Save Our Voice Actors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Save Our Voice Actors

An organization dedicated to giving the original Pokémon cast a chance to work on Pokémon again!

HomeHome  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» The return of SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime15th November 2011, 5:30 pm by Bluelatios

» You've all made a great site
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime16th February 2011, 4:22 am by Johny_lovin_it

» SOVA Wi-Fi Battle Arena/League
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:04 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» Hello everyone in SOVA
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime14th March 2009, 7:03 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» We've moved to our own server!!!!
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 10:51 pm by Tommy

» Move the Forum?
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:56 pm by Mitch

» State Fairs
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:45 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» Back to school 2008-2009
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime20th August 2008, 6:18 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

» The YouTube thread
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 11:26 pm by iEatPikachuForLunch

» SOVA's New Section The Wi-Fi Club
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 10:03 pm by Mitch

» Worst Voice Acting Ever
Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime19th August 2008, 5:35 pm by Ben_darkpikachu02

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!

Go down 
+18
Mitch
Aipom Fan
Pokémon Trainer Shane
aaron122894
ampharos181
Pokeyug
Geoffrey
Gligar13
szlemm
offkilter06
iEatPikachuForLunch
Lapras87
ker-plop
Tommy
Rocket Grunt
metfan5695
Trainer Rachel
PokemonTrainerLisa
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

Male Number of posts : 599
User Title : The Wiz (of Wireless Sales)
Registration date : 2007-12-29

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:32 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
... Now I'm even MORE confused! The original VAs did lie to us? Remember, they said there was nothing keeping them from joining PUSA. However, Mike Pollock said there WAS a contract! Also, this means that Veronica was lying too, or the email was a fraud, because this isn't a loophole, and Veronica and the other VAs can be re-hired. What the hell is going on here!? And have we gotten any response from Maddie?

Now that you mentioned it, I remember that Maddie told us that the contracts were not keeping them from working with PUSA, it was just that they were never offered.

Someone's lying. It could be Mike Pollock, or it could be Veronica and Maddie.
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Male Number of posts : 100
User Title : Hobo Attorney
Registration date : 2007-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:53 pm

This is really serious guys! If Mike Pollock is telling the truth, then that means that the VAs have been lying to us since the very beginning! Have they been using us this whole time!?
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 12:59 pm

I'm very scared about this. It would disappoint me (and I'm sure everyone else) if we were to find that the old VAs were lying.
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

Male Number of posts : 262
User Title : Pokemon Master
D/P Friend Code : 5284-1017-0432
BR Friend Code : I dont have PBR. (i have brawl)
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 2:42 pm

I am sending DuArt an email. It will reach them faster than Snail Mail
Back to top Go down
http://sovapkmn.wordpress.com/
Nekusagi
Rocket SOVA Admin
Rocket SOVA Admin
Nekusagi

Female Number of posts : 319
User Title : Rococo admin
D/P Friend Code : 3522 8516 3992
Registration date : 2007-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 2:45 pm

My theory is (and I've shared this with Lisa), the contract says the original VAs have to be CONTACTED. In other words, they can't directly seek employment at DuArt (IE, Veronica going to an audition for Ash.) Maddie told us once on these forums that she couldn't beg for her job back, we had to ask to get her back, and it makes sense now why she told us that. I think she really meant it literally.
Quote :

I don't want to post his exact message for privacy reasons, but basically he said that there was infact a two-year non-compete agreement in effect that kept the original actors from working on the show for the first two seasons. That has now expired and in Mike's case, DuArt called him, he auditioned, and was cast.

There you go. THEY called HIM. I think Veronica might have meant "technicality" rather than "loophole." And she was probably more than a little pissed off they were picking up minor VAs first, rather than main cast members.

So, as TR (wow, great initials) pointed out, we DO know what we need to do now. We need to push PokeUSA/DuArt as hard as we can to bring the original cast back. Which we've been doing all along (at least in theory) but we have much better cases for their return now, and make them as impassioned as possible. The cast belongs together, maybe. Something along those lines. And of course, we need to get recruitment for SOVA up. Now that the contracts issue is moot, we've got a better case for our cause.
Back to top Go down
http://nekusagi.livejournal.com/
Aipom Fan
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Aipom Fan

Male Number of posts : 247
D/P Friend Code : Diamond: 0731-1993-4281
Registration date : 2008-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 3:21 pm

This is an interesting theory Nekusagi, it's not that anyone lied to us, it was just that they needed us to give them an extra boost per-say. We are really the only ones that Pokemon USA or DuArt, in this case, will actually listen to. Now I'm not saying they will listen to us, but given there are NO contracts in effect at this time, we shouldn't be given that same response..."We may not discuss this with an outside party due to contact agreements".

So, I don't know about you guys, but I am extremely siked about getting Veronica and the others back now! We CAN do this, we just have to, like Nekusagi said, we need to push them until we finally get our points across without legally assaulting them; which we haven't really done yet.

Great work guys, just keep sending in those Pokeballs!

