Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

SOVA DVD Release

Go down 
+7
Dark Master
Macphist0
PokemonTrainerLisa
PikachuL41
Shadow25
aaron122894
Mitch
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

Male Number of posts : 365
User Title : 暁 ミッチ ザ 物堅い
Registration date : 2008-04-19

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:17 pm

Here is the DVD Release of SOVA DVD

8/6/08

Video Editing:Darkblade (Mitch)
Planning: (szlemm)

Special Thanks to
Lisa
Brian
Dawn
and
specially Real Pokemon Fans the SOVA members cause only

Part One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ8mn5QldhU
Part Two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MldiIOckxHY
Part Three
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYpuKF3D7M8
Part Four
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbtiHSVNeiE
Part Five
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UynD37QrQA

I took me a long time to finish the video. I hope you enjoy and like the video. I worked really and spend hours in this video Very Happy.

Thank You
Mitch
Back to top Go down
http://raybound.com
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:20 pm

Excellent job! When are you going to send it to Japan?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

Male Number of posts : 51
User Title : Veteran Smasher
Registration date : 2008-07-29

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:31 pm

Excellent, I already watched the first 2 and a half parts. I gave the first rating! (5 star, of course)

I'm worried though. What if for some strange reason beyond human comprehension, Pokemon Japan actually likes the new VAs better? I doubt it will happen, but people always have opinions. Then things would be baaad.
Back to top Go down
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:42 pm

Shadow25 wrote:
What if for some strange reason beyond human comprehension, Pokemon Japan actually likes the new VAs better?

That's what I was thinking too. I hope that they don't, because if they do, we kind of, well, screwed.

Also, you should've included Tracey in the video. He has appeared in an episode since the change and Craig Blair makes him sound terrible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:45 pm

Ive watched part one just one question have you got luciro and the mystery of mew if you have could you send it me or upload on veoh so i can downlaod

lol i tried posting this twice and someone beet me to it twice
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:48 pm

Actually, Trainer Rachel and I both think your DVD will be too long to hold the Japanese guys' attention for the entire thing....

<@Away|TrainerRachel> Really, it should be no more than 10 minutes
<@Away|TrainerRachel> We really need a shorter version
<@Away|TrainerRachel> And the clips really need to be condensed
<@Away|TrainerRachel> I mean, you cant have 10 random minutes from a movie :/
<~PokemonTrainerLisa> Yeah, that's true.
<@Away|TrainerRachel> You need clips of the characters constantly talking

I agree with everything Rachel said. ^^

But anyway, I'm watching the clips right now. And so far, everything you have is pretty good. You just need to shorten it somehow.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Macphist0
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Macphist0

Male Number of posts : 27
User Title : Once he was a man, known as Matkin22. Now, he is our deepest primordial fear: Macphist0
Registration date : 2008-04-16

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:37 pm

While I agree with the Rachel and Lisa, my one vice with this is that the clips are at inconsistent audio levels. I had to turn my speakers way up for the Celebi portion in the first clip, and then put them at a really low level for Lucario. Along with the length, getting a consistent audio level is the major thing.

Also, do you know who in Japan to send this to? Is there a specific person you have in mind?
Back to top Go down
http://www.atu2.com
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:42 pm

I had to turn my speakers up and down abit too
but apart from that you've done a good job
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:43 pm

I think we should send this DVD (along with any other comments/letters we have) to the producers of the Pokemon dub.

According to the credits of D/P Battle Dimension, there are a few Japanese guys who are the producers and such (apparently, they were listed under US Production).

Last edited by PokemonTrainerLisa on 6th August 2008, 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Dark Master
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Dark Master

Female Number of posts : 84
User Title : Top Star PokeFan
Registration date : 2008-07-30

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:44 pm

I really liked it!
And while I do agree that it could be cut down quite a bit, I think it's great. Awesome job, Darkblade and Szlemm! *claps*
And I didn't know PUSA said those things. ._.; Now I'm even more angry. Grrr.

