Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Wait is this a 12 step program?!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Wait is this a 12 step program?! Empty
PostSubject: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 5:26 pm

Howdy. I'm Sarah. I post on bulbagarden, so you may have seen me there. I'm a 19 year old sophomore in college majoring in Cell and Molecular Biology with hopes of Med school. I like walks on the beach, long picnics, and time alone with James.....

What what?

No, seriously. My name really IS Sarah and I've been a Pokemon fan for quite a while. It all started with my Pokemon Blue cartridge *bubbles into a flashback* A few weeks after mucho playing of my beloved game, we discovered that there was a TV show. I started watching at Battle Aboard the St. Anne (yeah, I go way back Very Happy ). Pretty soon, my 8 year old self developed a major crush on a certain blue haired TR member. Before long, I was looking up all the voice actors and by the end of Kanto, I could hear a voice and tell you exactly who did it. I even had journals that I would fill with guesses on episodes until I could go somewhere with internet to confirm them.

I was real hardcore until right before Hoenn started. Real life kicked in. I started high school, went through some deep depression, anorexia, and other stuff. Needless to say, getting my life back on track took priority. Once I was 'better', I went to a Math and Science high school. We lived in a dorm and weren't allowed to have televisions, so I just sorta stayed away from Pokemon still (although I WAS known on my floor to randomly blare Pokemon music on occasion).

Now in my second year of college, I am allowed to fully indulge in my 'obsessions' once again. It didn't take long for Pokemon to re-surface. Since I had never totally fell out of fandom, I had knew about the recast. I remember thinking 'that sucks', but I also remember reading that the new VAs were going to emulate the old ones. Thinking it would have been done with the sensitivity of Stuart replacing Lewis, I saw no problem with it.

Early last semester, my Organic Chemistry lab got out early. I never really watch TV (bad habit from the Math and Science school) but decided I'd see what was on. CN was showing an old Kanto episode of Pokemon. Eagerly, I watched the episode, laughing and enjoying it as much as I had when I was 10. Once D&P came on, I couldn't believe it. I listened for a whole five minutes until I shut off my TV, grabbed my purse, went to Blockbuster, and rented all the Pokemon movies I could find. Was that kinda dramatic? Probably, but I was just absolutely floored. I couldn't believe it and was very upset by the whole thing. I ended that night with a huge movie marathon and a big thing of popcorn chicken from Sonic. It was nice.

Since then, I have been a little less 'extreme' in my response. I do watch D&P regularly now and try to be fair, but it's so hard for me. It's a shame because the original VAs were at the top of their field and to be replaced like that is crazy. I have no 'beef' with the new VAs (I've chatted with Sarah before via e-mail and thought she was very sweet) but think that PUSA really took the cheap way out, and the quality shows.

I must say that I am VERY anticonfrontational. I support SOVA wholeheartedly but will probably not be a big 'go out and get 'em' member. I am more than willing to be a grunt and put in work on projects as well. I'm currently trying to get some nice software to upload my Kanto DVDs to my computer and get them in a format I can edit. I have some ideas for SOVA videos.

Anyway, that's who I am and how I got here. Howdy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 5:32 pm

Wow! Nice introduction! Very Happy

Anyway, welcome to the SOVA forums. I hope you'll have fun here!! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 5:37 pm

Laughs, I didn't realize we weren't posting life stories.

*feels like the kid that writes a 12 page paper for a 3 page summary*
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime6th February 2008, 5:41 pm

Aww, it's okay. ^^

I enjoyed reading it! Hehe (yeah, I actually read all of it!). XD
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime7th February 2008, 3:16 am

Great introduction!

Welcome to the SOVA Forums offkilter06! Nice Team Rocket shirt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pokémon Trainer Shane

Male Number of posts : 163
User Title : XD375
D/P Friend Code : Not currently available, come back in late June
BR Friend Code : 0044-2314-1874
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 12:00 am

Welcome to the club, offkilter06!

Nice intro...I read it too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wait is this a 12 step program?!   Wait is this a 12 step program?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wait is this a 12 step program?!
Page 1 of 1