- Aipom Fan
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/ashketchumfansite
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 3:44 pm

Yes, but why did the original VAs tell us that there was no contract when there was one? What was the point of lying to us? By giving us false information, they made us look like idiots. :/ Also, I still think that email that Lisa got is phony. It sounds nothing like what I've been told of Veronica.
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 4:09 pm

I am sending this email to DuArt:
Hello! I have been a longtime fan of your show Pokémon. Recently you have been hiring some of the old vas who did minor roles in the show. But you haven’t been hiring the Old Vas who did major roles and you have been using inferior replacements instead. The “contracts” have expired and Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, Rachael Lillis, Maddie Blaustein, Amy Birnbaum, and Ted Lewis, can be hired again. I hope you hire the old Vas.

Sincerely,
JacobGRocks
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

Number of posts : 253
Registration date : 2007-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 5:44 pm

Neku, that actually makes a whole lotta sense :D
That way, no one was lying. And hey, I'd like that.

Regardless, our target, as mentioned, is DuArt now. Let's do it!!
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 5:45 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
Yes, but why did the original VAs tell us that there was no contract when there was one? What was the point of lying to us? By giving us false information, they made us look like idiots. :/ Also, I still think that email that Lisa got is phony. It sounds nothing like what I've been told of Veronica.
Hmm... arg I dunno DX
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 5:53 pm

Send the same email i sent to DuArt. Just change the name at the bottom to your name.
Back to top Go down
offkilter06
SOVA Moderator
SOVA Moderator
offkilter06

Female Number of posts : 217
User Title : James Fangirl
D/P Friend Code : 270726315456
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 6:48 pm

Alright. This is the best news I think SOVA has gotten in a while! Now we KNOW who to concentrate our efforts on. I think I'll start sending my sparse Pokeballs DuArt's way as well.

Another thing to remember on this contract thing: it's a real sticky situation when you play with wording like that. Perhaps someone did interpret it wrong. That doesn't really make them a liar. Have you ever tried to comprehend any contract? You might as well be putting your head in a furnace.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~oovwee
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 7:19 pm

So you're saying the old VAs didn't understand their contract? I find that highly doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime8th June 2008, 7:45 pm

Geoffrey wrote:
So you're saying the old VAs didn't understand their contract? I find that highly doubtful.

Me too. 4Kids probably sits them down in an office for hours until they are 100% sure the contracts are understood.
Back to top Go down
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 2:57 am

But what reason would the VAs have to lie to us? They would never lie to or use us.
Back to top Go down
szlemm
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
szlemm

Male Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 4:06 am

I think we should worry about who lied and who misunderstood their agreement and focus on the goal at hand. This is amazing news and i think our chances of getting the cast back are at a all time high.

IN my opinion becuase the dub changed company pusa hired a sound alike cast to keep the anime going rather than putting it on hold until the original va's could be signed once again. (keep in mind thats my hopefull thinking)

either way now is the time to send pokeballs,emails,phone calls and anything we can throw at them hahah

hey if anyone could post DuArt's postall adress id be more than happy to send them a bunch of pokeballs Razz
Back to top Go down
Geoffrey

Geoffrey

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 8:56 am

Rocket Grunt wrote:
But what reason would the VAs have to lie to us? They would never lie to or use us.

How are you so sure they wouldn't? How do you know that PUSA is the real evil? And as for a reason, they could be trying to get back at PUSA for firing them.

Please remember that I'm only speaking hypothetically. I'm not saying that the old VAs are lying to us, but there's a serious problem here, and it can't just be ignored. And why haven't the old VAs answered us yet? I know they have a life and all, but it shouldn't take THIS long for someone to answer. Something fishy's going on.
Back to top Go down
Gligar13
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Gligar13

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 9:15 am

DuArt's other email address is info@duart.com . Their address is :

DuArt Film & Video
245 West 55th St.
New York, NY 10019
USA
Back to top Go down
Trainer Rachel
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Trainer Rachel

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 11:48 am

Geoffrey wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:

How are you so sure they wouldn't? How do you know that PUSA is the real evil? And as for a reason, they could be trying to get back at PUSA for firing them.

Please remember that I'm only speaking hypothetically. I'm not saying that the old VAs are lying to us, but there's a serious problem here, and it can't just be ignored. And why haven't the old VAs answered us yet? I know they have a life and all, but it shouldn't take THIS long for someone to answer. Something fishy's going on.

Well, Eric answered, course he's the one who doesn't want anything to do with it anymore.
Back to top Go down
PokemonTrainerLisa

PokemonTrainerLisa

Female Number of posts : 482
User Title : Ash lover
D/P Friend Code : 3565-8014-9395

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 2:24 pm

I don't know what's taking the VAs so long to answer my emails, either.

Although, Geoff, I don't think we should waste our time pointing fingers at people or trying to figure out why the VA switch happened.

The contract thing goes way over my head anyway, and without someone like "the gadfly" around here to tell us exactly what this contract stuff means, I don't think it would be fair to say that anyone's lying.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to go with Neku's theory, as it makes the most sense. XD

Trainer Rachel wrote:
THE TRUTH HAS BEEN REVEALED!

Mike Pollock is a really awesome and reliable guy, ya know?

