Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Voice Director for season 11!

Go down 
+14
animeforever
MimiMeowth
offkilter06
Hidden Mew
Pokeyug
Aipom Fan
PokemonTrainerLisa
impactkhtennis_thewind
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Trainer Rachel
Lapras87
Nekusagi
ker-plop
Rocket Grunt
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 8:28 pm

The thing wasn't on her page, it was a bulletin. I'll post the link, but I'm not sure if it works if you're not an approved friend. Bulletins are indexed separately and are only active for 10 days or so.

Nope that doesn't work if you're not her friend. Let me for for a screencap. I'd give a direct link if I could Sad Anyone that is a friend on Myspace should be seeing it, though.

Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Megr2
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 8:30 pm

"You must be logged in-to do that!!!"
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 8:38 pm

Fixed Very Happy

Wish I could offer more than that, but that's what I've got.

Never realized that bulletins couldn't be seen from the outside. Interesting.

And actually Myspace says she's on right now. Maybe she'll answer my question?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime25th February 2008, 9:14 pm

Interesting. But what's with her not in the credits. DuArt maybe messed up with the credits.

Anyway, if they said they wouldn't change or add any new actors, then how do I see all these noobs?

Oh, since we have the confirmation that DuArt is the dubbing company, we should get to work on getting the VAs back.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 3:33 am

Why the heck are we having this huge discussion about weather Sarah was in the credits or not? She was OBVIOUSLY in the movie, as were all the other new VAs. The new names in the credits are probably for filler characters in the movie. None of the new actors have been replaced, and unless we stop getting distracted by every stray wind and put our forces to work the new voices will stay for yet another season.

More importently... why have we wasted three pages talking about weather an actor we don't even like was credited? If Sarah wasn't in the credits it was probably an error and will be fixed for the DVD.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 8:17 am

Yeah. We know DuArt is the new dubbing studio, so we should get back to getting our 4Kids VAs back.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 9:12 am

Rocket Grunt: I like Sarah. Heck, after Veronica and Trainer Rachel, she's my next choice as an Ash voice.

Lapras: Stop starting these stupid rumours. It's the same old new cast, so live with it.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 3:36 pm

Just so you know, Lapras, you're on very thin ice with us. The next stupid thing you say, I'm banning you for a week. Do it again, and it's permanent. You're contributing nothing as it is, so be thankful I'm this generous.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 7:02 pm

Wow, guess I kinda missed a lot while I was gone.

Did anyone else watch the movie? It was very good, and everyone sounded very natural. But that one lady that was Alice's Grandmother sounded like a very familiar voice from Pokemon's 4Kids dub. Not sure if anyone else caught that?

So, what's our next plan? It seems as though Pokemon USA and DuArt hired a few new voice actors for the movie, possibly some old voices from 4Kids?

- Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 8:07 pm

She sounded like Veronica from Pokemon 4Ever.

Well, I'm sure it wasn't her. Maybe that's the "Khristine Hvam" we're looking for.

And I know it was our same old new cast. I just think DuArt added in some new filler voices and CN probably mixed up and forgot to put in our usual Sarah and gang.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 8:25 pm

Yeah, you're probably right...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime26th February 2008, 10:47 pm

CN doesn't do the credits. Either DuArt or PUSA would.

That's a major screwup. Jerks.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 1:35 am

Actually, someone posted the VA credits on The Rise of Darkrai thread on Bulbagarden:

Jamie Peacock (Kayzie Rogers, back from her season 10 hiatus)
Khristine Hvan
Rich McNanna (aka Jack Walker from movie 9)
Ax Norman
Sean Roy
Joshua Swanson
Scott Williams (aka Baxter from TMNT)
Elisabeth Williams
(Yet another nickname for Emily Williams aka Zoey and Officer Jenny)

Voice Director: Tom Wayland
Script Adaptation: James Carter Cathcart
Script Timing: Bill Rogers

Heh. It seems like they put Tom Wayland (the new voice director) to work right away! XD

As for Bill Rogers doing Script Timing, I have no idea what kinda job that is. I would guess it has to do with the characters' lip flaps or something.

