Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Veronica coming to another con

Go down 
+9
iEatPikachuForLunch
Pokeyug
Tommy
Ben_darkpikachu02
impactkhtennis_thewind
Trainer Rachel
PokemonTrainerLisa
offkilter06
Lapras87
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Veronica coming to another con Empty
PostSubject: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime17th March 2008, 8:36 pm

I know people are focusing on that Anime Boston thing with Tom Wayland, but...

Veronica will be coming to the New York Comic Con (April 18-20). Lucky me. My dad was planning on going there (he loves Batman). I'll have to ask my friend to come with me because my parents don't give a s*** about Veronica or Pokemon and won't come with me near her. But my friend will.

Don't believe me? Here:

http://www.nycomiccon.com/App/homepage.cfm?appname=100453&moduleID=2920&LinkID=28544&campaignid=61372448&iUserCampaignID=37207117

Look under featured guests. It doesn't say anything at all about the date she will be there or what panel she will be in, so keep looking on the site for more info (I guess). Hopefully my dad won't mess up with the date we go and I don't get to see her.

Anyone going?

EDIT: Rachael and that Jamie McGonnigal person will be there too. I think this con is run by the same people who ran NYAF. Something just tells me that. Jamie, Rachael, and Veronica will probably be in the same panel again. But for those who could not make NYAF, here's your chance to meet Veronica and Rachael.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime17th March 2008, 11:18 pm

Awesome! I demand a full report!

Stupid Oklahoma and its lack of anything fun. Seriously. All we get is tornadoes and red clay. *mumbles incoherently*
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime18th March 2008, 9:21 am

Comic Con is THIS soon?

And Veronica's gonna be there! OMG!

By the way, in the past, members of the new voice cast have been at Comic Con. And if they are invited this time, I think it would be hilarious if somehow members of the new cast AND members of the original cast were at the same exact con. LMAO!! XD

Aww, man, I have never been to NY. I've never met Veronica in person, either. If I miss my chance to meet Veronica this time - that basically means I'll NEVER get to meet her!

Argh! I have to meet Veronica! I just have to!!!! >_< Sad

I bet anything that Mistress Puff and Bianca (xdeadpan) will be going. I envy them, cause they've been to so many anime cons! =O

I'm very unlucky. Because I live in stupid, boring WV, and I've never been to any major cons (except for Tekkoshocon, which I'm sure isn't that big compared to NY cons...).

Lapras, do you think you could convince your parents to pick me up or something? Or do I live too far from you? Because seriously, I would do ANYTHING to get to Comic-con!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime18th March 2008, 2:08 pm

Quote :
Aww, man, I have never been to NY. I've never met Veronica in person, either. If I miss my chance to meet Veronica this time - that basically means I'll NEVER get to meet her!

That sounds familiar... tongue
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime18th March 2008, 4:14 pm

West Virginia is pretty far from here.

Try and come yourself. It'll be worth the trip. It's not like you have some sort of restraining order that prevents you from leaving WV, right? Just kidding, that isn't the case. If you can't drive, there's bound to be a (possibly expensive) bus to New York from around you. It shouldn't be more than $75.

EDIT: I now have permission from my dad to enter whatever panel Veronica will be in. YAAAHHOOOOO!!!!!

EDIT 2: Greyhound runs bus service from many cities in WV. But it doesn't look cheap (or fast). See for yourself at greyhound.com.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime18th March 2008, 10:58 pm

yea.....u need a car to live in Texas lol

i wish i could drive there all the way from here lol but i would prolly get lost on the way
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 2:31 am

No, Lapras, I can't drive (not yet anyway). And I don't have a car either.

*sighs*

Well, if my parents pull the same "logic" as they did last time (when I wanted to go to NYAF), then I have a pretty good idea about what's gonna happen.

My predictions:

1. I'll probably come up with enough money to attend the con.

2. My mom wouldn't want me going on a bus all the way to NY by myself. But other than that, she'd be fine with it! As for my dad, well, let's just say he criticizes everything I do (or don't do) and he tends to "lecture" me a lot (mainly, he likes talking about my bad habits and he talks about that stuff constantly! seriously, he's like Mr. Negative or something!). X_X

Trainer Rachel wrote:
That sounds familiar... tongue
Well, yeah, of course it sounds familiar! XD

But actually, I say that whenever Veronica gets invited to a big anime con, because of the fact that I KNOW I'll never attend one of those cons. So in a way, that's very true! Crying or Very sad

Still, seeing as how my brother had the chance to visit NY (it was a school trip - he was in theater and the whole class went), this leads me to believe that I'll be able to visit sometime as well. And what better time to go to NY than during an anime con? Especially to meet my favorite VA!

*sighs* But with my kinda luck, well, I'm very unlucky, so that pretty much means I don't have much of a chance of attending Comic-con (unless a miracle happens, lol). ^^;

Man, I envy anyone and everyone who gets to attend a big anime con and meet Veronica Taylor!