And I agree Lisa. *nodnod*
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:50 pm

I'll try and figure something out the sound. I don't know why it does that. Fine I'll talk to Marcin about cutting some of it out. So the video is bad?
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 7:57 pm

darkblade, just on a side note, I'm not sure if you shoul have used Megan Hollingshead for Nurse Joy, since she stopped working for 4Kids a while before the VA switch, and Bella Hudson took over. I would like her back too, but I'm not sure where she even works.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 8:28 pm

Shadow25 wrote:
darkblade, just on a side note, I'm not sure if you shoul have used Megan Hollingshead for Nurse Joy, since she stopped working for 4Kids a while before the VA switch, and Bella Hudson took over. I would like her back too, but I'm not sure where she even works.

I don't know, I'll ask Marcin.
Back to top Go down
Macphist0
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Macphist0

User Title : Once he was a man, known as Matkin22. Now, he is our deepest primordial fear: Macphist0

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:14 pm

The video isn't bad, just a bit too long. The segues between characters and voice actors works well, you chose some good clips, and the music at the begiining over the text worked well. If you cut out the clips down to key emotional lines, it'll take out a lot of the extra time. The Ash vs. Phantom battle in the water, for example. Most of that is action with little of Ash speaking.

I'm not sure what program you used to make it, but I'm sure that Windows Movie Maker would have some filters somewhere that you could use (but I'm not entirely sure, having never used the program myself).
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:19 pm

I think you should (If you didn't, I didn't see every one yet) really stress that the VAs had been with Pokemon for 8 years. That'll be compensation if the Japanese happen to prefer the new VAs for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:25 pm

Macphist0 wrote:
The video isn't bad, just a bit too long. The segues between characters and voice actors works well, you chose some good clips, and the music at the begiining over the text worked well. If you cut out the clips down to key emotional lines, it'll take out a lot of the extra time. The Ash vs. Phantom battle in the water, for example. Most of that is action with little of Ash speaking.

I'm not sure what program you used to make it, but I'm sure that Windows Movie Maker would have some filters somewhere that you could use (but I'm not entirely sure, having never used the program myself).

I've got the sound fix. I just need to send it to szlemm. What part do you think is also not necessary?
Back to top Go down
Macphist0
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Macphist0

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:36 pm

Just cut away the excess action; most of the Ash/Phantom battle can be taken out since it's just music, for example. Same with some of the Lucario scenes. I'd even suggest getting rid of some of the movie clips in favour of more clips from episodes, since VA's usually put the most effort into the movies and it's the episodes where you will catch the lack of passion.

For example, with Sarah Natochenny take out a lot of the Manaphy scenes and put in the clip from Battle Frontier against Greta where she says "Snorlax. No." It's quite possibly the worst line she's ever done.
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-03-26

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 5:21 am

Keep the manaphy scenes except for the bit where he battles phantom!! ash locking may in the tube in that movie is what made me join sova so we have to keep it!
Back to top Go down
poke07

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-07

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 11:32 am

I know you put a lot of time into those videos, but there is still a good bit of editing to be done, speaking as an experienced video editor.

When comparing voice actors, compile many small clips to form 1-2 minutes of video showing the old voice actor, and then another 1-2 minutes showing clips of the new voice actor. 3 minutes maximum for each one. In addition, some of the clips don't even show the voice actor...these should be edited out.

I am speaking from experience when I say that the video will bore any viewer. I am very interested in this "voice actor" business, and even I was bored.

Here are my suggestions:

1) You really don't need the scenes from the movies. If you keep the Celebi scene at the beginning, please raise the volume. It was hardly audible.

2) You might want, in between clips of voice actors, to explain why we like the older voice actor more.

3) You DEFINITELY need at least one video clip of a SOVA representative directly addressing the issue. This should come before and after the cartoon clips, in addition to the text. I was watching this with a SOVist friend of mine, and he very much agreed with this comment.

4) (similar to #1) It is sometimes unclear what the focus is of the clip you are showing, because rather than just showing scenes relating to the voice actor, you show the entire clip that the voice actor is in.

I personally appreciate the fact that you are sending the video. It is a great idea, but you need to FOCUS the argument, and make the video shorter...15 minutes at the MOST. I recently edited a video that at first I thought was perfect, but when I watched the audience view it, they were bored by many extra un-needed scenes.

Please take our advice, and shorten the video, and fix the audio. I also think it would be VERY affective, as stated earlier, to have an actual person talking on the video.

This is a DVD! You have already done the hardest part, which is pulling together the clips.