Anyway, from this list, you can see that NONE of the usual cast members were listed in the credits. If I were to guess, I'd say it was because CN had to "rush" through the credits anyway, so they could air their next show.

The current VA cast is probably listed in the DVD's credits anyway. So yeah, there really wasn't any reason for you guys to get carried away by CN not listing the VAs.

*begin rant*

I will say this, I enjoyed The Rise of Darkrai more than the Manaphy movie. But sadly, Sarah was still pretty "meh" to me, on the emotion thing. I was glad however, that she was able to perform 2 or 3 lines in a Veronica-ish way (I noticed one line, I think near the beginning, which sounded VERY much like Veronica - I was like "I have no idea how she just did that, but WOW!!"). But yeah, for the most part, Sarah gave the usual, unsatisfying performance that I was expecting. Ugh.... X_X (she never tries to outdo herself with the emotion, with the exception of those few Veronica-ish lines I heard). By the way, I HATED Sarah's reacts! I'm sorry, Trainer Rachel. I know you like Sarah a lot, but oh my god....those reacts were NOTHING like Veronica's! X_X (especially the part where Ash fell out of that hot air balloon, and landed next to Dawn) And it still really bothers me when Ash calls out for Pikachu. I mean, not only is Sarah really BAD at getting Ash's emotions right, but the way Sarah "calls out" for Pikachu is just....nothing like the way Veronica did it. It took everything I had, to keep myself from cringing at those lines. But somehow, I was able to tolerate it enough to enjoy the movie.

*end rant*
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
animeforever
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
animeforever

Female Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 1:39 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
-Season 11 hasn't started yet.
-With this movie the new dubbing company is 100% comfirmed to be DuArt.
-Well so far DuArt is using the new VAs, if we are successful the original VAs will be the voices by the time season 11 starts.
-The new Director is defiantly from 4Kids.

Hey!

I'm so sorry for the late reply but thanks so much for clearing these up for me I love you
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 8:45 am

Yeah. CN was so excited to air Bakugan that promos for it ended up on my TV every 5 seconds. They might have skipped a few names. Heck, I needed a frame-by-frame DVR to search through the credits.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 9:50 am

I'm pretty sure this wasn't CNs doing. They do get some right to edit the film, but I'm pretty sure they have an obligation to run all the credits given.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 1:24 pm

Hasn't CN cut off the end of Pokemon stuff before, anyway?

Way to go, guys.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:04 pm

Yeah. They have MANY times.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:05 pm

Quote :
*begin rant*

I will say this, I enjoyed The Rise of Darkrai more than the Manaphy movie. But sadly, Sarah was still pretty "meh" to me, on the emotion thing. I was glad however, that she was able to perform 2 or 3 lines in a Veronica-ish way (I noticed one line, I think near the beginning, which sounded VERY much like Veronica - I was like "I have no idea how she just did that, but WOW!!"). But yeah, for the most part, Sarah gave the usual, unsatisfying performance that I was expecting. Ugh.... X_X (she never tries to outdo herself with the emotion, with the exception of those few Veronica-ish lines I heard). By the way, I HATED Sarah's reacts! I'm sorry, Trainer Rachel. I know you like Sarah a lot, but oh my god....those reacts were NOTHING like Veronica's! X_X (especially the part where Ash fell out of that hot air balloon, and landed next to Dawn) And it still really bothers me when Ash calls out for Pikachu. I mean, not only is Sarah really BAD at getting Ash's emotions right, but the way Sarah "calls out" for Pikachu is just....nothing like the way Veronica did it. It took everything I had, to keep myself from cringing at those lines. But somehow, I was able to tolerate it enough to enjoy the movie.

*end rant*

I just want to address a few things that you mentioned.

