Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Veronica Taylor Rumor

Go down 
+24
alice
Linkpre
a friend...
Tommy
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
jackiestar
PikaKetchup
Hidden Mew
PikachuL41
ker-plop
Lapras87
Gligar13
Dark Master
Trainer Rachel
offkilter06
iEatPikachuForLunch
PokemonTrainerLisa
Mitch
Snorlax
Shadow25
szlemm
Aipom Fan
aaron122894
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:18 am

Ooh, that is a very good theory!

You could be right about that, Shadow. ^^

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be hearing from Veronica very soon. Maddie told me that she'd tell Veronica that I have emailed her recently. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

Male Number of posts : 135
User Title : Space Marine
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:19 am

Do you think Veronica would wont to work for duart agian
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:20 am

I'm sorry, I wouldn't be able to answer that kind of question.

Only Veronica herself could answer something like that. ^^;
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:24 am

Suppose so hopefully we will find that out soon
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

Male Number of posts : 51
User Title : Veteran Smasher
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:52 am

I am very upset over the entire situation in general. It's a sad example of how people can't just be kind to each other, especially when it comes to money, and quality is being drained for quantity. It's so sad to finally find out what it looks like 'behind the scenes' and fans of all ages suffer because of greed. To quote Eric Stuart, this "is a sad example of what big buisness kids marketing really is."

PS I will be sending DuArt an email before the day's done.
Back to top Go down
Linkpre

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 11:54 am

I don't even know what to believe anymore. So, apparently, they had Ms. Veronica Taylor recording lines as a temporary fill in? If that's the case and they cleared things up with Ms. Sarah Natochenny, then they'll probably have her record over the lines Veronica Taylor supposely did.

And are you guys actually suggesting for Sarah Natochenny to give up her role as Ash for the fans? I want Veronica Taylor back as much as they next person, but I don't think that's the way to do it. Doesn't matter how nice you say it, your still asking a person to lose a job. It's like asking my father to quit his job because I want him to take me somewhere.

Personally, I'd just keep sending those Pokeballs you guys have been sending. It may just do something if enough are sent. How many have been sent anyway.
Back to top Go down
aaron122894
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
aaron122894

Male Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 3:03 pm

Linkpre wrote:
I don't even know what to believe anymore. So, apparently, they had Ms. Veronica Taylor recording lines as a temporary fill in? If that's the case and they cleared things up with Ms. Sarah Natochenny, then they'll probably have her record over the lines Veronica Taylor supposely did.

And are you guys actually suggesting for Sarah Natochenny to give up her role as Ash for the fans? I want Veronica Taylor back as much as they next person, but I don't think that's the way to do it. Doesn't matter how nice you say it, your still asking a person to lose a job. It's like asking my father to quit his job because I want him to take me somewhere.

Personally, I'd just keep sending those Pokeballs you guys have been sending. It may just do something if enough are sent. How many have been sent anyway.

Well, if Sarah finds another job, she might leave Ash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/AaronV1228
Snorlax
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Snorlax

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 3:23 pm

Going back to the email Lisa recieved from Tim, it all makes sense! I feel real bad thinking it was a crual joke by someone. Embarassed Yes, it was very hard imagining someone could do it, but it was the only senario that made sense.

Now I want to know what everyone else is thinking, if Veronica did do an episode, will they leave it as-is? I hope to god they did. I'm just sick at how Veronica was treated. Finally getting the chance to reprise Ash, then getting him taken back again. Sad

I am however happy Maddie has told Veronica to check her emails! Hopefully she can tell us what exactly happened. Again, I'm sorry for what I've said earlier.
Back to top Go down
PikachuL41
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
PikachuL41

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 3:31 pm

Well i dont see why they would re-dub it i mean it could cost money to get sarah in and stuff so i cant see what they would get out of useing sarah voice
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:09 pm

WTF? This was uncalled for. I am really mad at DuArt now. I just don't want to go to their place, since I would not want to take the risk of mentioning the email. No one deserves to be treated like that, period.

UNCALLED FOR! DUART ARE MORONS!
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:14 pm

Lapras, go to Pokemon USA instead. And see if you can get a chance to speak with one of the producers of the Pokemon dub. ^^

We spoke with Maddie in the chatbox earlier, and she said that Pokemon USA are the ones who actually have the say-so, whether or not the original cast gets hired.

