Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?

Go down 
+4
offkilter06
Lapras87
ker-plop
Tommy
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Empty
PostSubject: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 12:20 am

I could be wrong but it's possible. I have a very crude image as I done it in a big hurry with my VCR, I barely caught it in time. But on this new show on PBS Kids called Word World I noticed in the credits none other than Veronica Taylor... (under cast, second column row three.)

Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? 4khg1

Is it possible that she has a contract with them as well. I find it very strange for her to work on this show but the character Bear seems to have a vague resemblence of Veronica's voice. I'm not sure but I'm almost positive she sings as a backup on the opening theme. However I can't seem to find any info about it on the net, maybe because the show is too new I don't know but I'd like to get some input on what you guys think.

Here is a game featuring Bear and she talks (it's her voice from the show), let me know what you guys think if I'm right or wrong.

http://pbskids.org/wordworld/characters/game_bsa.html

Edit: I have edited the topic title to include Sean Schemmel in this too and was the voice of Lucario in the 8th film. I have no idea who he could've voice in Word World though, I don't know what he sounds like naturally.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0770832/ (Sean's imdb profile, it doesn't include Word World as it doesn't with most PBS Kids programs.)

Last edited by Brian on 8th March 2008, 12:09 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Sean Schemmel to the topic)
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 12:37 am

It's possible. I've seen that show a few times... I guess Bear's voice could be similar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 12:40 am

Next time you see it, really pay attention to it. See I don't have cable so mainly in the morning I have PBS on until Millionaire comes on and I just happened to pass by the tv and ready to change the channel and Word World credits were rolling and I thought I was seeing things, I thought I saw Veronica's name but I thought nah, can't be. So the next day I watched and sure enough it was there. I just find it bazaar she'd do it because she usually voices anime stuff. At first I was trying to think of who she could voice since she has a really great voice acting skills she could play anyone!
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 1:39 am

Well, I know a lot of VAs from other places work on PBS shows. I've heard Tara Strong (Raven) on "Clifford" and "Curious George," and even Jim Cummings, the Dr. Robotnik of SatAM Sonic, on "Curious George."
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 8:26 am

Never head of that show. I'll have to watch Channels 8 (NJN), 13(NY PBS), and 21 (WLIW) a lot more (I don't like them much, but I'll watch the credits of this show).

Well, hey, Rachael works for PBS on Cyberchase. Or it could be a different Veronica Taylor, maybe an alias.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:01 am

Hm. It could be her.

...and just for note, I ended up wasting 10 minutes building words *hangs head* Oh how I need to be studying!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 1:25 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Well, hey, Rachael works for PBS on Cyberchase.
Really, who does she voice?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 5:00 pm

Rachael does the witch person. I think the name was Wicked.

And if this is true, we could use this to prove Pokemon USA wrong about the contracts.

And that "Pomann Sound" company is in New York.

EDIT: I just saw Marc Thompson and Sean Shemmel, too. Marc was that guy in the Jigglypuff episode of Advanced Battle (Rough, Tough Jigglypuff, I think) and Attila (Hun's partner from Chronicles), and Sean was Lucario and Morrison.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 6:42 pm

PBS uses New York-based actors, so it's no surprise.

Besides, I knew Rachael Lillis did work already...
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 7:12 pm

I just can't believe my favorite VA works for my least favorite channel.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 8:23 pm

I don't want to doubt you Lapras, but I looked it up and I can't see where Rachael is Wicked or even on Cyberchase.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberchase
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 8:49 pm

Look at her article on Bulbapedia. Scroll down to "Famous Non-Pokemon Roles". I swear she was in Cyberchase.

And remember Wikipedia. You can't trust them.

If Bulbapedia says Rachael was not in Cyberchase too, I don't know why. I swear I saw an article somewhere (I think Bulbapedia) that said Rachael was in Cyberchase.

Anyway, I think we could show this to PUSA to prove to them that the 4Krap contracts don't tie the VAs to 4Krap.

