Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Voice Director for season 11!

Go down 
+14
animeforever
MimiMeowth
offkilter06
Hidden Mew
Pokeyug
Aipom Fan
PokemonTrainerLisa
impactkhtennis_thewind
Pokémon Trainer Shane
Trainer Rachel
Lapras87
Nekusagi
ker-plop
Rocket Grunt
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Voice Director for season 11! Empty
PostSubject: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 3:14 pm

Looks like PUSA has hired a new voice director.

And what's more, this guy used to work on 4Kids dubs! This is major! Is this a sign that we will soon be free of the horrors of the new dub? Or is this guy another 4Kids traitor al la Jimmy Zoppi or Kayzie Rodgers?
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 4:38 pm

I guess we know who to send letters to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 4:47 pm

Let's hope he doesn't try and sue us.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:14 pm

We don't have his number nor do we have his email. This'll be hard.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 5:52 pm

Write "care of" on an envelope followed by the name. That's how you'd send him letters.

I've never heard of this guy. What'd he work on? (and if it was OP, there is no hope for Pokemon anymore)
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 6:05 pm

Wow, this seems like it could be really good news. Possibly he may be friends with the old cast, so he could maybe help us out, or at least hopefully he knows what fans expect (the high standards the original cast set) and will really push the new cast to sound really good.
Back to top Go down
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 6:32 pm

Or it could suck.

We don't know anything about him, and I'm pretty sure he never worked on Pokemon.

Let's not start waving the victory banners just yet.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 7:37 pm

Most 4Kids dubs sucked, in my opinion. This is actually bad news.

To stray away from the obvious One Piece comments, I'll use Sonic X for my example. It was just like Pokémon's new dub. The characters got replaced with unfitting voices that barely sounded like the old voices, and the main character was given a deep, repetitive, unemotional voice. And yes, this was 4Kids' doing.

The difference was, most of the old Sega voices sucked too, besides Ryan Drummond (Sonic), David Humphrey (Shadow), and Deem Bristow (Robotnik/Eggman), who is sadly dead now. The Knuckles voice in Sonic Adventure was good, but he stepped down, so I can't count him as one of the good old voices.

No offense, Rachel. :\

However, the previous affiliation with the 4Kids voice actors is really good news. I guess it goes both ways.
Back to top Go down
impactkhtennis_thewind
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

User Title : Trainer Kazuya
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 8:18 pm

are yall sure he has affiliations with 4kids?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 9:36 pm

Well, this is very surprising news.

But sadly, I'm disappointed after reading the article....

When they said they got a 4Kids voice director, I thought they meant Michael Haigney who had worked on all seasons of the 4Kids dub.

But nope, it seems Pokemon USA got somebody else. Someone who I've never heard of, what a shame....

If only they had gotten Michael, then it's possible he could've done the voices for some of the old Pokemon (when they appear in D/P): Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Geodude, and Psyduck (Michael was famous for having done Psyduck).

Oh well. It seems Pokemon USA lost another great opportunity there. Though, on the other hand, I'm not even sure if Michael still does voice directing work. In the 8th Pokemon movie, I don't remember him being listed as the voice director. In fact, I remember Eric Stuart was listed for that a couple times in the movies, and I was like, "Wow! I didn't know Eric could voice direct!". XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime13th February 2008, 11:15 pm

I think that this could lean both ways, it can be good or bad. It says in the article that he worked on 4Kids anime shows before like Mew Mew Power and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. But, it says nothing about Pokemon for the first eight seasons. So, he could possibly make the show more better, or worsen it. Anything is possible at this point in time.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 8:26 am

Well, he probably worked with Veronica Taylor and gang, but , then again, he might have worked with Kayzie Rogers or Jimmy Zoppi. He could make it better or worsen it.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 4:29 pm

Veronica Taylor is in Ninja Turtles! She plays April! That means this guy IS familiar with Veronica Taylor!
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 4:33 pm

Awesome. I hope they got along well.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 4:57 pm

I really, really hope they use the original cast. Either that, or this guy should give good advice to the new cast.
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 6:52 pm

This is GREAT news!

Why do I get the feeling that 4kids is going to dub the show again? If that does happen, the original voice actors are guaranteed to come back! Maybe our calls and emails to Nintendo actually worked! They did say that they got a lot of emails!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 7:09 pm

The old cast would be good, but that also means more POISON SUCTION CUPS and Giant Sandwiches. That's why it would be better NOT at 4shame.
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 8:43 pm

I actually agree with Lapras87. I prefer the new dub, but I'd like the old cast.
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 9:12 pm

Pokeyug wrote:
Maybe our calls and emails to Nintendo actually worked! They did say that they got a lot of emails!
When and where did they say this?
Back to top Go down
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 9:31 pm

Trainer Rachel wrote:
Pokeyug wrote:
Maybe our calls and emails to Nintendo actually worked! They did say that they got a lot of emails!
When and where did they say this?
Nintendo told this to Lapras when he called them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime14th February 2008, 10:29 pm

Speaking of Nintendo, we better get back to calling and emailing Nintendo.