Therefore, we've decided to start calling Pokemon USA. We figure if we can get enough people calling them, they might actually listen to us.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:18 pm

God knows what sort of security they'll have. The NYPD might chase me to my grandma or get the location of my license plate, which will bring them to my parents' place in Jersey (Can't be good, they'll know what I'm up to here). I'm just afraid. They probably have cameras every few steps towards their building.
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:36 pm

Ooooohhhhhhh, so it's been PUSA all along then? Now I hate them even more. (Not like I didn''t hate em to begin with)

Do you think it would be better to send the email I wrote (see the bombardment topic) as a slightly longer letter than email (or both...) because based on Pikachu's email's response, emails seem kinda pointless, but I could try it. Is it okay to send the same message in both a letter and email? Or not such a good idea?
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:37 pm

Snorlax wrote:
Going back to the email Lisa recieved from Tim, it all makes sense! I feel real bad thinking it was a crual joke by someone. Embarassed Yes, it was very hard imagining someone could do it, but it was the only senario that made sense.

Now I want to know what everyone else is thinking, if Veronica did do an episode, will they leave it as-is? I hope to god they did. I'm just sick at how Veronica was treated. Finally getting the chance to reprise Ash, then getting him taken back again. Sad

I am however happy Maddie has told Veronica to check her emails! Hopefully she can tell us what exactly happened. Again, I'm sorry for what I've said earlier.
What email was it?
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 5:55 pm

Lapras87 wrote:
God knows what sort of security they'll have. The NYPD might chase me to my grandma or get the location of my license plate, which will bring them to my parents' place in Jersey (Can't be good, they'll know what I'm up to here). I'm just afraid. They probably have cameras every few steps towards their building.
Actually, nevermind that - you wouldn't be speaking with the producers. The producers of the Pokemon dub work for The Pokemon Company of Japan (just found that out apparently). Shocked

Instead, try speaking with someone like the Creative Director.

You know, if you don't mention that you're from SOVA, and you just walk into the building saying that you're a Pokemon fan, you should be fine. And if course, if you go to Pokemon USA, you should tell them that you wanna speak with someone about a certain issue related to the anime.

Obviously, they'll realize that you're not there to cause any trouble or anything, you just wanna speak with someone about the anime. No harm done.

JacobGRocks wrote:

What email was it?
I think Snorlax meant the email that I received from Adam Werenko (not Tim).

I never received an email from Tim. XD
Back to top Go down
Linkpre

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 6:07 pm

aaron122894 wrote:
Linkpre wrote:

Well, if Sarah finds another job, she might leave Ash.
But judging from what she said on her Myspace, she is still happy with working on the show and apparently she won't quit for a couple of people. Honestly, I don't think she should just give up the role because we want her to. SOVA, like it or not, is only a small part of the overall Pokemon fan community.

This whole thing is just stupid though. I still don't fully understand why the original voice actors and actresses got fired anyway back in 2006. Just doesn't seem fair at all.
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 7:54 pm

Linkpre wrote:
This whole thing is just stupid though. I still don't fully understand why the original voice actors and actresses got fired anyway back in 2006. Just doesn't seem fair at all.

It wasn't fair, but to make a long story short, PUSA wanted control of Pokemon's dubbing, so 4Kids didn't renew the contract. To save money, they hired the new cast instead of contacting and negotiating with the old ones. So they weren't fired, but weren't given n option to continue even after 8 years. PUSA said it was a contract issue, VAs deny it. I'm not sure what to believe, but that doesn't really matter now. So I guess it's kind of the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Abandon_Silence
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Abandon_Silence

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:05 pm

well guys just to give you an up date
Szlemm & I have sent over

2000 pokeballs

and im currently working on another 100

Hope to see all of your join in !
Back to top Go down
Linkpre

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:43 pm

Shadow25 wrote:
Linkpre wrote:

It wasn't fair, but to make a long story short, PUSA wanted control of Pokemon's dubbing, so 4Kids didn't renew the contract. To save money, they hired the new cast instead of contacting and negotiating with the old ones. So they weren't fired, but weren't given n option to continue even after 8 years. PUSA said it was a contract issue, VAs deny it. I'm not sure what to believe, but that doesn't really matter now. So I guess it's kind of the same thing.
Well yeah, I know about all that. I just don't understand why things had to end up this way, ya know.