EDIT: Wow! Looks like the new Pokemon director will also be attending Comic-con! O.O

That'd be a great opportunity for you to ask Tom Wayland some questions, Lapras!
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 7:28 am

I told them Tom Wayland was going to be there, but they asked me the same question about AnimeNext:

"If you don't like PUSA, why do you want to see him?"

At least I'll see Veronica.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime22nd March 2008, 3:15 pm

To be the biggest Ash fangirl, and never have the chance to meet Veronica Taylor....

It seems I am cursed. >_<
Back to top Go down
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime22nd March 2008, 8:24 pm

Is there a chance that any of the VAs will be at Otakon here in Baltimore, MD at the Baltimore Convention Center? I can't afford a trip to NYC right now and I can catch the light rail train downtown for Otakon.
Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime22nd March 2008, 9:32 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
As for my dad, well, let's just say he criticizes everything I do (or don't do) and he tends to "lecture" me a lot (mainly, he likes talking about my bad habits and he talks about that stuff constantly! seriously, he's like Mr. Negative or something!). X_X
Yeah, my mom is kinda like that too. I don't have too many bad habits but she yells at me when I forget to put the vacuum sweeper away and then I'm usually the one who's constantly running into it at night and stubbing all five toes at the same time, especially after doing it about 5 or 6 times you'd think I'd move the damn thing wouldn't you? But of course I'm stupid enough not to and I run into it again and then I usually end up cussing at it and throwing it across the room (yeah, that's one of my bad habits, the bad thing is I'm smiling as I'm thinking about it now. Smile I already told her I'm not going to smoke or drink so at least I don't have to hear about that. Laughing

Lapras, do you think you could convince your parents to pick me up or something? Or do I live too far from you? Because seriously, I would do ANYTHING to get to Comic-con!!
If I could I'd take you Lisa. Just for fun after reading this and thinking that WV doesn't seem too far from Michigan, I put your address and my address into Mapquest to see just how far it was. You live over 9 hours and 589 miles away from me!! Shocked But unfortunatly I won't be going either, I'd really love to meet Veronica myself. As for the bad luck, yours can't be any worse than mine. Very Happy

Last edited by Brian on 11th April 2008, 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 4:40 pm

Well, I'm not taking "no" for an answer this time! Every time I hear about Veronica attending some anime con, I just wanna do whatever it takes to get there. And every time, I repeat EVERY TIME I have been letdown, either because of my parents deciding against not driving me there, or because of my own hope to someday achieve this dream of mine. Well, I won't stand for this! I'm not gonna let this happen anymore! I swear, if there is any way I'm ever gonna meet Veronica, then it HAS to happen this year - or it won't ever happen at all.

I mean, seriously, if Mistress Puff and xdeadpan can have the opportunity to meet Veronica not once, but twice - surely I must be able to meet Veronica at least once in my life.

Ugh, I just get so darn upset everytime I think about anyone who gets to attend these HUGE anime cons and meet amazing people like Veronica and Rachael. It's seems as if I will never have that much fun, because I'm so unlucky.

Honestly, I think I'm forbidden to ever be THAT happy (as happy as I know I would be if I ever met my favorite VAs). Because if I didn't have so much bad luck, I bet you that by now, I would've already met Veronica Taylor. X_X
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 6:39 pm

I wish I could go! I won't be able to go on that date. It was so much fun at NYAF!

Though, I would most likely be able to go if they could come back to NYAF in September.

I was at comic-con last year when the new VAs were there. It was horrible! They didn't even mention that they were new VAs. They were talking about some of the older seasons as if they were in it. It was kind of funny because hardly anyone was there to see them, even though Pokemon.com claimed that a lot of people came.

A lot of people were at the panel Veronica was in at NYAF! Plenty of more people than there were with the new VAs at comic-con.

Lisa, I'm sure you will be able to meet Veronica eventually. Even if you can't make it to this exact one, there will always be plenty of more conventions that she could be at.

EDIT: I checked out that greyhound.com bus site and it says that you can go for $99 at most from anywhere in the US to anywhere. Lisa, if you will be able to come up with $99 (plus comic-con ticket money) at most, you should be able to go.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 6:59 pm

Even if I had the money, there's no way my parents would drive me all the way to NY just to attend this anime con.

I tried that last time, when I actually had the money to attend NYAF. But my mom was worried about me taking a bus by myself. As for my dad, well, I already told you what his problem is in my other post. It's as if my dad doesn't want me to have any fun at all....

However, if I have the money to attend Comic-con, and if someone were to drive down to the city where I live (they wouldn't need to go all the way to my house) - then I could actually go! But sadly, I've never been able to find anyone that would be able to drive over to WV (this state sucks!). ;_;
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 7:54 pm

Did Veronica even talk about the new VA's last time?
Back to top Go down
Evee

Female Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 9:44 pm

Omg, Veronica!! Dang I live so far from NY, I know I won't be able to attend. Sad

Just out of curiosity: will this Comic Con be replacing the San Diego one, or is it just a different one and that on will still go on?

