Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice

Go down 
+7
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Rocket Grunt
Lapras87
Trainer Rachel
maddiejoan
Pokémon Trainer Shane
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2008, 1:52 am

I posted my last posts from my Wii, so they are a little sloppy. Not a he by the way.

The I really don't like this idea... haven't the VAs always told us that PUSA and CN were the ones we need to contact? I really don't think Nintendo can change the show since they are only in charge of the games.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2008, 11:09 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
I really don't think Nintendo can change the show since they are only in charge of the games.

They own PUSA. Pretty much, they can change the anime too.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th January 2008, 2:56 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
I posted my last posts from my Wii, so they are a little sloppy. Not a he by the way.
Oddly enough, that was my first guess.

Anyway, I'm starting to not think this is the best idea right now...
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th January 2008, 9:32 pm

I do hope that P Trainer uses some totally different voice for Brawl. Maybe a real 10 year old boy.

Honestly, if we had started this campaign a couple months ago, we would have had a pretty good chance to succeed. But now I don't think there is enough time.

HOWEVER, we still may be able to use Nintendo to help us. If we get enough people to call and explain the situation, since they own PUSA, perhaps they can help.
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st January 2008, 12:03 pm

maddiejoan wrote:
Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
IMPORTANT UPDATE!

Call 1-800-255-3700! It's Nintendo's toll-free customer service line. Tell the reps you DO NOT want Sarah Natochenny to play the Pokémon Trainer, tell them you'd prefer Veronica Taylor or the Japanese voice instead!

I did this with Save Sonic (ironically trying to get rid of his 4Kids voice in favour of his old Sega voice), and it worked! Post YouTube videos with the number and some comparisons! We were able to get 2000+ phonecalls for Save Sonic, and we succeeded! Well...almost. Nintendo had a meeting with Sega over Sonic's voice, and we're not sure about the results yet. We'll find out when the game is released. But if Nintendo listened to us before, they're bound to listen now!

I'm sure the Pokémon Trainer is calling out the names of the attacks and everything!

This is BAD...was Pokémon Trainer playable in the English demos back in October?

And is that Riku I hear?

They better not use Sarah. Sarah Natochenny and Jason Griffith in the same game is like...a nightmare. They better have a Japanese voice option if we don't succeed!

Can someone send an message to Sarah, asking her if she recorded anything for Smash Bros.?

While you're at it --tell them that the only Meowth you want in Smash Brother is Maddie's Meowth.

yes --I know I'm being self-serving here.

The Girl can't help it. :::smile::::

*LOL* Oh, you're the only true Meowth anyways. ^_^

Ooh! I wanna call! I just wish I wasn't so shy on the phone...T___T

I'd probably faint or something....
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime21st January 2008, 8:48 pm

I think they're using the Pokémon cries instead of the anime voices this time, to stray away from anime references...
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd January 2008, 4:54 pm

I wasn't sure if I should start a thread like this, or post it here, but since this seems a general Smash Bros thread now...

Jigglypuff's apparently in Brawl. Discuss.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd January 2008, 7:12 pm

Let me guess... Michelle Knotz. They better use Rachael, her singing voice was the best. If I don't hear Rachael as Jigglypuff, I would cry.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime22nd January 2008, 7:40 pm

I would *assume* they'd just recycle the clips from Jiggly's past appearances. Isn't that what they do?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime23rd January 2008, 1:14 am

Mmhmm. *nods*

Yeah, I don't think Nintendo would wanna risk making fans angry by giving Jigglypuff a new voice (which believe me, if the voice was done improperly, fans would see this as being very odd and would probably not like hearing it).

As for Pokemon Trainer's voice, I would really love it if they used Veronica Taylor to play him. Yes, I realize that he's not exactly Ash, but his outfit and hair are both very similar to Ash - so if she used her same Ash voice to play the trainer, to me that would be like Veronica was playing Ash again.

And, if we were to be successful in convincing Nintendo to get Veronica to voice Pokemon Trainer, then they could easily get her to voice Ash in the anime as well. All they would need to do is pull a few strings with Pokemon USA, and everything would be set in place.

You know, I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. But I'm going to say it anyway....

In Advanced Challenge, during the episode "Lights, Camerupt, Action", Ash had a flashback about a movie he and Gary saw when they were little. Apparently, this movie was about a group of traveling trainers. But anyway, this particular movie was actually a parody of the Pokemon manga. Because it had the character Red in it (from one of the manga - I think it was Pokemon Adventures). And guess who voiced Red? That's right! It was Veronica! ^_^

She used her exact same Ash voice for Red, pretty much. Now I'm not saying that Pokemon Trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green is the same character as Red. But, what I'm trying to say is that, since Veronica has voiced Ash and Red so far, and if Nintendo finds out that Veronica did an AWESOME job voicing Red (in his only anime appearence), then they might decide that they want Veronica to voice Pokemon Trainer in SSBB.

