a better option to give me a check - which I'll use to buy the noodles).
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 9:45 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
To add to what's already been said (and by the way, those are some GREAT ideas, Brian!), here's a few things I thought of....

1. Starting up the SOVAcast again would probably be great for recruitment as well (especially if we were to COMBINE it with a video/slideshow which has work that the original VAs have done). Then we could put it up on YouTube or something! ^_^

2. Before letting Cartoon Network know that we want the VAs back and stuff....I think we should DEFINITELY suggest that the fans in general would love for them to reair seasons 1 through 8. Then, once they know that a lot of people want the 4Kids dub to be reaired, this alone should help them realize how many fans want the original VAs back! Very Happy

3. Anyone who's planning to go to anime cons should definitely pass out SOVA flyers there!

4. If anyone wants to contribute to the Noodle Project and you haven't already done so, please help! But you have to hurry! Season 11 will be airing on CN soon (if it's true that they're airing it on April 12th). By the way, you can either buy as many boxes of noodles as you can (and then send the boxes to me), or you can give me money so that I can buy them over here (so far, I'll be receiving money from 2 members - so this might be a better option to give me a check - which I'll use to buy the noodles).

We should put SOVAcast on itunes. CN should also reair the 4kids seasons like toon disney does with pokemon films 4 through 7.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 10:51 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:

Thanks Lisa! You have some great ideas yourself. I especially like the one about going to the anime convention and passing out flyers. Here's what I see in this as well. If Veronica Taylor is attending that particular convention, it'll show her that we're still interested and willing to get her and all the other original cast members back. I'd also like to see the SOVAcast video. I also strongly suggest that everyone who is able to financially participate in the noodle project to do so. However unless Lisa has already figured out a plan with the noodles, I'm trying to figure out a way myself of what we should do. Should we send a letter explaining what the noodles are for/represent? Should we just drop the noodles off and leave it at that? However we can't give them the satisfaction of us quiting, that's for sure. Anybody else who has any ideas of any kind please post them here. Of course I missed the darn mail today and my mom has my car so I can't run my contribution down to the post office either. Mad (I'm one of the two members sending money ^_^)

I just had another thought. Now maybe it's not a smart idea but I just thought I'd toss this one in. Should we drop the Save Our Voice Actors (SOVA) line all together? Should we come up with a different name for our group. Should we portray ourselves more as regular fans rather than SOVA members because I really think that Pokemon USA has had it with us and are still less likely to listen to us. Maybe we could make this like our little discussion place and even though we stick together as a group, we pretend to act as individuals, kind of pull the wool over their eyes so to speak. I don't know if it's an idea anyone likes but in this time we need all the thoughts and ideas we can get.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 9:30 pm

^^
"dropping the name SOVA" that doesnt sound like a bad idea Brian, but i still feel like its important to have a dedicated and actual organization as a base. But I think reducing our "signature" (not saying that what were doing is for/from/about SOVA) would be a lot better. Not only has PUSA had it with us, i think many other pkmn fans get the wrong impression of us. I mean, just look at all the other forums we started on the other fanbases and they all got deleted. I think the next time we talk about VA's somehow, we shouldnt mention ourselves as SOVA becuz unfortunately, i think it will just provoke arguments and bad reputations.

also on the noodleproject, I think it will be wise on the letter or whatever were sending the purpose on.....if we say the project is all SOVA, then it might not be as successful. then if we say its no-SOVA related, then it will be plain random and weird and suspicious. I think a great and wise solution would be to say that....many pokemonfans SOVA and nonSOVA know about the noodles in the last ep...blah blah blah. the fans decided that through using SOVA it would be a great way to send noodles and convey a collective impetus from SOVA and nonSOVA alike. (too bad its prolly a lie)
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 9:33 pm

Since there is a company called SOVA, be sure to spell out what it means. That is, print "Save Our Voice Actors" before printing SOVA so you're not causing confusion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 12:35 am

^^
"dropping the name SOVA" that doesnt sound like a bad idea Brian, but i still feel like its important to have a dedicated and actual organization as a base. But I think reducing our "signature" (not saying that what were doing is for/from/about SOVA) would be a lot better. Not only has PUSA had it with us, i think many other pkmn fans get the wrong impression of us. I mean, just look at all the other forums we started on the other fanbases and they all got deleted. I think the next time we talk about VA's somehow, we shouldnt mention ourselves as SOVA becuz unfortunately, i think it will just provoke arguments and bad reputations.
Yes! This is what I'm talking about. I'm not sure about other Pokemon fans getting the wrong impression with us though since a lot of them gave us a chance until the rumor of people being sued started. Pokemon USA really is far to simple and easy to figure out and they are only trying to scare people. They have no intention in trying to find out who we are especially since that would be an invasion of privacy.

ker-plop wrote:
Since there is a company called SOVA, be sure to spell out what it means. That is, print "Save Our Voice Actors" before printing SOVA so you're not causing confusion.
I agree 100%, I can't remember what the company was called nor do I really care, but we should make sure we make ourselves clear. (I better watch it though, I getting into one of my moods again. silent I get like this when I think too hard, sorry.)
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 5:57 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:

Now that you mention it...

The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Madamboss1

Those are all great ideas, by the way.

And on another note, why the hell can't I get into the News forum? It keeps telling me I need "special permission". I'm a bloody admin!
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime21st March 2008, 6:23 pm

Possibly because even though you're an admin, proper permissions aren't set so that you can post in that forum. It's an easy fix though but I'd need to be admin to see for myself which I'm not.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 3:40 pm

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime25th March 2008, 1:57 am

Nekusagi wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:

Now that you mention it...

The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Madamboss1

Those are all great ideas, by the way.

And on another note, why the hell can't I get into the News forum? It keeps telling me I need "special permission". I'm a bloody admin!

Gasp! Neku really is Madam Boss! Awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread   The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new boss...cough... admin... Neku!/brainstorming thread
Page 1 of 1