I don't want to post his exact message for privacy reasons, but basically he said that there was infact a two-year non-compete agreement in effect that kept the original actors from working on the show for the first two seasons. That has now expired and in Mike's case, DuArt called him, he auditioned, and was cast.

And there you have it :]
Finally any confusion is cleared. Now we know the truth and can take it from there.
Ah, I see. That's interesting....

So that explains why Mike Pollock was hired! ^^

Anyway, about the 2-year-non-compete clause: On the SOVA thread on Bulbagarden, Maddie did explain that there was in fact a clause like this in their contracts. However, she also stated that this clause was meaningless, and that it didn't prevent the original cast from working on the show.

What I'm thinking is that, Maddie might be right about this. And it may be true that this clause didn't prevent them from working on the show exactly - however, it probaby prevented the original cast from approaching Pokemon USA themselves and/or prevented Pokemon USA from approaching them. Either way, this might explain why the original cast was never offered a chance to begin with.
Back to top Go down
http://lovesick-pkmn.net/sova
Rocket Grunt

Number of posts : 275

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 4:44 pm

But now the 2 years are up, right? That makes them free to approach PUSA if they want to.

Nobody has heard back from Maddie or Veronica or Rachael about this?

Geoffrey wrote:
Rocket Grunt wrote:

PUSA are the only ones that could be the real evil. Th VAs told us everything. Everyone that has met the original cast has told us that they are not lairs. Which is why I know they can't be lying. They don't have anything to gain from it.

I think Lisa and Rachal might be right. Maybe the VAs were confused, or maybe they didn't understand the wording on the contract. But they wouldn't lie us.
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 5:09 pm

To be perfectly honest, I'm not so sure I'd want Veronica and the others to work for a greedy and corrupt company like PUSA (and yes, I sincerely believe that), even if they were given the opportunity. I don't believe that the Anime or the franchise itself is in good hands with them. It's not just the quality of Pokemon that concerns. It's how they treat both there employees and their consumers that has left me with such a low opinion. An I kind of hope that if PUSA ever did offer Veronica, Rachael, Eric, and Maddie their old jobs (as if that would ever happen), that they would decline just to stick it to them.

I would say that the best chance to get our beloved cast back on Pokemon is to have the Dub returned to 4Kids, or have it Dubbed by another company besides PUSA. I'm thinking maybe we should try getting in contact with Nintendo or the Pokemon company in Japan for that purpose.
Back to top Go down
iEatPikachuForLunch
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 5:20 pm

ampharos181 wrote:
I would say that the best chance to get our beloved cast back on Pokemon is to have the Dub returned to 4Kids, or have it Dubbed by another company besides PUSA. I'm thinking maybe we should try getting in contact with Nintendo or the Pokemon company in Japan for that purpose.

I highly doubt that The Pokemon Company can do a thing about it, and the same goes for Nintendo (they might not even care, including NOA.)

Maybe the VAs are taking so long because they are straightening things out with PUSA?
Back to top Go down
ampharos181
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 5:55 pm

xNarutoUzumaki9x wrote:
ampharos181 wrote:

I highly doubt that The Pokemon Company can do a thing about it, and the same goes for Nintendo (they might not even care, including NOA.)

Maybe the VAs are taking so long because they are straightening things out with PUSA?

As much as I would like to believe that is the case, I really don't see it happening. Especially if the emails from Veronica and Eric are real. Fans have been reaching out to PUSA about this for over two years. We've sent letters, emails, cranes, collages, paper bags, pasta, and now Pokeballs. We've made phone calls, signed petitions, and just about every method we could to get PUSA to hear us out about bringing back the wonderfully talented cast that made the show so good for eight years. And now with PUSA's third season, all we get are the return of minor voice actors that nobody has ever mentioned by name. While simultaneously continuing to leave out those whom we've been fighting for all this time. It's almost as if PUSA is sending a big fat "screw you" to their fans.

I'm not trying trying to impugn anyone's efforts here. I'm just saying that after the neglect we've been getting from PUSA, I think we need to try our efforts elsewhere. Maybe these other companies won't care, but they do in fact stand above PUSA on Pokemon. And if they really do care about their franchise, they will address our concerns.
Back to top Go down
Lapras87
SOVA Supporter
SOVA Supporter
Lapras87

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime9th June 2008, 6:02 pm

ampharos181 wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I'm not so sure I'd want Veronica and the others to work for a greedy and corrupt company like PUSA (and yes, I sincerely believe that), even if they were given the opportunity. I don't believe that the Anime or the franchise itself is in good hands with them. It's not just the quality of Pokemon that concerns. It's how they treat both there employees and their consumers that has left me with such a low opinion. An I kind of hope that if PUSA ever did offer Veronica, Rachael, Eric, and Maddie their old jobs (as if that would ever happen), that they would decline just to stick it to them.

They would not be working with PUSA. They would be working with DuArt, as explained by Mike Pollock. It would actually be pretty good to see DuArt offer the old VAs their jobs back.

But yes, PUSA is a very greedy company indeed. The good thing is PUSA has the license to the show, but they're not dubbing it. DuArt is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!   Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recently hired 4Kids VAs have betrayed the original cast!
Page 8 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next