Of course, that's just my theory. But I think it might work. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime27th January 2008, 12:06 am

Lapras87 wrote:
EDIT: I called Nintendo at about 7:45 and they seemed to understand. They are nice people who make me forget about Larry. They said (kind of like what they said to Save Sonic) that if they got enough calls, they would get PUSA to change the cast for the anime and the games (including Brawl). I'll call DuArt tomorrow. So, everyone, keep on calling Nintendo.
According to this post from Lapras in the TAJ thread, all we have to do is call and the original voice actors are saved for both the games and the anime! Nintendo is so awesome to listen to the fans! It seems they can make PUSA bring the cast back DEFINITELY, if the fans want it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime4th February 2008, 11:38 pm

English video with Pokemon Trainer:
http://www.g4tv.com/pile_player.aspx?fromPilePlayer=true&video_key=20115

Hard to hear, but I don't think it's Sarah.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th February 2008, 8:10 am

I'm afraid to look.

NOT SARAH IN BRAWL TOO!
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th February 2008, 2:49 pm

I can confirm now that is is not Sarah. It almost sounds like Veronica's original Ash voice back in the early Kanto episodes.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th February 2008, 5:08 pm

Phew....

Oh thank goodness!

I'm so relieved that Sarah will NOT be voicing Pokemon Trainer! ^_^

Though, I hate to say it, but I would guess that by this point in time, it might be too late to convince Nintendo to get Veronica to voice Pokemon Trainer. Afterall, the game comes out March 9th (I think). So that only leaves about a month for them to get the game ready for release....

Of course, even if that were true, we could still call Nintendo to let them know that we want the original VAs back on the Pokemon anime (and we should also tell them how Pokemon USA and DuArt has treated us, when we call them).
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime5th February 2008, 5:40 pm

I think that's the best thing to do. Pokeyug informed me on this DuArt business. I can't believe what children we have working out there.

BTW Lisa, I love your new sigpic. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 2:39 am

So can we now stop with this total waste of energy and focus on what our core goal has always been from day one?
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:09 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl-DGPQ5MH0

Watch near the end.

Hmm... it appears I could've been wrong. Doesn't that sound like Sarah? (back when her voice was really deep)
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:23 pm

That is definitely not Sarah's voice.

Like I suspected, since the trainer is not Ash they used a voice with no connection to the Ash character.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:33 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
That is definitely not Sarah's voice.

Like I suspected, since the trainer is not Ash they used a voice with no connection to the Ash character.
You really think so? It sounds a lot like Sarah back earlier in the series, before she started to actually yell the battle commands.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:51 pm

the clip is way too short for a real 100% but it doesn't sound like Sarah at all to me. the voice is deeper than Sarahs.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:54 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
the clip is way too short for a real 100% but it doesn't sound like Sarah at all to me. the voice is deeper than Sarahs.
Definitely deeper than it is now, but do you remember how deep it was at the end of BF/early DP? It was do deep, it was bad... like... this voice...

Regardless, the voice doesn't sound too good here. I'll probably end up playing on Japanese audio since a lot of the English voices suck.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:59 pm

Jason Griffith and Sarah Natochenny in one game really stinks.

EDIT: You can't play with Japanese audio. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 2:16 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:
Definitely deeper than it is now, but do you remember how deep it was at the end of BF/early DP? It was do deep, it was bad... like... this voice...

Regardless, the voice doesn't sound too good here. I'll probably end up playing on Japanese audio since a lot of the English voices suck.

I remember, and I don't think Sarah is capable of a voice that deep, Veronica maybe but Sarah? Not a chance she could get that deep. It's not Sarah. There is one more bit of proof which is that Sarah would have put it on her myspace if she voiced any characters in Brawl. She put up the voice she did in Bullet witch. So it is not her, but it's not really a victory for us because it was never going to be her. If Ash Ketchum was in brawl we would have had to fight to keep Sarah out.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 2:19 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Jason Griffith and Sarah Natochenny in one game really stinks.

EDIT: You can't play with Japanese audio. Sorry.
That's just a rumor. If that is true, I will do something very, VERY bad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice   Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokémon Trainer's Japanese Voice
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next