Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!

Go down 
+16
Aipom Fan
Starla
MimiMeowth
impactkhtennis_thewind
Nekusagi
Rocket Grunt
Tommy
ker-plop
Trainer Rachel
Hidden Mew
Lapras87
Dr. Peppa
maddiejoan
Pokeyug
Pokémon Trainer Shane
PokemonTrainerLisa
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 2:03 pm

And this is why these "secret" forums exist.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 2:46 pm

Yep!

It sure is! ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 2:50 pm

ker-plop wrote:
If we did want to continue calling, then here's a solution: DON'T MENTION IT on Bulbagarden.
I second this. Bulbagarden has turned on us, It was bad to keep posting or plans there anyway. This just seals the deal.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 2:54 pm

Yeah, and as far as Barb and the rest of the admins/mods at Bulbagarden know, we've stopped calling Pokemon USA and DuArt.

But of course, what they don't know can't hurt them. Wink

And now we know that DuArt couldn't sue us even if they wanted to, so we're gonna be fine as far as that issue goes. ^^
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

Male Number of posts : 190
User Title : Alienated Fan
D/P Friend Code : 0344 6242 9554
BR Friend Code : None
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 3:19 pm

Just thought I'd submit this: a legal definition of "Harassment."

http://www.uslawbooks.com/books/harass.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~kerplop
Pokeyug
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Pokeyug

Male Number of posts : 161
User Title : Ash Freak!

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 4:25 pm

I think that the only way to solve this problem is to tell them about the Nintendo issue. If they they know about that, then they will know why SOVA may actually get the VAs back.

I still can't believe Bulbagarden did that! It's starting to remind of how other sites like Pokebeach turned on SOVA.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pokeyug.co.nr/
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 4:46 pm

Well, if you remember, the mods/admins have been upset with SOVA for months (according to Barb).

There's also the VA Moratorium thing they have in the anime forum.

But not only that, but SOVA has also made a lot of mistakes in the past that have really upset the staff at BMGf. I guess they just can't stand the pressure hanging over them, that SOVA could potentially (but not really, in my opinion) cause Pokemon USA to shutdown Bulbagarden.

And to be honest, even if we were to tell Barb about the thing with Nintendo, what makes you think they'd actually believe us? Even if Barb does believe us, it would still take A LOT in order to convince her that there's a good chance of getting the original VAs back. *sighs*

You know, it's time like this when I really miss Pie, Mistress Puff, and xdeadpan. If they were still around and still active SOVA members, they would know what to do in a crucial situation like this.

Last edited by on 8th February 2008, 4:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 4:48 pm

PokemonTrainerLisa wrote:
Yes, I'm all for doing that! ^^

So, we can continue calling Pokemon USA and DuArt, as long as we DON'T TELL ANYONE on Bulbagarden about it.

Also, yes, we can continue posting in the SOVA thread, as long as it's just nice, happy things like offkilter said. XD

I agree. I think we should just use Bulbagarden as a support thread and welcoming new members so we can give them the link to the private forums. None of our operations, emails, calls, or letters should ever be mentioned on Bulbagarden again.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 4:54 pm

Yeah.

That works for me!! ^^
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 5:02 pm

OK. Barb just made a LONG post. I don't know what to say. I'm just about to say bye-bye to BMGf.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 5:46 pm

I've typed a reply to Barb's post in Word Pad.

However, Bulbagarden seems to be loading very slowly, at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 7:07 pm

Hey everyone,

Well, I just heard the news about Bulbagarden. I'm sorry if I had anything to do with this, I was the one who started making phone calls yesterday.

Anyways, I rarely get on the Bulbagarden Forums anymore, although I probably should. What is it that we do next? Have we given up on the noodle project? Do we keep calling Pokemon USA in New York/Washington? I want to start a project now...any ideas?

- Derek

PS. I will contact Shel (My friend) and see if he will meet us here on the thraeds later on tonight to see if he will have any ideas. Happy Friday everybody Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 7:42 pm

Aipom Fan wrote:
Do we keep calling Pokemon USA in New York/Washington?

