Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Can you really get me my job back?

Go down 
+15
PokemonTrainerLisa
PikachuL41
Lapras87
Nekusagi
offkilter06
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Aipom Fan
szlemm
aaron122894
iEatPikachuForLunch
metfan5695
Tommy
Snorlax
Mitch
Gligar13
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 10:57 am

Snorlax wrote:
Hey, you probably can't say, but any news on Viva Pinata? It hasn't been on Saturday mornings (Sunday) and there hasn't been any new episodes. I love your role as Langston! Very Happy

Thanks. New episodes should start airing in the Fall.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Also, have you heard anything about the Veronica Taylor rumor? Apparently she's back as Ash and the episodes will start airing in September. Any way you can confirm/deny this? If you could get in contact with Veronica herself, that would be great =]

First I'm hearing of it. I have no idea when I'll be back at DuArt and/or run into Ms. Taylor, but I'll ask if I see anyone.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 12:00 pm

itsamike wrote:
However, for most of the past 15 years, I worked at a radio syndication company as my full-time day job, where, most recently, I was writing content for their radio showprep services. For reasons too numerous to mention -- including, in part, all the time I spent out of the office recording cartoons, commercials and all my other jobs -- a few months ago they decided they didn't want me doing that anymore, and they let me go, which is the nice way to say I was fired.
I see. So that's what happened....

I'm very sorry to hear that this radio company, where you worked for the past 15 years, decided to fire you like that. That's terrible! No

Companies can be so disrespectful, you know.

itsamike wrote:
I'd ask you all to send the management there what the fine folks at The Consumerist call an Executive E-Mail Carpet Bomb, but in retrospect, I have no real desire to go back there, since the job had reached unbearable levels of tedium and had become unbelievably time-consuming, and I'm sure they have no desire to re-hire me, since they've already replaced me with someone else (Hmmmm, what anime casting situation does that remind you of?).
Okay, that sounds like a good idea to me!

Mr. Pollock, if you really want us to try this, we would be glad to send an Executive E-Mail Carpet Bomb to the management over there. ^_^

Just let us know what you plan on doing, whether you've changed your mind, or whether you definitely want to try this. If so, then we'll see what we can do. Very Happy

itsamike wrote:
First I'm hearing of it. I have no idea when I'll be back at DuArt and/or run into Ms. Taylor, but I'll ask if I see anyone.
Yay! Thanks for all of your help, Mike! I appreciate it. ^_^

And of course, I'm anxious to find out if this rumor about Veronica Taylor is really true.

I don't know whether it's true or false. But I'm hoping that it's true, because that would be awesome!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Linkpre

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 12:18 pm

Nice to actually meet a professional voice actor. I hope you have fun around here, I'm sure the SOVA members will do what they can to help you out with you job problems.

I also must say I loved your work in Pokemon and Sonic X. You have a very likable voice for most of your characters.
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 1:19 pm

I thought the whole Veronica rumor was resolved?

itsamike wrote:
Thanks. New episodes should start airing in the Fall.

Awesome! Can't wait. Smile
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 4:26 pm

Snorlax wrote:
Not really....

Myself and a few others have good reason to believe the rumor is true, though.

However, the majority of people believe it's false. And we won't be able to convince anyone unless we can obtain actual evidence to confirm the rumor.

Of course, being the optimistic person that I am, I'm gonna continue believing the rumor is true, until I find evidence which proves it is false.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 8:30 am

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Snorlax wrote:
Not really....

Myself and a few others have good reason to believe the rumor is true, though.

However, the majority of people believe it's false. And we won't be able to convince anyone unless we can obtain actual evidence to confirm the rumor.

Of course, being the optimistic person that I am, I'm gonna continue believing the rumor is true, until I find evidence which proves it is false.

Way to be positive Lisa! Very Happy I still have faith that Veronica will be back soon too...

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 2:06 pm

With any luck it isn't just a rumor and fact if it is fact then its one step closer the SOVA goal
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 3:09 pm

Well, we could basically confirm/deny it if we knew what the August 30 episode is titled. It's the Dustox one, and apparently is to be titled "Dustox in the Wind" by the people who say Veronica is back. If we could somehow find that out...
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 4:22 pm

I see. Well, even though I do doubt, because of what Maddie said, I'm hoping too.

