Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Why Are Some Forums here...

Go down 
+6
Rocket Grunt
Pokémon Trainer Shane
impactkhtennis_thewind
offkilter06
ampharos181
Jotaro
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jotaro

Jotaro

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Why Are Some Forums here... Empty
PostSubject: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:28 pm

Closed off?

Do I have to go through some hazing ritual first to get in? Razz
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:35 pm

Hi Jotaro! And welcome to SOVA.

I have the same problem too. I believe it might have to do with SONVA spies coming onto this board. So they've closed off the SOVA related forums to some members, until they know they can be fully trusted.
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:36 pm

Uh...okay.

A fanbased faction sends out spies...accomplishes what?
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:43 pm

You have to post in the introduction thread before you can have full access Very Happy

At least that's what I think Lisa told me....

So did posting here fix it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:51 pm

Not for me....
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:52 pm

I dunno, shouldn't SOVA be more...open?

I mean, that's usually a good idea for protests.
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 4:57 pm

Maybe? But look what being open did to the Bulbagarden branch of SOVA. They shut down our most effective branch after we posted there what we discussed here (though it looks like SONVA also had something to do with it).

IMO, it's better to be as discreet as possible (even if it may be at my own expense).
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 5:00 pm

BMG closed us down because we were a possible liability to them.

If Duart sued like they claimed, who would they go after? A top-secret forum they can't even see, or BMG which is vocal?
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime17th February 2008, 9:47 pm

well....im pretty sure it will just take some time

have patience.....i think we just want to make sure we have good members and people who are honest
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 1:07 am

That welcome thread thing was only actually active in the first day of this forum...Lisa just...tends to forget everytime I make the correction. XD
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 3:02 am

It's really not a bad thing that we lost the BMG branch. Too many naysayers and people from SONVA were spying on us there. With this forums we can control our information! Nothing gets out and our plans can't be spoiled. We have to watch out for spies, which is why new members need to be checked out before getting into our forums.
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 7:57 am

Er...spies?

That sounds really paranoid. I don't think SONVA has any "spies" who would harm the campaign. I mean, because have you seen the SONVA thread on SPPF? They never do anything really.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 9:56 am

They do things to stop us all the time. Because they have no lives and yes they would and probally did send spies to our forums.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 10:27 am

Anyway, who is Bob H? I see him on these forums, and he acts suspicious. He never posts, and always just lurks around reading these forums. I have a feeling he was sent here by SONVA. I'm worried.

And read their SPPf thread. They have a lot of discussion about our private forums there.

Anyway, they're always trying to stop us. When they find out we're contacting a certain company (DuArt, Nintendo, PUSA, etc.) they will immediately pick up the phone and tell the company that we are no good and not to listen to us. I hate when they do that.
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 12:03 pm

Rocket Grunt wrote:
They do things to stop us all the time. Because they have no lives and yes they would and probally did send spies to our forums.

What have they done to "stop us".
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 12:07 pm

1. Why are you defending the members of SONVA, in the first place?

2. If you truly are a SOVA member, then I think it would just be best for us to leave SONVA alone. And this goes for everyone. Seriously, I remember The Power of Pika made a post on Bulbagarden a long time ago, explaining about what SONVA was for - and basically it's just for trying to get Pokemon USA to keep all the music in the dub, and for trying to get Pokemon DVDs regularly released in other countries. SONVA's main goal had nothing to do with us (at least not on Serebii anyway).

Because seriously, if we go around making possibly false accusations at SONVA, when they might not even be "spying" on us or trying to stop our plans - that's only gonna make matters worse.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 12:14 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
1. Why are you defending the members of SONVA, in the first place?

2. If you truly are a SOVA member, then I think it would just be best for us to leave SONVA alone. And this goes for everyone. Seriously, I remember The Power of Pika made a post on Bulbagarden a long time ago, explaining about what SONVA was for - and basically it's just for trying to get Pokemon USA to keep all the music in the dub, and for trying to get Pokemon DVDs regularly released in other countries. SONVA's main goal had nothing to do with us (at least not on Serebii anyway).