Thanks for the work, and let me know if you have any questions about the video editing.

EDIT: I agree with the poster above...fewer movie scenes, and more TV scenes....but don't only use movie scenes for the old VA's and TV scenes for the new VA's...because that would seem fishy.
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 12:00 pm

I fixed the volume problem. I am happy to delete some clips and shorten it. If you could think of better clips tell me and I'll put it in. Putting the voice samples of the new voice actors is really hard cause I don't watch the new dub. That's a good idea putting someone talking. I think I need to cut of my scenes from Meowth. Well I'm sorry but I would like to keep that part with Ash. Sarah's Ash don't laugh like that and I need point out the difference. If you have any ideas tell me Very Happy

Please anymore saying that the audio has problem, i've been having problems with the 4ever clips.

Who wants to talk to in the dvd?

Thank You
Back to top Go down
poke07

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-07

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 1:47 pm

Sounds good!

If you are going to try to spotlight Veronica's laugh, you should show the scene of Ash talking, laughing, and then talking (and nothing else). Directly after, show a scene with Sarah's laugh, and point out the differences...before people forget what Veronica's laugh sounded like. A good way to really contrast their voices is to show an intense Pokemon battle with Veronica and then with Sarah, this will really show the difference (particularly if you can find a clip from a LATE Battle Frontier episode, or EARLY Diamond and Pearl.

Team Rocket sounds pretty similar, but the new Jessie sounds "sweeter." So I would try to find a clip (from the 4kids dub) of Jessie when she is very angry about something.

You are correct, it is important to show a full scene so you can see the voice actors' ranges in their entirety. However, within the scene, you can make cuts. For instance, in the Lucario movie scene, you could cut the aerial views of everyone dancing, and of the Pokemon talking to each other (etc.).

In terms of talking, it should probably be one of the leaders of SOVA. Or, have different people talking throughout the DVD...
Back to top Go down
PikaKetchup
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikaKetchup

Female Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-16

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 2:56 pm

poke07 wrote:
A good way to really contrast their voices is to show an intense Pokemon battle with Veronica and then with Sarah, this will really show the difference (particularly if you can find a clip from a LATE Battle Frontier episode, or EARLY Diamond and Pearl.

There's one with Sarah from Battle Frontior that's really bad. It's in Battling the Enemy Within. I think that might be a good one to use.
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Registration date : 2008-03-26

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 3:21 am

so u guys want an audio clip from a sova member or a letter to post onto the dvd?

cause i dont mind recording a message Razz
Back to top Go down
Mitch
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
Mitch

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime8th August 2008, 9:18 am

We could do both. Who wants to talk in the dvd. Marcin, do you know how to cut clips of the video. I have the mp3 of the fixed audio. Instead of sending the whole video. I'll send you the audio and replace the old one. Once you replace it you can cut the scenes of. I can't cut the scenes even though I want to keep some of the clips you have to do it for me.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime9th August 2008, 6:27 pm

I thought that the DVD was really good.

My suggestions:

The volume on the Celebi clips throughout the DVD were extremely low, and I found myself having to adjust the volume from time to time. Please increase the volume as much as possible, or replace those clips with similar meanings if able to.

Shed more light on Veronica's Ash, he is the main protagonist. I would also recommend shortening the clip of the Manaphy movie and also remove the clip where Ash and Phantom were under water. They bareley even speak.

I am not sure why, but I didn't see Veronica's picture before the movie started. I noticed Sarah's...but not Veronica's. You may want to include her photo as the "Original" if possible.

Meowth was great, but a bit long. I would shorten up the "Go West Young Meowth" (I belive that's the episode) and only use clips where he would be talking. The same goes for the other characters. I found in some clips where Brock would speak more lines than Ash on his spotlight. It may just be me, but I would suggest shedding more light on the main ones being showcased.

Other than that...it was perfect. I would love to see someone at the ending or beginning talking about how SOVA was made, what we're really doing, current situations, etc. With someone actually showing their face or voice, it might show Pokemon Japan that we are really serious and professional. Just an idea...

- Aipom Fan

PS. I am not trying to be rude! Please don't get the wrong idea, okay? Lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Sponsored content

SOVA DVD Release Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOVA DVD Release   SOVA DVD Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOVA DVD Release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next