I've never heard of greyhound before either, maybe... No, I doubt my mom would let me go via that. Has anyone here tried that service? Ahh! I want to go so bad !
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime23rd March 2008, 11:29 pm

Hmmm... Not sure if we can make it...Sad
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime24th March 2008, 3:39 pm

Ugh, I just get so darn upset everytime I think about anyone who gets to attend these HUGE anime cons and meet amazing people like Veronica and Rachael. It's seems as if I will never have that much fun, because I'm so unlucky.

Honestly, I think I'm forbidden to ever be THAT happy (as happy as I know I would be if I ever met my favorite VAs). Because if I didn't have so much bad luck, I bet you that by now, I would've already met Veronica Taylor. X_X

Honestly, Lisa, that is NO WAY to talk about yourself. The only one keeping you from being happy is you, and as long as you keep being negative, you're not GOING to be happy. You attract what you put out, and right now, you're just beating up on yourself and making yourself feel worse.

I mean, I'd love to be able to meet Ted or Veronica or Eric, but I don't beat up on myself when I can't make it to a con they'll be at (and that's a pretty common occurence)

I'm sure one day, you'll get to meet Veronica or Rachel. Just stay positive, okay, Lisa?
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime25th March 2008, 12:42 am

I'm usually postitive and optimistic most of the time, Neku....

But, it's kinda hard for me to stay positive about anime cons.

And you can blame that on the fact that I hardly ever get to do stuff that I wanna do anymore.

I mean, honestly, I wouldn't be upset about this, if it weren't for the fact that I would do anything to meet Veronica Taylor. I just wanna meet her really badly!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime25th March 2008, 3:02 pm

...Well, at the risk of repeating myself/saying on the Internet what I could just say on the phone...

You're not going to be any happier if you just dwell on your bad luck with anime cons. Maybe you should be really honest with your parents and explain to them how much this means to you, and find out why they have problems with you going. You need to convince them you can handle the trip to New York. And if it's the driving they're worried about, you know you could always take a bus.

Don't assume the worst. Just be completely truthful with your parents, explain to them you really want to go (lots of time in advance) and tell them you just want to prove you can take care of yourself. I know you're not one to easily give up on anything else, so don't give up on this!
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 8:24 pm

Things are going very bad here. Friday is school, and Saturday (the day when Veronica comes) is, well, let me explain:

Ms. Religious Jew (my other Grandma that I probably didn't mention here) calls up. "You must have Passover dinner by my house on Saturday the 19th." I AM NOT RELIGIOUS AND DO NOT CELEBRATE PASSOVER, HECK I DON'T CELEBRATE HALF THE HOLIDAYS SHE DOES! We tried telling her, but she told us to be in Brooklyn at 1 PM to go to her orthodox temple. She said that or she would bring all of her $1,000 worth of Kosher for Passover food to our house New Jersey. My parents took door 1 (GOD DAMN IT). She was not like this last year (she became more religious a few months ago), but now I will miss Comic-Con Saturday because I have to go to Brooklyn. I was crying all day since she called at 4. Does ANYONE here know the next time Veronica will be appearing at a con?

OK. I just got off the phone with my uncle's friend who lives down the street from my grandma. I will ditch the dinner at his house, but he won't drive me to Manhattan (he has no car and probably can't afford to take a cab or bus). THIS DAY IS THE WORST DAY IN MY LIFE!

I WANT TO DRIVE BROOKLYN AND DRIVE OLD GRANDMA TO A WAREHOUSE IN OHIO. I FEEL EXTREME NEED TO TERMINATE HER!

Last edited by Lapras87 on 31st March 2008, 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 8:48 pm

Did you explain to her how much this means to you? Sometimes a little negotiation goes a long way.

As the answer to your question, I have no idea when Veronica will be at another convention however I have a feeling it'll be within the next 6 months since the other one was so close together with this one. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 9:04 pm

I tried, but she IS religious. She cares about basically nothing but the Jewish religion. These were the only words she said to me on the phone before she demanded me to get my mom (sorry for the failed English, she just talks that way):

"Veronica is no Jewish. You have no interaction with the no-Jew people. Understand me? That person will make fun of you for being Jew. Your parents should ban you from this Comic-Con rubbish."
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 10:44 pm

I'm Jewish and thats the reason I'm not going. Of all the days, why do they decide to put this on the first day of Passover? Last year this was in February. I wish it would've stayed like that this year.

Hopefully, I could make it to the Anime Festival in September.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime31st March 2008, 11:23 pm

If I'm allowed to say this. It doesn't bother me if you're Jewish or anything else, I accept people as they are regardless of what religion or anything else they might be and I would never make fun of someone. Now to get back on topic.... please. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veronica coming to another con   Veronica coming to another con Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veronica coming to another con
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next