EDIT: Look at the bottom of the page:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rachael_Lillis

Last edited by Lapras87 on 7th March 2008, 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 8:56 pm

Good idea about the contracts, and I believe you, I'll check out Bulbapedia but I'm getting a lot of errors from them right now.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:02 pm

I'm going to email PUSA the image now.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:37 pm

Lapras, you were right, Rachael did voice Wicked, on Monday I'll tape the Cyberchase credits and see if I see her name in there.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:52 pm

hey look you can see

Sean Schemmel

there too.....i think he's the Goku guy from DBZ....what a coincidence.

oh yea....but please explain how we could use this to prove PUSA wrong???
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 9:57 pm

PUSA kept telling us that the original VAs are stuck under contract with 4kids. By showing them this, we show them that the original VAs can work on a non-4Kids show. That means a higher chance of reaching our goal.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime7th March 2008, 10:45 pm

ohhh ok...gotcha
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 12:03 am

Sean Schemmel was also the voice of Lucario in the 8th Pokemon film, I never noticed that! Good find impactkhtennis_thewind! This is interesting guys, we really need to present this PUSA, maybe Lisa will be interested in this topic as well. In my opinion this is a real find!
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 1:04 am

Lapras87 wrote:
PUSA kept telling us that the original VAs are stuck under contract with 4kids. By showing them this, we show them that the original VAs can work on a non-4Kids show. That means a higher chance of reaching our goal.
Uhh...they're contracted against working on POKÉMON. They can work for TAJ or DuArt or anyone else as much as they want, as long as it isn't on POKÉMON.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 1:09 am

Pokémon Trainer Shane wrote:
Lapras87 wrote:
Uhh...they're contracted against working on POKÉMON. They can work for TAJ or DuArt or anyone else as much as they want, as long as it isn't on POKÉMON.
Which I think is stupid. I see you're point Shane, but I think it's dumb they can't work on Pokemon just because they're contracted with 4Kids, especially when PUSA and 4Kids worked on Pokemon together for a couple of years.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 6:14 am

No, Shane's wrong about that....

Maddie even said it herself. In fact, on Bulbagarden and a thread on these forums, Maddie has recently said the following:

1. The contract thing is no longer an issue, because it's been more than 2 years since the VA switch happened. So therefore, Pokemon USA can no longer use this as an "excuse" not to hire the original cast.

2. 4Kids has actually given the original VAs permission to work on Pokemon again (if they were offered the chance to continue by Pokemon USA)

So you see, it would indeed be possible for the original cast to work on Pokemon. Pokemon USA and DuArt however, just need to be convinced to ALLOW the VAs to work on the show, so they can give them the chance they never got.

On topic: And by the way, great finding, Brian! I don't watch PBS anymore, so I wouldn't have known about that. ^^;

I have seen a commercial for Hasbro board games before. And guess who did the voiceover for that commercial? Yep! It was Veronica Taylor! Very Happy

I've seen that commercial one or two times, and I was like, "OMG! That's Veronica Taylor!". XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 9:44 am

Hey, thanks Lisa. Yeah I'm pretty much limited to PBS since I don't have cable and digital TV is still somewhat limited in my area. I told Lapras I'm going to record the cast of Cyberchase Monday (if I remember) and post it if it has Rachael Lillis in the credits (hopefully the picture will be better.) Reason this one was so bad was because the VCR didn't turn on right away like planned and the credits were rolling already when it did so I just barely got them not to mention I taped over my Deal or No Deal ^_^.

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
I have seen a commercial for Hasbro board games before. And guess who did the voiceover for that commercial? Yep! It was Veronica Taylor! Very Happy

I've seen that commercial one or two times, and I was like, "OMG! That's Veronica Taylor!". XD

What channel is that on. I usually watch GSN when I'm up at grandma's house and they usually have that darn Go Meat on instead! ^_^
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 9:59 am

I think it might have been ABC Family channel (I watch that channel often, because they usually have good movies). ^^
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime8th March 2008, 10:01 am

Cool, I'll make sure I check it out! You wouldn't happen to remember what game is was?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?   Veronica Taylor &  Sean Schemmel working for PBS? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veronica Taylor & Sean Schemmel working for PBS?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next