Yeah, I noticed a couple lines that sounded exactly like Veronica. But here:
(she never tries to outdo herself with the emotion, with the exception of those few Veronica-ish lines I heard).

It seems that for you, the only way she can portray proper emotion is if she SOUNDS like Veronica.

I know you like Sarah a lot, but oh my god....those reacts were NOTHING like Veronica's! X_X (especially the part where Ash fell out of that hot air balloon, and landed next to Dawn)

I admit after watching it a second time, they weren't as good as I remembered. However, there were definitely some that were much better than normal, and some I thought were even as good as Veronica's (yes, I said it) And I LOVED how Ash sounded when he was gliding down off the balloon. I thought it sounded really cute The best Ash react in the movie for me was after he said, "Hey, I wanna do that!" and Dawn said, "No way, this was my idea!" about inserting the music disc near the beginning/middle. Honestly, that was perfect. Did it sound exactly like Veronica? No. But does Ash NEED to sound exactly like Veronica to sound good? No.

I hesitated to say that last part because I'm just as attached to Ryan Drummond's Sonic as you are to Veronica's Ash. HOWEVER, in my case, does Sonic NEED to sound exactly like Ryan Drummond to sound good? No. I'm sure there are a lot of other voice actors who could make Sonic sound good. But will it be the same to me? No. Like you with Veronica and Ash, Ryan IS Sonic. No matter how good another voice actor may be, he will never capture Sonic the same way Ryan did, in my opinion. And I admit that.

You need to admit that with Ash. That is the only reason why you are so displeased with Sarah week after week after week, because you want VERONICA and nothing else. If it doesn't sound exactly like Veronica, even if it has just as much emotion, it won't matter to you (and you yourself just admitted this). I can firmly say that if you continue with this, you will never ever enjoy the dub as much as you could be.

I know I might sound harsh. I was so involved in the Ryan Drummond for Brawl thing that I was up till 4 am crying when I found out that it wasn't gonna happen. It took a few weeks, but now I realize that I need to move past the voice, and enjoy the game. Sonic is still Sonic, and I love him. Jason Griffith has some good lines in the game anyway. Example? "Sonic's the name, speed's my game!" from the debut movie. There is nothing wrong with that line at all. It sounds absolutely fine, the only thing is that it lacks that special magic that Ryan gives Sonic. But is it a bad line? No.

The point? Sarah may lack that special quality that hardcore fans noticed of Veronica, but are her lines bad? No. In fact, while watching the movie, the only bad line I can remember really was at the end when Ash was yelling to Darkrai and crying a bit. Other than that, Ash sounded absolutely fine. And as you know, I thought he sounded absolutely great in some parts, and some parts totally felt like "Hey, now THAT'S Ash!"

For you, you will never be able to say that unless the voice sounds exactly like Veronica. You have proved this over the past 2 years. Once again, I do understand, because I'm the same way about Sonic. He'll never be the same until Ryan voices him again.

The point I'm trying to make is really that you are displeased because you are expecting Sarah to sound EXACTLY like Veronica, every react, yell, line, etc. And you've admitted that no one can sound exactly like Veronica. I know this little talk of mine isn't going to change anything, but I feel bad that you aren't able to enjoy the dub as much as the majority of others due to this. Again, I feel bad saying this since I totally know how you feel, but Sarah sounded good in the movie. Very good, in my opinion. And even other Sova members here have admitted it. You are just so attached to Veronica's portrayal of Ash that anything other than that will be lackluster.

I mean, not only is Sarah really BAD at getting Ash's emotions right,
Ughn... again, the only bad line was near the end. Yeah, there were some parts where I thought, "Hey, Veronica wouldve put a bit more into that" but that does NOT mean Sarah isn't getting Ash's emotions down. I thought she did a great job at a lot of parts. You need to realize that Veronica is NOT the only solution for Ash's emotions. THis is also something I need to realize with Sonic.

but the way Sarah "calls out" for Pikachu is just....nothing like the way Veronica did it. It took everything I had, to keep myself from cringing at those lines.
This I do agree with. She has too much emphasis on the "PIIIII-kachu" part that it does sound bad. Veronica would pronounce it more smoothly and quickly, and yeah, definitely better, like, "Pi-kih-chu."

