Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Can you really get me my job back?

Go down 
+15
PokemonTrainerLisa
PikachuL41
Lapras87
Nekusagi
offkilter06
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Aipom Fan
szlemm
aaron122894
iEatPikachuForLunch
metfan5695
Tommy
Snorlax
Mitch
Gligar13
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Can you really get me my job back? Empty
PostSubject: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 7:45 pm

Hi, All.

I was personally invited to join the forum, so here I am.

I'm touched by your attempts to give the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again, even though now that the non-compete period has expired, that's not a problem for most of us. I have mixed emotions about the idea of giving us our original roles back, since my original role -- the narrator -- was never really mine to begin with. I replaced the first guy, and now he has his old job back.

However, if you'd really like to help me get a job back, since I lost my day job a few months ago, how about starting an e-mail campaign to bombard my former bosses to re-hire me there. It has nothing to do with Pokémon , though, so it may be beyond the scope of your efforts.

Thanks!

--Mike
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 7:48 pm

Hi Mike! Welcome to SOVA Forums!
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

Male Number of posts : 365
User Title : 暁 ミッチ ザ 物堅い
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 7:55 pm

Hey Mike welcome to the SOVA! We're really happy that you joined SOVA. You were an awesome narrator. Well you are the original Mr. Contesta who you should be playing.

You lost your job from where 4kids or DuArt? I'll try and help in any way.

By the way, I'm Mitch the guy who invited you. If you have any questions ask me.
Back to top Go down
http://raybound.com
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 8:01 pm

Hey Mike!! Smile It's really great seeing another Pokémon VA around these parts. Say, you haven't forgotten Mr. Contesta, right? Although I can totally see where you're coming from with being the voice of the Narrator, Mr. Contesta was always yours. I really, really miss you voicing him. I've only heard the new voice a few times, but he just sounds too fake.

Hey, you probably can't say, but any news on Viva Pinata? It hasn't been on Saturday mornings (Sunday) and there hasn't been any new episodes. I love your role as Langston! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 8:05 pm

I got a question Mr. Pollock. How come you use the name Herb Lawrence? I'm just curious
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 9:06 pm

Wow!!! Mike Pollock!! It's an honor to have you on our forums and I extend my warmest welcome to you! Very Happy

I'm Brian and I'm one of the SOVA leaders and a huge fan of the Pokemon dub, as done by 4Kids with you and all the other original actors/actresses. I look forward to seeing you online and maybe in the chatbox sometime!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
metfan5695
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
metfan5695

Female Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 9:11 pm

Welcome to SOVA! As long as you're on the forums (or even if you decide to leave for any reason) you can ask us and we'll always be there to help you!
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 11:15 pm

This is awesome! Now we have two voice actors supporting us!

I'll fight for you for sure!
Back to top Go down
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 11:55 pm

Welcome to SOVA, Mike!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime25th July 2008, 11:58 pm

Glad to have you on board mike, IM sure all of us on Sova are more than happy to help get your job back! was it 4kids or duart?
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 12:13 am

itsamike wrote:

However, if you'd really like to help me get a job back, since I lost my day job a few months ago, how about starting an e-mail campaign to bombard my former bosses to re-hire me there. It has nothing to do with Pokémon , though, so it may be beyond the scope of your efforts.

Thanks!

--Mike

Wait, what!? What happened? Did you loose your job with 4Kids? I guess that's a question alot of us would like to know...

And by the way, it's me (Ash Ketchum) from MySpace. It's so great to have you apart of our SOVA campaign and forums. It's really an honor of ours to have you here with us. We want you to know that we will try everything in our power to get back your job with whom you lossed it with. Very Happy

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 12:44 am

He lost his day job.

What are their emails? Very Happy

Welcome, Mike! I'm Shane, and I wish you played Contesta again, the new one sounds too real. XD
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 1:57 am

Sounds like something doable. Care to give us some background info/contact info
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 2:30 am

Hiii, Mike!

(waves)

I'm Neku, one of the founding SOVA members... Me and Lisa more or less run things around here. Anywaaaaaaay... welcome. Any technical questions should be forwarded to Brian, who knows far more about these matters than us mere mortals, and in fact, gets paid to do so, and any question questions me and Lisa.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 10:03 am

Hi Mike! It's great to have yet another original VA (besides Maddie) on here.
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 11:04 am

Great to have you on borad
have you got any email details for your idea
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime26th July 2008, 12:06 pm

itsamike wrote:
Hi, All.

I was personally invited to join the forum, so here I am.
Hello Mike!

I'm sure you remember me, since we used to talk quite often! ^_^

Of course, I don't use AIM much anymore. Nowadays I use MSN and Mirc to speak with my friends. So that would explain my absence.

Anyway, thank you so much for joining the SOVA forums! It means a lot to us that you, another Pokemon VA, is here to speak with us and support our campaign. Very Happy

itsamike wrote:
However, if you'd really like to help me get a job back, since I lost my day job a few months ago, how about starting an e-mail campaign to bombard my former bosses to re-hire me there.