Of course we do. After all, Barb won't find out as long as we keep it ONLY on the private forums. Like Lisa's idea before, we tell Barb "phone calls=harassment", but we continue anyway. I'm going to give up on posting there, I'm really angry. The mods expect us to give up and have no confidence in SOVA whatsoever. Everyone, DO NOT post ANY operations, phone calls, emails, letters, or whatever on Bulbagarden. I wouldn't even post it anywhere else, because Barb can sneak up on us. I'm just going to ignore Barb, and continue with the emails, letters, and calls, and of couse, not tell Barb.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 8:24 pm

I guess that's what we'll do. I mean, this is a private Forum, so Barb won't be able to get any information unless we spill it out all over the Bulbagarden Forums. Like Lapras said, I probably won't be posting on Bulbagarden's Forums any longer because I feel that the main website can get our points across rather than spening most of the time on a different Forum.

Okay, so what is the next step? I would call Pokemon USA in New York, but the corporate office is closed and everyone won't be returning until Monday. My other option is to call Pokemon USA in Seattle, Washongton, but everytime that I seem to call there, I always talk to Peter De Shaw; which is the guy who won't say anything to me. These are the phone numbers that I called if you want them:

Note: You may want to dial 1 first if you do not live in the area code.

(425)-274-4800 Pokemon USA in Seattle, Washington
(646)-497-0400 Pokemon USA in New York, New York
(425)-882-2040 Nintendo of America Front Desk
(800)- 255- 3700 Nintendo of America Toll-Free

Hope this helps some.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 9:17 pm

PUSA seems to have 2 offices in NY. Try calling (212) 278-3015. That's their 2nd location. BTW, ask to speak with someone in the higher grade like Lawrence Neves or Kenji Okubo.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 9:46 pm

I've already tried that phone number like 4 times, but I always get a busy signal. I think that number is disconected.

I really would like to make an AMV (Anime Music Video) but I don't have the equipment to make one other than Windows Movie Maker. Does anyone know what I could do to make one?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 10:03 pm

Google is your friend.

Just type in "how to make an AMV" into Google. My friend's starting to get the hang if it. BTW, that ninjamitsuki person who just joined is my friend.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 10:18 pm

I just came back from looking at the recent posts in Bulbagarden and I'm not so sure if I like the idea of us continuing to phone DuArt and PUSA behind Barb's back like this. While I did find her postion in her posts to be a bit depressing for me, since I would like to keep that hope that the original cast will return one day, even if it is just to satisify my emotional bleeding heart, I did feel like she made a good point about the harassment case. If many people phoned PUSA or DuArt repeatedly and at close to the same time, that could be seen as harrassment. I can also understand Barb's thought that the entire Bulbagarden form could be shut down because of our phone calls. Maybe we could just stop the phone calls at least for awhile since it has caused such a issue at Bulbagarden. Maybe we can go ahead with the letters and emails instead. We can also try to get the Noodle Project moving out. I've been meaning to buy some noodles for a long time, but school and my emotional stability, meaning if I'm feeling bad or not that day, has prevented me from doing so.

Besides that, I just think that promising Barb to stop the phone calls and then continuing to do them and report them on the private forms sounds so dishonest. I hope that you don't think that I'm attacking you, Lisa and I'm certainly not. I'm just not the kind of person whose comfortable with a plan like this. I wasn't really encouraged to phone PUSA or DuArt with all of the recent reports and I seriously don't feel comfortable with doing it now after reading all of what happened in the SOVA thread in Bulbagarden.
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 11:17 pm

See, one little smidge of worry that something bad will happen, and resolve crumbles. That's a problem with this group that continually lets me down.

I'm not saying we should intensify anything, but backing down isn't going to help, either.

DuArt isn't going to cooperate with us, so I say try elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Hidden Mew
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Hidden Mew

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime8th February 2008, 11:51 pm

ker-plop wrote:
See, one little smidge of worry that something bad will happen, and resolve crumbles. That's a problem with this group that continually lets me down.

I'm not saying we should intensify anything, but backing down isn't going to help, either.

DuArt isn't going to cooperate with us, so I say try elsewhere.