Listen to this:
http://media.putfile.com/Movie10Best

Now tell me, WHAT is wrong with that, emotion wise? Simply the fact that it doesn't sound like Veronica? (though the "You woke me up, didn't ya buddy" sounded a heck of a lot like her) That emotion was spot on. I admit that at some points, Sarah isn't as "clever" I guess at capturing emotions as Veronica did. But now, it mainly boils down to the actual voice in your case.

Proof? You think Bill Rogers does a great Brock, right, at least most of the time? I remember one episode where you thought he was perfect, and sounded just like Eric Stuart. I also seem to recall a huge Eric fan disagreeing with that, and was unsatisfied. Why? Because they wanted Eric Stuart, not Bill Rogers. And that's how you are with Ash. Even though others (such as other SOVA members right here) thought Sarah did an excellent job in the movie... except for you. Why? The voice. You are so attached to Veronica's voice that it warps your view of Sarah. And once again, I feel the same with Sonic, but I'm trying to get out of that.

You feel that Ash will never truly be the same unless Veronica is back voicing him, and that's fine. I feel Sonic will never be the same unless Ryan is back voicing him.
Does that mean that these character's will never be portrayed right unless these people are voicing the characters? No.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:10 pm

I don't think Bill Rogers does a good Brock. In fact, I'd call him the second worst of the new voices (next to Sarah).
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:16 pm

My point exactly.

One more thing I wanted to add is that Lisa, along with all of us really, need to start trying to look for the POSITIVE aspects that the new cast brings to their characters (which is what I'm doing for Sonic in Brawl). It does no good at all sitting around cringing and thinking, "Oh, Veronica woulda done this" or "He woulda done better" blah blah blah. No, that doesn't mean you have to like every line they say, but just look for the positives when you can. For the moment, we are stuck with these VAs. Who knows, the old ones maybe will come back sometime.

But for now, you have two options:

1) Dwell in the past like you have been for the past two years, never enjoying the new dub or
2) Make the most out of it and appreciate what you can, and actually enjoy Pokemon. And of course you can continue to fight to get the original VAs back.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:20 pm

Rachel's right. We can keep fighting, of course, but you guys don't have to be so negative about it.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 5:22 pm

I'm currently on #2. I enjoy watching D/P, but prefer the old episodes and the old cast.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime27th February 2008, 6:25 pm

I basically agree with everything Rachel just said...well, for the most part...

I know this isn't the place, but I'm kinda starting to warm up to Jason's Sonic voice too, now that I don't hang out in a forum full of Jason haters all the time. XD

Guys, I want to ask you something. If Meowth's original voice, Nathan (was that his name?), had continued up nutil the end of Season 8, and Maddie came in with her own rendition at that point, would most of you guys be obsessing over Nathan's Meowth voice and hatin' on Maddie's Meowth voice? Probably, to be honest.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime28th February 2008, 1:25 am

Maybe some people would. In my opinion, Zoppi isn't bad at Meowth at all. But it is hard to let go of a VA that you have developed this freaky almost stallkerish relationship with *knows she's failing at getting a cohesive point across*

I love the old VAs, I really do! But I will also quickly tell you exactly what I think of all their performances in great detail. It's what I do. Trust me, there were times when you can be damn sure, I sounded nothing like the Stuart fangirl I claim to be.

But then again....I fell in love with the voices during Kanto. So of COURSE there's going to be change.

*wants to be 8 again, watching Pokemon again for the first time*

I'm exhausted and today has sucked. Meh. Time to watch my precious Holy Matrimony (oooh James at his finest!) and hit the sack before I start making LESS sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Director for season 11!
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next