I see....so you lost your day job. That's not good! =(

Well then, in that case, we will certainly do whatever we can to help you get your job back. This can be a nice little side-project for us. ^^

So, can you give us any details about the place who fired you? Like an address, or even a phone number? That would help us out a lot!!

itsamike wrote:
It has nothing to do with Pokémon , though, so it may be beyond the scope of your efforts.

Thanks!
Oh, of course it doesn't have anything to do with Pokemon.

But, I feel it would be absolutely wonderful if we can help you out, Mike!

Afterall, making sure that the original VAs get their jobs back is our first priority here at SOVA! ^_^

Now obviously, I can't promise you anything Mike, as I'm not sure if we'll actually be successful with this side-project. But, I can assure you that everyone here will try their best to assist you and get your day job back. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 11:40 am

Welcome to SOVA, Dr. Robotnik. ^-^
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 8:36 pm

Hi, All....

Just a little clarification: With a couple of notable exceptions that I'm not at liberty to discuss, most of the voice actors on Pokémon -- and most other animated shows, for that matter -- are independent contractors. In my case, my work at 4Kids, DuArt, and the other studios for which I record, are freelance jobs. I'm paid only for the time I'm there to record (usually only a few hours a week), and they don't provide traditional full-time benefits, like health insurance. That's part of the reason why I can work at so many different places doing so many different things. As far as I know, I'm still on the payroll at both 4Kids and DuArt, so not to worry.

However, for most of the past 15 years, I worked at a radio syndication company as my full-time day job, where, most recently, I was writing content for their radio showprep services. For reasons too numerous to mention -- including, in part, all the time I spent out of the office recording cartoons, commercials and all my other jobs -- a few months ago they decided they didn't want me doing that anymore, and they let me go, which is the nice way to say I was fired.

I'd ask you all to send the management there what the fine folks at The Consumerist call an Executive E-Mail Carpet Bomb, but in retrospect, I have no real desire to go back there, since the job had reached unbearable levels of tedium and had become unbelievably time-consuming, and I'm sure they have no desire to re-hire me, since they've already replaced me with someone else (Hmmmm, what anime casting situation does that remind you of?). Just so you're aware, the radio syndication firm has absolutely nothing to do with animation of any kind, so the loss of that gig will have no effect on my future voice-over work.

And a special message to darkblade09: Going by the name Herb Lawrence was a lame attempt to get one over on the Unemployment Benefits people, hoping they wouldn't know I was raking in the freelance bucks while also collecting my paltry weekly benefits. I've since learned that I can still earn some self-employment money with it being a big problem, so the pseudonym should disappear from the credits of several shows in the very near future. Sorry for any inconvienience.

--Mike
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 9:37 pm

ZOMG IT'S DR. EGGMAN What a Face

Hehe, sorry this is a bit late, but welcome Mr. Pollock! ^^ Really glad you could join us here. Dunno if you remember me from myspace, but anyways...

About the e-mail carpet bomb... heh heh, if you really did want us to go through with it, don't worry - I got quite a bit of experience in that area. Wink

Also wanted to say I really respect your stand on the whole narrator thing, since, as you said, the original guy actually has his role back now. But hey, I wouldn't really mind it either way - you're both cool in my books Very Happy

Also, have you heard anything about the Veronica Taylor rumor? Apparently she's back as Ash and the episodes will start airing in September. Any way you can confirm/deny this? If you could get in contact with Veronica herself, that would be great =]

Side note - I was visiting your website the other day and I was cracking up at the Phautographs section Razz You've got a real sense of humor!

For those who don't know what it says...
"Be the first (and only) on your block to own an autographed photo, or Phautograph™, of Mike!
Wanna impress your friends? Get a fancy car.
Wanna impress yourself? Get a Phautograph™ of Mike Pollock!"
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 9:40 pm

I don't get it - if you do not desire to get your job back, then why do you want us to carpet bomb 'em?
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 9:42 pm

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
I don't get it - if you do not desire to get your job back, then why do you want us to carpet bomb 'em?
Because...

THIS

IS

SPARTA

Actually, I think he's just having second thoughts.

Oh, another thing to add, I absolutely cannot wait to hear you, Mike, as Dr. Eggman in the upcoming Sonic Unleashed!! I saw part of the opening cutscene and it looks absolutely amazing O____O
(yes, I'm a Sonic freak XP)
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime27th July 2008, 11:39 pm

Sucks to hear about the job, Mike. But if they were jerks, perhaps it is all for the better (although it is a sucky situation all around). Hopefully you'll find something that fits you a little better. You have tons of talent and I'm sure you'll find something else to help bring in some dough.

Good luck! If you ever need anything, just let us know. We're a small group, but we have lots of heart!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 10:55 am

Sorry, that you lost your job. As what offkilter said, there is something better that will come to you.

I'll try to help
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime28th July 2008, 10:55 am

Welcome Mike! You probably remember me from the emails we exchanged!

And I would be more than happy to help get your job back! Just tell me who to email!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can you really get me my job back?   Can you really get me my job back? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can you really get me my job back?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next