I understand what your saying about how backing down isn't going to help us out, but my problem with continuing the phone calls isn't really due to worrying that something bad will happen. That's part of it, but only a minor part since I think DuArt can't sue us for harassment. They don't know where we live and it would be hard to stand up that case in court. The majoirty of my problem with continuing the phone calls is an honesty issue. We promised Barb that we would stop the phone calls and then here in the private forms, we say that we'll continue the phone calls behind her back. I'm not a person who likes dishonesty and that's where most of my problem comes from with the idea of continuing the phone calls.
Back to top Go down
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 12:07 am

I actually would have to go with HiddenMew on this one. We made a promise that we would stop the phone calls, yet behind her back, we do it anyways. I also feel that the phone calls aren't doing much of anything. I mean, when I called, every single time I heard, "We will not discuss this with any outside party due to legal issues" So, maybe if we call long enough, they'll change their minds? I doubt it. Although, this was not the main Pokemon USA corporate office, the one we should be contacting is Pokemon USA in New York. So, I'm kind of iffy on what we should do. I don't like talking behind someone's back when we made a promise, but I also don't want to sit and hope that things will work out for themselves, because they won't. We're the ones who need to make this Voice Actor switch happen. I guess what I'm trying to say is, we need another way to get through to Pokemon USA and possibly DuArt; because Phone calls, E-mails, and Letters aren't enough. Maybe it's time we think of new projects, or look back into the Noodle Project again. And, what that member (sorry if I don't remember your name) on the Bulbagarden Forums said would be perfect- If ToysRUs has another promotional event featuring Darkrai, we could hand out flyers and make our voice be heard once more.

- Derek
Back to top Go down
ker-plop
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
ker-plop

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 2:09 am

I'd like to take this moment to express how disgusted I am at this turn of events. Looks like any and all SOVA discussion is being banned, censored, from Bulbagarden, no matter whether we do more phone calls or not.

So now we're not only told to shut up by companies, but by our own fellow fans; to them we are nothing more than delusional radicals.

This is the end, as far as I can see.

I'm going on hiatus for a while. You people do what you want; I just don't care anymore.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 3:00 am

I see....

I understand your reason for leaving, ker-plop.

Well then, I guess this is goodbye. Hope to see you again sometime! ^^

Anyway, in response to Aipom Fan, yeah, I'm kinda confused about what we should do, as well. Personally, I wouldn't feel right myself, going behind Barb's back like that and continuing to call Pokemon USA/DuArt.

But depending on whether or not anything else is working, we might not have any other choice.... >_<

I say we should work on multiple projects at one time. Basically, we'll have different people working on different things. Also, we're gonna work on these projects individually, but simultaneously. And just so everyone knows, the main projects are: letters (emphasis on this!), emails (and phone calls, but only if necessary), boycott, advertising SOVA (videos/AMVs), and of course the Noodle Project (huge emphasis on this one!). And also, you guys can work on more than one project, if it's possible for you.

And by the way, someone should make a new thread for the Toys R Us Darkrai event, if there isn't already a thread for this project. Because that is an excellent way to recruit more people for SOVA!! ^_^

By the way, I was in a conversation with Kasumi in the Bulbagarden chat. I asked her about what Archaic meant in his post in the SOVA thread - he said that he defended us against displeased, Pokemon USA reps in the past.

Well, this is exactly what Kasumi had to say. She actually showed me an AIM message from Archaic! O.O

<Kasumi> Archaic (AIM) 12:26 AM
<Kasumi> PUSA reps have been on BMG in the past (can't confirm if any are currently or not), and PUSA reps I have talked to in the past have mentioned the whole SOVA issue.

I find this very interesting indeed.

And with Pokemon USA reps around, that does make things a lot more serious! There's no wonder the BMG staff felt the need to close the SOVA thread (and ban any further discussion of SOVA). What with the possibility of Pokemon USA reps around, I wouldn't blame Archaic for being more careful and wanting to protect Bulbagarden.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 3:45 am

So we get sold out because PUSA is watching? This is an outrage! Bulbagarden should no longer be considered an ally! In our war against PUSA they have chosen to support the enemy!
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime9th February 2008, 4:25 am

Well, remember, Archaic said he had spoken with them in the past.

Also, he said he can't confirm whether or not they are visiting Bulbagarden currently.

So we don't know if Pokemon USA reps are still viewing Bulbagarden or not.

However, yeah, it would make sense for Archaic to side with them, given the possibility that they could shutdown Bulbagarden (if they felt it was necessary).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!   TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!! - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TAJ....No longer dubbing Pokemon??!!!!
Page 13 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next