Well, what's done is done. Gotta move on eventually.
Back to top Go down
Shadow25
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Shadow25

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime6th August 2008, 10:48 pm

I know... especially for such a popular show, and most especially for one that had been running eight years. And there was no reason. Sure, the VAs would be replaced eventually, because people retire, change jobs, leave companies, etc., but Pokemon was doing just fine with 4Kids. But most importantly how do you completely turn inside out a show running eight years? That's like instead of finally ending Friends, they switched all the actors. If the show had been on two or three, years, people may have been upset, but they'd get over it eventually. But after eight years... this is how you thank these dedicated people?! For shame.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 1:48 am

Alright. Now I'm pissed. My thoughts:

No way in hell will DuArt/PUSA let ANY Veronica done lines out. That confesses the whole damn thing happened. Both companies are not dumb and know the implications let out to the public if that happens.

Of COURSE Sarah likes her job! I mean, hell, she has a cooshy seemingly long-term job (unless she is screwing around, but it looks like as of right now, that is not true). I side with Linkpre in that asking Sarah to leave her job is not very cool. Remember, this isn't Sarah's fault. Our goal is not to put the new staff out on the streets, but to incorporate the old VAs/writers/etc. Our goal is at the top of the forum, we must remind ourselves. Asking someone to leave their job is pretty cruel. Sarah has done nothing wrong (apparently), and we need to respect that.

Veronica was brought in as a 'potential replacement'? I really hope other people weren't brought in as well.

Lapras, neither PUSA or DuArt have trained snipers on the building and ninjas behind the corners, nor will anyone call NYPD unless you harass them. If you don't want to go, simply say it, don't romanticize the whole thing.

aaaaaaaaAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
poke07

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 2:56 am

Wow! Before I joined the SOVA boards, I had no idea that SOVA was still as active as it is. This is great! I am happy to see that it looks like there is still some possibility in getting the old voice actors back!

By the way, if anyone chooses to call DuArt, you also might want to mention the poor audio quality of the audio/music mixing to them...

Anyhow, to whom this may apply, (Lisa and Rachel in particular), how are you able to get personal replies from these people. I have sent e-mailS to Dave Werenko, Maddie Blaustein, Dave at PUSA (and more) and haven't gotten actual helpful replies.

What is your secret??

Also, I had to more ideas for how to get Veronica back:

1) Do you know any 8-12 year olds who would be willing to call PUSA for you? Hearing younger fans complain would probably have an effect...

2) I am very much in favor of sending a large collective e-mail from any interested SOVA member to DuArt and PUSA...it would be a single e-mail with various comments from us signed individually by all of us
Back to top Go down
jackiestar

jackiestar

Female Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 5:07 am

Quote :

1) Do you know any 8-12 year olds who would be willing to call PUSA for you? Hearing younger fans complain would probably have an effect...

2) I am very much in favor of sending a large collective e-mail from any interested SOVA member to DuArt and PUSA...it would be a single e-mail with various comments from us signed individually by all of us

Ooh! Good ideas! It just might work ;D
Back to top Go down
Linkpre

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 9:01 am

poke07 wrote:
Wow! Before I joined the SOVA boards, I had no idea that SOVA was still as active as it is. This is great! I am happy to see that it looks like there is still some possibility in getting the old voice actors back!

By the way, if anyone chooses to call DuArt, you also might want to mention the poor audio quality of the audio/music mixing to them...

Anyhow, to whom this may apply, (Lisa and Rachel in particular), how are you able to get personal replies from these people. I have sent e-mailS to Dave Werenko, Maddie Blaustein, Dave at PUSA (and more) and haven't gotten actual helpful replies.

What is your secret??

About the kid stuff. As I said before on these forums, it's probably best not to get children involved in this. They have nothing to do with SOVA and unless it is your little sister or brother, I doubt the kids would even do it anyway.

Think of it this way. The children of today probably are most familiar with the Diamond & Pearl generation and current series. They probably have no idea about the whole voice change thing. To them the current cast equal the original voices.
Back to top Go down
jackiestar

jackiestar

Female Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime7th August 2008, 9:03 am

Quote :
About the kid stuff. As I said before on these forums, it's probably best not to get children involved in this. They have nothing to do with SOVA and unless it is your little sister or brother, I doubt the kids would even do it anyway.

Think of it this way. The children of today probably are most familiar with the Diamond & Pearl generation and current series. They probably have no idea about the whole voice change thing. To them the current cast equal the original voices.

I have a little brother who is aware of the voice change thing but I think he's a little shy to try and call.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veronica Taylor Rumor   Veronica Taylor Rumor - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veronica Taylor Rumor
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next