Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...

Go down 
+4
Trainer Rachel
Lapras87
PokemonTrainerLisa
Pokémon Trainer Shane
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Empty
PostSubject: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 7:41 pm

I'm gonna be playing Devil's Advocate around here from now on, okay?

I just...like both casts now. It was fun, though, and I really like this community, and it's been a pleasure knowing all of you, and working with you (somewhat). Besides, I've probably done much less for this place thana ny of you adn I'm not deserving of the position.

I have made Neku your second admin in my place.

Anyway, any other Devil's Advocates can be added to my group, IF you really trust them...I think Blackjack would fall into that category too. We can view the SOVA boards and news, unlike others who can only view the general discussions.

Anyway, I'm gonna keep on continuing to support both casts now (aside from some exceptions...namely the new James and the new Meowth too).

Good luck, guys! ^_^
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 9:15 pm

I have no objections to you giving up your duties as an admin or leaving the forums, Shane.

However, I have to say, I'm deeply saddened by the fact that you LOVE Sarah's Ash voice. I know you didn't exactly say that, but it's so obvious. Otherwise, you would've mentioned Sarah as being one of the voices you didn't like.

I'm sorry but, Sarah could never replace the true Ash Ketchum that I know and love. You may think Sarah's the best, but I sure don't. I mean, I respect her as a person and everything, and I know she has talent for voice acting. But clearly, she is NOT the right person to play the role of Ash.

Sarah's Ash is nothing like Veronica's Ash. I mean, she's been voicing him for over 2 years now and she's STILL inconsistent? There's no excuse for that! Veronica only took a little while to get used to her Ash voice. And even then, she didn't constantly change her voice every-other-episode either. X_X (also, let's not forget Sarah's emotion problem which she STILL has). As bad as Sarah's voice acting has been lately (I'm talking about in D/P, not The Rise of Darkrai), I don't believe she will ever perform Ash's emotions correctly, at least not the way Veronica did.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 9:20 pm

Agreed with Lisa. 2 years of bad acting is long enough. I WANT VERONICA BACK.

Sarah puts almost no emotion into Ash. As for The Rise of Darkrai, Sarah was pretty good, but not as good as Veronica. I don't feel Sarah will ever put in as much emotion as Veronica did.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 10:14 pm

Okay everyone, let's use my retirement thread as a place to complain about Sarah now, okay?

Anyway, I don't think she'll replace Veronica, EVER, but she's still a good voice and has now proven herself a worthy successor to Veronica. I think they're both good in their own respects.

And personally, I think Trainer Rachel of these forums is the best choice as a replacement Ash...
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 10:37 pm

I never heard Trainer Rachel as Ash. Do you have any voice clips?

But still, I love Veronica. I sometimes cry when I watch D/P. And I smile when I watch an older episode. I watch D/P, but I'm taking a little break from it until they start Season 11. Veronica's Ash voice makes me so happy to hear all the time. I deeply miss her. Sarah's voice makes me immediately think of how PUSA and TAJ treated Veronica and gang, and it makes me cry.

I'm trying to only watch brand new episodes so I don't get too much of Sarah.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 11:14 pm

Quote :
You may think Sarah's the best, but I sure don't.
Please show me where ANY of us said that Sarah is the best Ash. You are overreacting again. Don't get so defensive :/

Lapras, here:
http://media.putfile.com/Ash-NewFall2007
Meh, this clip is so-so. Some lines I like, others are bleh. Keep in mind I did this with no reference at all, as in I simply recited all of these clips from memory.

Here's a direct comparison of me and Veronica from several months ago:
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=6883792

And best line ever of mine:
http://media.putfile.com/Me-as-Ash----Buddy--P

Heh.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 11:19 pm

Sounds more Kayzie Rogers-ish. In case you didn't know, she did Ash in Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon. Your best line was really good. It sounded almost as good as Veronica. But it was very good. Good job Trainer Rachel! Maybe you should move to the NY/NJ area and get yourself a job at DuArt!

EDIT: Your fandub of "A Scare to Remember" was better than your other clips!
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 11:22 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
Sounds more Kayzie Rogers-ish. In case you didn't know, she did Ash in Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon. Your best line was really good. It sounded almost as good as Veronica. But it was very good. Good job Trainer Rachel! Maybe you should move to the NY/NJ area and get yourself a job at DuArt!

Hehe, thanks. I'd love to voice Ash, haha. But I just don't think that's gonna happen... at least not anytime soon Wink
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 9:18 am

If you voiced Ash, I'd freak out; it'd probably be one of the happiest moments of my life! I'd be so proud of you...well, I am right now, actually. You've come a long way! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 11:12 am

Wow, that was the first time I ever heard an audio clip from a SOVA member trying to immitate Veronica Taylor. I must say, that was pretty impressive on your part Trainer Rachel. You almost sounded just like Veronica when she played Ash.

And I feel sorry to hear that you are leaving us Shane. There have been times when I felt I was ready to move onwards and just try to be okay with Sarah; because lets face it; she has improved some. But she will never replace Veronica's voice and everything we've come to love for eight years. Sarah always changes her voice almost every other episodes; which is what really agrivates me the most. Like most of you said previously, it's been about 2 years now that Sarah has been voicing Ash, and she has yet to stay on cue with her main voice. Which is why I hate to see new episodes. And I'm not trying to make you guys mad when I am talking this way about Sarah, but we have to realize she will never stay with one voice throughout her whole career voicing Ash.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 8:45 pm

Thanks Derek! =) I appreciate it.

Yeah, I admit that Sarah has definitely gone back and forth with her voice. Starting with BF:

high>medium>deep>outrageously deep (going thru to DP)>medium>high>medium high

I hope she sticks with one voice and if so, it'd bound to improve the more she gets used to it.

Edit: And thanks Shane =D
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 9:04 pm

No prob', Rach! :D
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 5:34 pm

bye....
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 11:19 pm

Don't worry guys, I'm not leaving the forums! I love you guys too much to just abandon you like that! I'm just not...a SOVA member anymore. I'll still kinda hang around the Pokémon discussions every now and then, although at the moment I have no access to the SOVA-related aspect of the forum.
Back to top Go down
Tommy
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
SOVA's Zeo Ranger 5
Tommy

Male Number of posts : 699
User Title : It's Morphin' Time!!

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime1st March 2008, 11:36 pm

That's good! I wouldn't want to see you leave anytime soon! Especially since my return!
Back to top Go down
http://brian-banker.livejournal.com
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime2nd March 2008, 1:56 am

Thanks! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime19th March 2008, 11:57 am

In other words... You're neutral.

Neutral is good. So long as you don't turn into a dick like Gadfly ended up doing, that's fine. Welcomed, in fact.

Also, as admin, I'm thinking about allowing open posting of the SOVA forums link. We already know several SONVA members managed to worm their way in, and the member ranks prevent any annoying trolls from causing too much trouble.

(Oh, and you can tell I TOTALLY appreciate this promotion, can't you? Don't worry, Lisa. You're my... assistant boss. Or something.)
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime20th March 2008, 1:20 pm

Neku, probably about time to change your avatar to say, "I is a boss" Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...   My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My retirement as an admin and a SOVA member...
Page 1 of 1