How far advance are titles announced? Must keep a look out. Smile
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 5:02 pm

Dub titles are announced 2 weeks before airing.
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime29th July 2008, 5:07 pm

guess we'll find out on the 30 of august then hope she's bak
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 1:20 am

Snorlax wrote:
I see. Well, even though I do doubt, because of what Maddie said, I'm hoping too.
Well, back when you guys had that talk with Maddie - no one thought about asking her when she spoke with Veronica last....

So, I'm just saying, it's possible that Maddie simply hadn't heard the news yet because Veronica was hired so recently.

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Well, we could basically confirm/deny it if we knew what the August 30 episode is titled. It's the Dustox one, and apparently is to be titled "Dustox in the Wind" by the people who say Veronica is back. If we could somehow find that out...
*nods* I agree! ^^

As soon as we find out the title of the Dustox episode, we'll finally have our answer confirmed/denied.

Though, I figure it will be quite a while until the title of this particular episode is revealed. Because, as of right now, there are 3 other episodes that we still need titles for (including the Chingling episode, and the two Riolu episodes). And those 3 episodes come right before the Dustox one.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 1:38 am

Oh, Mike, if you wouldn't mind, there was something some friends of mine wanted me to ask you.

Rumor has it that Amy Palant left 4Kids. Is that true?
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 3:18 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Well, back when you guys had that talk with Maddie - no one thought about asking her when she spoke with Veronica last....

So, I'm just saying, it's possible that Maddie simply hadn't heard the news yet because Veronica was hired so recently.

Oh, I didn't even take that into account. Apologies.

Hey Mike, not to bother with more questions, but... Have you ever done voice work for SpongeBob Squarepants? I swear, there's one episode about Patrick getting his song sung by a famous person, and it sounds close to your Langston voice.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 6:34 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Rumor has it that Amy Palant left 4Kids. Is that true?

Like me, Amy never has been a 4Kids employee. We're independent contractors -- we work for many different companies simultaneously, so the term "left" doesn't really apply. Either Amy or 4Kids could have decided to sever their relationship with each other, but I have no idea if that has happened.

Snorlax wrote:
Have you ever done voice work for SpongeBob Squarepants? I swear, there's one episode about Patrick getting his song sung by a famous person, and it sounds close to your Langston voice.

Nope. I'm on the East Coast and Bikini Bottom is on the West, and seldom the twain shall meet. I'd love to work for SpongeBob, of course, but I've never been asked. And if someone has stolen one of my voices, I'll get my attorney on the phone. Seriously, my son watches SpongeBob constantly. I'll keep an ear out for that episode.
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime30th July 2008, 6:44 pm

Haha, Mike! Smile That's a shame though, I could've sworn it was you. The title for the episode is "Sing a Song of Patrick". Here is a link to actual episode: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2884682/8284163

Let me know what you think. ^^

Edit: according to this link, the song was performed by Eban Schletter. Huh, never heard of this person. http://spongebob.wikia.com/wiki/Twinkle%2C_Twinkle%2C_Patrick_Star
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st July 2008, 12:11 am

Snorlax,

Eban Schletter is, in fact, an actual recording artist, with more CDs in print than I have. It turns out I had seen that epsiode, but hadn't made the connection.

I can see how you would have mistaken him Eban for Langston, but Langston's singing voice is just a tad higher. In fact, there's a sample in the Viva Pińata episode entitled My Pal Langston in Season 1 [He sings in Act 2, but watch the whole episode -- it's very good!].
Back to top Go down
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime31st July 2008, 2:16 pm

That's a different episode, but I was able to find "My Pal Langston" a few roles down. Listening closely, yeah, the pitch is a little higher. Darn! Wink I love that episode, though. (Haven't seen it in a while)

Thanks for correcting me, and giving me that site for Eban... I had no idea he was involved in so many things I've watched. Wow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you really get me my job back?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2