Because seriously, if we go around making possibly false accusations at SONVA, when they might not even be "spying" on us or trying to stop our plans - that's only gonna make matters worse.

That's what I mean.

The whole "SONVA HAS SPIES!" is ridiculous and make us look like MCarthy.

Just because I support SOVA doesn't mean I hate anyone who opposes us.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 12:32 pm

Oh....

Well, why didn't ya say so? LOL.

But anyway, I don't know who started the thing with "OMG! SONVA has a spy here! 111". I think Lapras said that in a thread a while back. Hidden Mew tried to help, but everything just resulted a pointless debate.

It doesn't matter who started it though. Because no one's gonna be saying things like that anymore. If anyone does, Neku, you have my permission to bring out the ban hammer and start banning people.

But anyway, guys, play nice. Okay?

And remember:

SONVA DOES NOT HAVE SPIES OVER HERE!!

And even if they did have someone spying on us, it would only make them look bad for doing something awful like that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 1:27 pm

Jotaro wrote:

That's what I mean.

The whole "SONVA HAS SPIES!" is ridiculous and make us look like MCarthy.

Just because I support SOVA doesn't mean I hate anyone who opposes us.

But you are the one that started defending SONVA in the first place.
It's like Lisa said, if you are a real SOVA member then you shouldn't care at all about SONVA.
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 1:57 pm

I think it all started because Jotaro asked why some of the forums were closed off. In response, I was the one who first brought up SONVA, and I'm sorry for doing so. But I do recall one person saying that a SONVA member had quoted something in the sppf branch that was only posted on this site.

But to answer your first question Jotaro, the reason why SOVA has to remain so discreet here is because of all the grief we've been put through. It's not just the BMG club closing down. It's members like Habunake and WPM, who have repeatedly gone into SOVA's own club thread just to cause trouble. And look what happened on Livejournal. Naysayers posting under anonymous usernames kept spamming up that section. And Rocket Grunt actually lost his/her posting privelages because of them. We as SOVA members simply need a place where we can discuss our plans in peace, and not have to deal with those kinds of distractions.

The restrictions placed on these forums may not keep out all the riffraff, but it's the best we can do for now, and it keeps the distractions to a minimum. I'm sure that once you've gained the full trust of SOVA members here, you'll gain full access to the forums as well.

BTW, I'm still blocked off from the SOVA related forums.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:22 pm

That's weird.

I don't know why you'd be blocked, Ampharos....

Anyway, I'll talk to Shane and see if he can fix that for you.

I'd do it myself, but I'm not very good with this Admin program thing. I don't know how it works. ^^;

EDIT: Ampharos, I think I fixed the permissions thing. You should be able to access and post on all the forums now.
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:54 pm

Yes, it worked! Thank you Lisa...
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 2:56 pm

You're welcome, Ampharos!

And now you can finally see what our current projects are! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jotaro

Jotaro

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 3:30 pm

ampharos181 wrote:

It's members like Habunake and WPM, who have repeatedly gone into SOVA's own club thread just to cause trouble.

Haha, I remember Habunake and WPM posting on the BMG board (I just guest-browsed it). WPM's website is pretty funny how he tries to claim stuff all the time, and Habunake (who I think goes by King K. Rool now, judging by the postcounts) made that one robot thing...with the Bidoof head. That was pretty funny.

And I mean, they may have been trolling, but I don't think they've impeded SOVA's goals. Unless they work for PUSA or something which I highly doubt. Plus, I saw one of the trolls have a JoJo avatar one time...so, props atleast in their taste. Nor do I think they're completely immoral people either, since besides the VA switch I agree with alot of the things they said on BMG.

I dunno, I just think the whole "secret society" bit is kinda goofy. If WPM or any troll comes here, all you'd have to do is perma-IP ban them and case closed. Especially since SOVA's entire mission is completely based off trying to convince PUSA to change the VA's, and rally support.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime18th February 2008, 3:43 pm

Well I think Lisa had a survey up about opening up some forums. I, personally, think we should open some. I see the slight necessity of something semi-private though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Are Some Forums here...   Why Are Some Forums here... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Are Some Forums here...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Save Our Voice Actors :: Members :: Introductions-
Jump to: