Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...

Go down 
+5
Nekusagi
Lapras87
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Pokémon Trainer Shane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Empty
PostSubject: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime19th January 2008, 12:11 am

Take Sonic the Hedgehog's current situation, for example. Jason Griffith is like the Sarah Natochenny of the Sonic series.

Ironically, 4Kids is responsible for this cast change too...

I hear Dragonball Z has a few big cast changes, but I'm not sure how people reacted to them...I'm sure people like Sean Schemmel, the current voice, best.

How have non-Pokémon cast changes affected you?
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th January 2008, 12:45 am

hmmm.....I dont remember changes in DBZ....are you sure you're not talking about DBGT??
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime20th January 2008, 8:21 pm

No, I'm sure DBZ had a cast change, but they eventually went and redid the old episodes too.
Back to top Go down
MimiMeowth

MimiMeowth

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime21st January 2008, 5:08 pm

At least they saved One Piece...^^;
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime21st January 2008, 8:45 pm

Yeah, the same company (FUNimation) that saved DBZ is also saving OP. Hopefully they'll get Yugioh, Sonic X, and Shaman King too!
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime21st January 2008, 10:06 pm

I'd never thought I'd say this, but I like the gumgum rap more than the new intro.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime23rd January 2008, 5:28 pm

Oddly enough, there's a guy in my TCG league who HATES what Funimation did with the voices in OP.

Yes. He PREFERS the 4Kids dub.

I should sell him to a museum. Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, maybe.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime23rd January 2008, 5:45 pm

Nekusagi wrote:
Oddly enough, there's a guy in my TCG league who HATES what Funimation did with the voices in OP.

Yes. He PREFERS the 4Kids dub.

I should sell him to a museum. Ripley's Believe It Or Not Museum, maybe.

Yup. No one likes that dub.

Wait? Does he just prefer the 4Kids voices, or the entire 4Kids dub? I love the FUNimation dub. The 8th movie's coming to DVD soon UNCUT. Here's my voice comparisons:

Luffy: Bella Hudson < Colleen Clinkenbeard. Luffy sounded just plain weird in the 4Shame dub. That was fixed, and Luffy no longer sounds like a 7 year old boy.
Usopp: J. Griff < New One: Jason Griffith made Usopp sound like Mr. Bickles from Fairly Oddparents, kind of.
Sanji: Dave Moo < New One: I hate the Brooklyn accent!
Robin: Veronica = New One: I don't see a difference here.
Chopper: Old One = New One: I don't see a difference here either.
Nami: Haven't heard her 4Kids voice except for one scene (the 4Kids dub episodes are hard to find).
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime23rd January 2008, 6:27 pm

The whole dub. I was complaining about the Pokemon VAs at a prerelease, and he was like, "I hate what they did to One Piece"

I said, "Oh, no. They (4Kids) were much kinder to Pokemon."

He said "No, no. They changed the voices."

Me: "Funimation?"

Him: "Yeah. Is that who's doing it now?"

Me: "Yes. You don't like their dub?"

Him: "They RUINED it."

Me: (stares vacantly, distracts self with shiney new Lugia card)

Nami, btw, was Lisa Ortiz. I know this because she sounds EXACTLY like Lina Inverse/Domino (pick your favorite). And I have nothing bad to say about Lisa Ortiz. Except that she's overworked.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime23rd January 2008, 7:59 pm

Actually, Nami was Kerry Williams (Jirachi in movie 6 and Casey). Well, Wikipedia lies sometimes. We all know that.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime24th January 2008, 10:41 pm

Lisa Ortiz? Was she the new Amy?

Perhaps Lisa Ortiz and Kerry Williams are the same person?

Anyway, I know of two people on YouTube who prefer the 4Kids One Piece...

||RougeTheBat|| and SpongeAlex.

Also, some kids on another Pokémon forum were complaining over the new voices.

I found the old rap kinda catchy (yet really retarded), but I prefer the new opening and dub. I didn't like One Piece before...

EDIT: Fixing name.

Last edited by on 26th January 2008, 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime25th January 2008, 5:13 pm

I hated the lollipop. And what's the point of changing "Marine" to "Navy"?
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime28th January 2008, 5:23 pm

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:

Could be.

Someone told me waaay back when on an LJ comm Nami was Lisa, though, and the few dub episodes I've seen, I kept thinking Domino when Nami talked (eh, both cute roguish girls who fight with sticks, it's an easy mistake, I guess...)

So maybe I'm wrong about Wendy's VA, as well, if Lisa has a blatant soundalike.
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime26th March 2008, 5:54 pm

i dislike sonic's new voice. he sounds awful in newer games.
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime26th March 2008, 9:20 pm

Nekusagi wrote:

Could be.

Someone told me waaay back when on an LJ comm Nami was Lisa, though, and the few dub episodes I've seen, I kept thinking Domino when Nami talked (eh, both cute roguish girls who fight with sticks, it's an easy mistake, I guess...)

So maybe I'm wrong about Wendy's VA, as well, if Lisa has a blatant soundalike.
www.imdb.com

You'll find your info there.
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime28th March 2008, 9:08 pm

Yeah, she was indeed.

And, if it's true that the VAs for Sonic X are the same ones doing the current Sonic games, then yes. The new Amy voice is done by Lisa Ortiz.

I watch Sonic X, and it's pretty easy for me to identify a voice that Lisa Ortiz does. She's awesome!

And personally, I think her Amy voice is great! ^^

Of course, this is coming from someone who really enjoys watching Sonic X whenever it airs on 4KidsTV. Wink So yeah, I'm probably biased about this VA switch, cause my opinion is likely to be very different from all of you guys' opinions. XD

Anyway, let me explain my point of view to you guys (no one except Trainer Rachel has heard me say this before, lol).

You see, after I've seen so many episodes of Sonic X, I actually wasn't aware that the voices had changed from the games in the first place (I only found out about that switch a few months ago). So basically, Sonic's apparently NEW voice in Sonic X didn't bother me one bit. I actually thought it suited him quite well. Very Happy

But also, I remember when Sonic X first started airing, and I saw the credits - I noticed how the Pokemon VAs worked on Sonic X - I thought this was AWESOME! So um, yeah, like I said, I'm definitely biased towards the Sonic VA switch. XD

Also, there is another factor that affects my views of the Sonic VA switch - it's the fact that when I'm playing a game, voice acting doesn't matter much to me (the game's music will always stand out to me more than anything else, cause I LOVE game music).

And if you wanna know my official position on this Sonic VA switch, I'm neutral - because honestly, I couldn't care less which voice cast works on the Sonic games, lol. It doesn't matter to me either way. Wink

Although, if you were to ask me, I'd say my personal preference would be the 4Kids cast, simply because I love their voice work on BOTH the Pokemon series, and on Sonic X - two of my favorite 4Kids dubs. LOL. XD!!

(I have a 3rd favorite 4Kids dub, and that's Kirby: Right Back At Ya - which coincidentally, is also an anime series based on a popular game franchise, lol) XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime28th March 2008, 10:49 pm

Ahhh Kirby, that was such an awesome show! Too bad I don't get it anymore... but I loved the video games!
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Ben_darkpikachu02
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Ben_darkpikachu02

Male Number of posts : 151
User Title : SOVA's Dark Knight
Registration date : 2008-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime7th May 2008, 7:49 pm

Yeah, I had bought a second hand copy of Kirby Nightmare In Dreamland for the GBA over the weekend along with Final Fantasy IV, V, and VI Advance carts. Kirby Nightmare In Dreamland is a remake of Kirby's Adventure from the NES. I have also reserved Final Fantasy IV DS.

Ben
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ben_darkpikachu02
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...   Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokémon isn't the only series ruined by new voices...
Page 1 of 1