I understand how you feel Neku and Hidden Mew, but some people want to keep calling and emailing (like me). BMG is all behind us now, and I will treat it as if we start all over again. I'm sorry.

EDIT: I changed my mind a little. The one I should be apologizing to is Barb. But, hey, what can we do? If calling is harassment, then next thing you know Barb will say that emailing is too. I don't want to call or email anymore, but what CAN we do? I'm not going to be here for support only.

EDIT 2: I hate to let you down, Hidden Mew and Neku, but I will send an email and call tomorrow (it's a 4-day weekend). Like I said, I don't want to, but what else can we do? I certainly can't think of any ideas. Now, I'm thinking every one of our projects is "harassment". But, again, what CAN we do?
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 1:14 am

I found a clear legal definition of harassment and put it on the TAJ topic, but I'll put it here, too:

http://www.uslawbooks.com/books/harass.htm

As far as I see, our calls are not "harassment" because we A) aren't calling a specific person, and B) we have a purpose in them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 2:06 am

Lapras87 wrote:
Speaking of Nintendo, we better get back to calling and emailing Nintendo.

I understand how you feel Neku and Hidden Mew, but some people want to keep calling and emailing (like me). BMG is all behind us now, and I will treat it as if we start all over again. I'm sorry.

EDIT: I changed my mind a little. The one I should be apologizing to is Barb. But, hey, what can we do? If calling is harassment, then next thing you know Barb will say that emailing is too. I don't want to call or email anymore, but what CAN we do? I'm not going to be here for support only.

EDIT 2: I hate to let you down, Hidden Mew and Neku, but I will send an email and call tomorrow (it's a 4-day weekend). Like I said, I don't want to, but what else can we do? I certainly can't think of any ideas. Now, I'm thinking every one of our projects is "harassment". But, again, what CAN we do?

I really think that calling anyone isn't going to do us much good. For the past couple of weeks, a few SOVA members have phoned PUSA, DuArt and Nintendo and maybe only a couple of the handful of phone calls were actually considered positive responces, at the most. While it is true that our Bublagarden branch is close, I don't see that as a reason to break that promise Lisa made with Barb that she would see to it that the phone calls would stop. That's my main problem with starting the phone calls again. I don't like how dishonest this feels to me by continuing something that we promised that we would stop. If we phone a company like PUSA or DuArt every week or couple of days, that could be seen as harrassment in their minds, whether or not it is the legal definition.

I think that emails are fine and the same applies to the letters. We could start working more on that noodle project, which I seriously need to start doing myself, but I've had a busy time at college. I honestly think that we should be honest and not break this promise that was made between Lisa, which does include all of SOVA since she is a leader here, and Barb. Besides that, I don't think that it will help us out. But, it is your choice and you can decide on what you want to do. Another example of respecting others' opinions, even if you don't agree with them. Isn't it amazing?
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 2:27 am

I agree with Hidden Mew.

While I don't believe what SOVA is doing would be considered harrassment (considering all we're dong is giving the companies regular concerns/complaints) - I do think we were calling them a bit too much.

Whenever an employee at a company, TAJ, DuAart or anyone, threatens to sue people - it's usually a scare tactic (at first). However, it's possible that if we were to continue calling them, and calling quite often, they could make a claim for harrassment.

Now, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't wanna be caught in a crossfire of something like that.

And basically, my point is that, I think we should lay off the calls (just for a while). The only place we WILL call, knowing for a fact that no bad consequences would come from our actions, should be Nintendo.

So therefore, yes, we'll continue calling Nintendo (not too much, however). Remember, they like us right now, so we don't want to ruin this by having them to get "annoyed" with us. And in addition to calling Nintendo, we'll still be sending emails/letters to Pokemon USA. Also, I think we should REALLY get the ball rolling on this Noodle Project! You guys have to get more noodles and FAST!

I really, really don't wanna have to put up with Sarah Natochenny's Ash for Season 11 of Pokemon. Her portrayal of Ash in D/P so far (although it is tolerable), has been horrible so far and I don't expect to see any major improvents with her voice acting. No (even at a new studio like DuArt - if that is the new studio and under this new 4Kids voice director - I still don't expect Sarah's acting to improve at all).
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime15th February 2008, 3:49 am

Quote :
Harassment is defined as "a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such a person and serves no legitimate purpose".

I think those parts are where the companies are saying harassment. Since with Taj most of our calls went to Larry, and he can say we caused him distress. Then with DuArt the calls are going to Tim, and he can say the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voice Director for season 11!   Voice Director for season 11! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Voice Director for season 11!
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next